EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
Thetmes

Will there be any PvP testing for this expansion? I have not seen any notice that PvP is enabled or will be enabled or anything about new gear for it. I did see where there are adorns but no "" Official "" word on them being on Beta at this time. I may have missed it though. Just want to help and do my part in testing for the aspect of the game I enjoy the most.
Thetmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Schnooky

I would also mlike to know if we are getting just new PVP adorns or the adorns and a new line of PvP gear(but without the toughness/lethality).
I would like to know if we have to grind PVE for armor or will the shard merchants in Champion's Respite offer new gear with this expansion?
Schnooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Thetmes

Still waiting for some type of response on this.......
Old 10-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
Nucular

Anything?
Nucular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
Mermut

At a guess.. they need to make sure the solo and heroic content is working before they can test PvP. Since testing PvP would require setting beta to be PvP. Due to the nature of 'enough' people who PvP, those testing PvE cannot do so while the servers are PvP.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Nucular

I understand about the testing.....but would like some word on gear/adorns. There was some talk of doing it different this time.
Nucular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
Trasor

The fact that there isn't a PvP tab in the Beta Discussion is a bit alarming...hopefully because it hasn't been put into Beta yet. We are all eager to see how things changed, hopefully more toward the classical feel!
Trasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:02 AM   #8
Trasor

Please tell me that this expansion is going to have a plan of action for Nagafen before we hit it...
Old 10-28-2014, 01:52 AM   #9
Lethlian

Why do you think that is?

Here's a hint, Its because they don't have the man power (devs) to actually do anything about it even if they wanted to. Your hopes for PVP from SOE lies in *hoping* they do it (correctly even / assumingly) in EQNext.

Btw you and the rest of Nagafen are going to hate PVP even more in this game, come AOM. Why? because Lethality and Toughness are no longer on *items* aka GEAR. Its all going to be placed on BLUE ADORNMENTS, that can be attached to ANY GEAR.....

so what does that mean?

It means that BIS (Best in slot) gear is going to be PVE RAID GEAR for PVP. Welcome to the ERA of Antonia Bayle will roflpawn all of Nagafen / PVP that shows up in champion's respite.

Honestly with the route there going in AOM for PVP, they should just disband Nagafen. You guys won't even be able to compete in Battle Grounds anymore seeing your server doesn't even have a guild worth a damn to acquire BIS gear for AOM. (and before you MF bgs, remember its where a HUGE majority of your server spends its time at anyways, outside of WFs which essentially is nagafens own personal version of a battle ground, because please do try and tell me that sh*t is open world pvp),

Lastly don't take this post as an attack on you. I do feel bad for the state of Nagafen and I don't like how PVP is currently or how it is seemingly going to be done in AOM. Also before you blame me for everything screwed up about PVP, remember one thing, I didn't ask the devs to do anything that lead to PVP being what it presently is now or what its going to turn into come AOM. Its always so funny how nagafen players say, "well you blue players did this, this and this...." NOOOOOOOOOOO blue players didn't ask for sh*t, devs simply made decisions for PVP based on how this game was being directed by expansions (A LA since SF). Blame SOE for not listening to players from nagafen instead
Lethlian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:16 AM   #10
Trasor

I actually think that this change would be better in all honesty...the game was more successful when raiders had the better gear and pvpers relied on more skill to win. If a player with better gear beats me even though I out-think and out-maneuver him, that doesn't bother me AT ALL. The old days were the best and I hope that we can go back to them. I like the fact that other parts of the game become more involved in PvP.

I just do hope that while this does happen, there remains some sort of significant incentive to play on Nagafen. I am hoping that there can be some changes that makes things "easier" to be on our server rather than others. Regardless, I am fine with this. If a blue player rolls me in a BG that is great, because from the standpoint I am at, I hope that they make Battlegrounds such a terribly low method of token/exp/whatever gain that it makes no sense for anyone to ever queue up.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:13 AM   #11
Thetmes

I will say it Lethlian Blue Players had a huge impact on the state Naggy is in now. I will explain

1) Blue Players asked for BG's or PvP light
2) Blue Players get rolled by Naggy players in PvP gear only avail on Naggy complain get gear nerfed and we end up with the gear we have now.
3) Blue Player spends months getting Raid Gear rolls into BG gets rolled by toon in PvP gear again says not fair so and so has better gear for his style of play v's my raid gear that I spent x amount of time to get. So we end up with no PvP gear.

