EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Arieste

Many people (especially all those unable to do anything in Phantom Sea over the last couple of days due to 5s lag) are wondering about what's happening with beta given tomorrow's launch.

Is beta still staying on for those for whom the expac is not released yet (those not all access)?
Will people have time post-launch to finish achievements for those beta rewards (especially given the PS issues)?

In general, I think people are wondering what's happening with the beta server and launch and all that.

Some kind of announcement and/or Q&A would be nice right about now. (Unless i've somehow missed it).
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
Afista_SOE

Community Relations

The Beta server will be coming down tomorrow morning with the game update. It will not be coming back online after tomorrow's All-Access launch of Altar of Malice.
Afista_SOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
Arieste

Have the PS lag issues been fixed? It was unplayable the entire day yesterday, making it very frustrating for many people that were trying to finish off the questlines.
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Adegx

When/how can i buy the expansion? I'm so afraid of us killing the billing servers and creating a nightmare. I'd like to buy early and not try all at the same time
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Xianthia

played today, no lag at all (well I mean w/e lag I generated for myself from having every particle and animation turned on... but that's a different issue Tongue )
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
Lleeh

There is no preorder this xpac and yes ps is fixed
Lleeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
Phee

Wouldn't we all, id like to buy it at midnight, go to sleep, wake up download and play. lol but i dont see this happening. going to wait til the last second and crash the servers with the people all buying at once.
Phee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
SgtPmpkn

Most likely from Holly's earlier tweet, we will be able to buy AoM once the servers all come back up... but here's hoping that it wont be that way to save alot of possible frustration.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote