EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Wurm

OK I came over to the island at max xp and aa. I remembered my slider and took it all the way to the left. I ignored the buff bot since I want to test the content at my level and with my current gear.

I dinged 96 exactly when receiving the quest to investigate the Brokenskull Pirates. I now have the lower Pygmy camp finished and am at 43.5% to 97. I also now have a total of 7 Prestige points in the Paladin tree and am at 36% to my next.
I'm receiving on average 68 XP (+239 from bonuses) per level 98 mob kill.
I think that the XP could be a bit higher but am satisfied with my progress so far.

How has your experience been so far?

*edit* And other than the Brokenskull solo instance, I have not needed my Mercenary at all.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Naneel

I forgot about the AA slider until I had done about 15 quests on the first island. But, I caught it at that point.

I got to the point where I needed to go into Zavith'loa and I was still 96 and it required 98.

I did run my merc most of the time though just to speed up the killing.

I ended up using the bauble just so I wouldn't have to go grind out 2 more levels to continue progressing in the signature line.
Naneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Shmogre

Not to be a downer, but one thing to remember is that there is a 100% beta XP buff, so it will take longer to level when it goes live. The veteran's bonus for level 95 toons will also be going away with the cap raise, so that will affect leveling as well.

The quest XP isn't horrible, but the combat XP is a bit demoralizing...seeing double- and triple-digit XP values [even on beta] when you have millions to gain is a bit soul-crushing. :^(

[Side note: Don't forget that they've changed the adventure XP gain for prior instances and contested zones [like Skyshrine], so they won't be as useful for getting beyond 96. I've seen comments saying AA gain is still the same, but the adventure gain is severely curtailed when you have outleveled the zone. They are encouraging people to venture into the current stuff by making the older zones a bit less fruitful.]
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
Wurm

Well if 68 xp per kill is with the beta buff then they are insane.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
Wurm

Hit level 97 turning in the quest after killing the Freeport Agent. Now have 10 Prestige total as well.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Luzionist

Has anyone been checking what xp amounts the contested zones are giving?
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #7
Kalika

Only AS require level 98, i m quite sure that i completed it around 96/97. I Had the same progression than the OP
but since I forgot to unlock XP is lost a dozen of quests some I reached 96 a bit after completing broken-skull bay.

The XP given by mob seems a bit low to me, i completed the signature around 99.5 ...

Currently progression on beta is fine, but since beta provide a double xp bonus on live we will complete the signature
around 98 ;-(
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #8
Dmack

Thanks for the info. I expected they would make all zones below AoM worthless since the kill rate is really high in them. A heroic level 94 ^^^ currently gives 400 a kill baseline and takes about 3 seconds. Clearing a old instance takes under 4 minutes and gives 3% of a level as compared to AoM at level 95 taking 30 to 45 seconds to make a mere 180 exp.

Bad news is that it probably will kill the game. I have heard a number of regulars saying they will pass on it anyway. I am now having second thoughts myself.
Dmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #9
Thand

i was 2 yellow to 99 when i finished the quest line. Though on line i will not have the vet bonus and server bonus
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #10
Estred

Queue Skyshrine being packed for Day 1 and Day 2 save those trying to get Quest/Solo-Disco's Confused
Estred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
Thand

Nope the exp is reduced by ~95% if you are over the original intended level for the contested zone which for Skyshrine is .. 92
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
Wurm

Its like they want to kill the game at the same time as they release the best overland expac they have in years.