Now I will say this I play on Naggy and really do not like BG's at all I have only been doing them recently for the chance at an ethereal and even then only every now and then. Once this exp goes live I will not leave Naggy to go up into BG's unless I need something out of CR I will not be doing the quest or participating in BG's. Which if the rest of the Naggy players do the same which I can say I know quite a few that are going to do the same. Well BG's at cap are going to start looking like 30-89. If this happens and the only way you can get your PvP on will be on a red server( how it should be imo ) Then we may start to see some more people on Naggy.

As for the no one left to raid on Naggy there are people there and people are talking about it we will see though. I doubt it will be anything like it used to be with one of the top guilds being on Naggy but I am sure there will be some if not all the content gotten threw sooner or later.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #12
Trasor

I would really like to see both raiding and PvP happening again on Nagafen. I just do agree that with the expansion 2 weeks away we should really be informed of what is in store for us.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #13
Creasote

"You're so vain, bluebie I bet you thought this post was about you"

As a Nagafen player, I don't care what some bluebie care bear says about raid gear in BGs. I would never run a BG again if they fixed open world pvp. Removing gear separation is a step in the right direction toward better open world pvp.

A roaming writ giver for a different tiers is the way to go and would help revitalize open world pvp among many other suggestions.

What will not help are people hiding in instances running heroic zones or grinding charity tokens in BGs. Make the best gear come from contested.
Creasote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #14
Schnooky

still waiting for a Dev to chime in here with any information at all.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #15
Trasor

What is crazy is the fact that actually everyone seems to be on the same page and agreeing for once. Loving it and hope this productivity can help us maximize the developer time that pvp receives.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:47 PM   #16
Thetmes

I just hope that we see something here soon. Even if it is just an outline of the soon to come adorns or gear. So that those of us on Naggy know what we need to do or look forward to.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #17
Schnooky

yes SOE, a courtesy reply to your customers is in order here.
anything at all......
Old 10-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #18
Thetmes

Even a we are working on it post would be much better than the silence we are getting now............................
Old 10-31-2014, 09:33 AM   #19
Sirvandal

Don't forget the stat conversion cap! For example, a 1200 potency warlock and a 800 potency warlock, the 1200 lock converts into 520 pot and the 800 lock into 480 pot in PvP. My explanation isn't very clear but I hope you get it.
Sirvandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #20
Thetmes

Been up for over a week ............. still waiting
Old 11-04-2014, 04:51 AM   #21
Lethlian

1. No they didn't, I've been playing this game since its inception. They took that idea from World of Warcraft.
2. SF introduced lethality and toughness, but that gear wasn't even remotely good for pvp. I had t2 and t3 pve raid gear and had tons of lulz in bgs back then.
3. At what time did any of this happen? It wasn't in SF and definitely not in DOV when this games stat system hit mudflation levels and the pvp gear back then was not even good enough to compete with PQ gear.

The best hope for this game's pvp system is to simply remove gear separation.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:54 AM   #22
Lethlian

You don't understand what I'm saying, its cool. We both have the same perspective you know and I completely agree with your post. Not so vain seeing that I want nagafen to succeed now is it?
Old 11-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #23
Thetmes

1) Yes blue players did ask for BG type play because of WoW and they wanted that here

2) Yes SF is where leth and tough got added but it was the level 80 PvP gear from TSO and the lv 90 PvP gear from SF that was only avil on red servers that really got the Blue Players bent cause the gear was better for open world PvP and usable in BG's so better than anything a blue server could get for PvP. Your raid gear may have been better than the BG gear avail to blue server players. However the PvP gear avail to red server players and only avail on red servers was BiS for PvP. The forums were full of /cry about getting rolled in BG's by red server players in better gear and in stacked groups. While I have not been playing since launch as some have I did start when RoK was released and have been on Naggy since then. So I remember how this part went.

3) As for you reference to DOV and the stat inflation and PvP gear not being as good as PQ gear well if you remember the PvP gear we had at the time of DoV release was from SF and there was no PvP gear update for DoV until about 6-9 months in. Once it was released though it was BiS for PvP even though it even further took us to cookie cutter gear for PvP where all the plate tanks wore exactly the same gear for example.

If you want a prim example of how PvP should be TSO was the best mix of PvP gear and PvE gear working together in a mix match setting to attain BiS ( for your play style ) and have different group set ups and still be able to dominate in open world PvP. In TSO the group I ran with ran a Guard, Zerk, Pally, Temp, Dirge and a Fury some times. Most of the time we were just 5 and while it took us some time to kill some groups we deff held our own and we were all playing the class we wanted to play and having fun and all 3 tanks were in very different gear.