EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #271
membrainophones

sent dxdiag
membrainophones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:15 AM   #272
Anadorr

I was briefly able to log into Garthog in TS last night and then had to log for the night. now all 3 chars are in TS but when i try to log on to them i get a windows error - "EQ2 Client application has encountered a problem and needs to close"
As far as I know, I should not be streaming. How can I tell for sure?
Anadorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:04 AM   #273
Anadorr

Ok, I finally got in! I had to turn my graphics (once i figured out how) down to Max Performance BEFORE logging into a character =)
Anadorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #274
Chunk

Toon: Snowpeltt
Played through the end of the TS quests and was able to finish the first island in PS over the weekend. Still crashing about every other loading of TS or PS. Was able to load into the two solos during the part of the sig line I have played so far, crashed when coming out.

Still very glad I am able to play at all.
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #275
DAig

Has the client code changed recently? .. I cant remember having so many CTDs as I has on the beta server last night.

Played for a few hours ... had at least 6 or 7 different Crash to Desktops with the client shutting down abruptly, and one CTD on zoning in to Tranquil Sea. Usually playing about 5-10 mins in between each crash. It wasnt isolated to the new zones either, crashed once in Freeport, and another zone which I cannot remember.

Most of these crashes were just from running/flying around ... only one of the crashes was related to zoning activity.

After every crash there would be a rather large outofmemory.txt file in the betaserver root folder. I tried lowering details settings, texture settings .. closing every program on my desktop, but would still crash with this same issue.

Characters name : XIXTHAR

Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz
3GB RAM
ATI HD 4670 ULTIMATE
32 BIT OS
Direct X Version 10/11
DAig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #276
DAig

The only reason I ask if the client code has changed is because I have had these outofmemory.txt crashes on live server too, but only just recently and no where near as regular as the type of crashing I had on betaserver last night.

Used to play this game every day without any crashes on same hardware.

My guildie who plays with me regularly said she only has 2GB system memory on her setup and is incredibly stable on the beta server. She didn't have one single crash last night, when I had 7.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #277
Maevianiu

Developer

You might be running out of virtual memory (I can look up your specific crash logs if I have some character names and you can PM me those if you would like). I see someone crashing about 4 times last night who has less than 180MB free virtual memory when trying to zone into south seas as an example. That is not even close to the amount of free virtual memory necessary to load the new zone files and a really tight fit for the old ones.

Another way you can lower memory use is to lower the texture resolution. You can find this options in the options window under the "Display" tab. They show under the title "Texture Resolution" and are the 3rd title down in "basic" mode. The two options are "Texture Resolution" which affects environment and "Character Resolution" which affects characters. Lowering these can make things look, kind bad but can save a great deal of memory.
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #278
DAig

I included the character name in post #275 (XIXTHAR).

It is definately a memory issue, I am sure of that. I tried turning down the details / texture resolutions but didnt try character resolution, even after adjusting these details I was still crashing.

So 3 GB is officially no longer sufficent for this game, or is this just an issue with beta server?
Old 11-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #279
Maevianiu

Developer

So I do not see any crash logs from you over the last week. However, I do see you playing 10 to 20 minutes (like you said) and then going linkdead. Maybe something is going wrong with the crash reporting? There are a few other things we could look at:

PM me:
1) In your install folder there is a folder called "logs" in there look for a files named client_log 11-02-2014 ... you probably have one for each time you lost connection.
2) Check your C drive for a folder called "Crash" see if there is a logfile there (I don't think there will be) also, if you need to free up HDD space feel free to delete these. You can also send me a few if you can (they are large) at [email protected] and I can try to dig through to see what I can find.

3 GB of RAM is plenty enough. However, most people are running out of VIRTUAL memory. For example this guy:
Memory | AddressLimitMB: 2048
Memory | Load: 65
Memory | Total Physical: 3487010816
Memory | Free physical: 1200209920
Memory | Total Pagefile: 6972227584
Memory | Free pagefile: 4051394560
Memory | Total Virtual: 2147352576
Memory | Free Virtual: 184557568
Memory | Used Virtual: 1962795008

He is crashing trying to get to character select at the "loading appearance cache" part. It is trying to allocate 280MB of virtual memory for appearances and well, he only has about 184MB of free virtual memory. So he crashes (probably running too many other programs when running EQ2).
He has plenty of physical memory 3GB with 1.2GB free he just doesn't have enough virtual memory free.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #280
Quiarrah

I have only been in Beta to see the Isle of Refuge house . . . still can't get to Tranquil. Does that mean my time in Beta will not count for Rewards??
Quiarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #281
Maevianiu

Developer

Could you PM me your DxDiag info? I can see what I can find.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #282
Wurm

Just happened to me...

[IMG]
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #283
Alioha

Actually I had to copy 5 files that were all D3D but had 10 and 11 not 9 and then it worked. Smile
Alioha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #284
Alioha

This happens to me a lot when zoning back to tranquil seas and crashes me so i have to restart eq2.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #285
harvash

I am experiencing a different crash type then most of the people in this thread.

I have been running on beta for most of the past week, along with wife who has similar hardware & OS - EXCEPT for video card.

Last night, along with the massive lag in Phantom Seas, I had 3-4 crashes with very odd behavior. I suddenly lose all video (2 monitor setup) and my character can be seen going linkdead on the wife's screen. I am not able to return the video to operation without full restart (via reset button).

At first, I thought it had something to do with being in flight on mount, as all crashes occured while flying - except the final one which was simply running overland chasing a mob.

The wife has experienced no issues (GT650 video card).

Character: Permafrost.Harvash (Wife: Permafrost.Lytle)
i5-3570 ivy
Win 7 64-bit
16G DDR3
Radeon HD 7800 video card w/ 1G
harvash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #286
Alioha

I'm no computer geek but have you checked your dx to make sure its working properly?