EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Kalika

I am far from seeing the whole picture of the expansion but from solo AS tests and heroic parses that i saw (have not tested myself since storm community is inexistent on the beta ... except probably Utopia running raids in guild)
I have the impression that HPS will raise a lot more than HP pools.

So the huge HP increase that I actually welcomed in TOV would simply be undone and we will back to pre-TOV (late velious) situation ...

Just wondering ...

note that it was probably already the situation in wing2 and wing 3 ...
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
Kraeref

Do you even know what shizophrenia means? Seriously?

I wish there was unlike button to click as well.
Kraeref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
Lateana

Do you not get that English is not the OP's first language? Give the OP some slack, you know what was meant even if the words and grammar are not quite right.
Lateana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:59 AM   #4
Ucala

I actually don't know what the OP was saying
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #5
Estred

Possibly something along the lines of "saying one thing but doing another"? Saying they wanted to get away from Tank Alive going to Tank Dead in less than a second to a "tug-o-war" mechanic. The problem with Tug-o-War is that without Spikes the war will be stale. Either the tank will slowly die or never die. The problem is making the spikes "fun" which is backwards from what we think as players. Players believe it or not enjoy being "challenged" in the form of near-death. It's adrenaline/endorphin causing situations.

So my guess it the OP was saying that in AoM they feel that they are undoing the changes from ToV.
Estred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
Ynnek

It's a very common, but completely incorrect usage of the term. I guess it could also be considered offensive to anyone familiar with anyone effected by real schizophrenia.

But in the common (and incorrect usage) It implies making a decision one day, then the exact opposite decision the next, rinse, repeat. ie, first we rebalanced everything around the idea that HP is drastically higher than heals - making healers work to outrun damage, with wiggle room for heath bars to move up and down, because it's best. Then we turn around and reblance heals for the higher health, resulting in huge heals, returning us to the tank either being Green, or Dead, nothing in between - because that's best.

Or making spell rares rare, because that's best. Then making spell rares common, because that's best. Then making new ultra-rares rare, because rare spell ingredients is best.

I may have known exactly what he meant, because I may have made the same comment (incorrectly) at times. Sometimes about EQ2's mechanics directions... sometimes about my own upper management.... Wink
Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #7
Ucala

now that makes sense.
although from what I have seen, hp is also on the rise during this expac to follow the increase in heals (we just haven't really seen it due to the fact that we don't really have expac gear) but yea
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Avithax

Pmsl omg hahahahahaha
Avithax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #9
Arieste

Since this is one of the very few things that i can actually clearly understand in this entire thread, i just want to respond to this.

When did we ever go away from this? ToV was all about "tank must block everything, or they will die, healers are irrelevant except for keeping group health up on pulsing AEs." From what i've seen, it's pretty much the same exact thing in AoM - healers must keep up with huge damage ticks on group while tank does whatever. For a few of the harder heroics it was common to see the entire group die and tank still be around and tanking long enough to rez everyone after. So i don't see this supposed massive change of direction. Tanks largely keep themselves up, healers protect group - it's how it was in ToV, it's how it looks to be in AoM. Just with bigger numbers.

I don't remember ANY expac prior to ToV when i was so entirely comfortable (as MT healer) to just walk away from the tank and go do something else (like rez someone out of group, or run out to clear a curse or some other thing).
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #10
Kalika

Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #11
Kalika

In any language the common usage is always correct ;-)

Even if not a psychiatrist i have an idea of what is schizophrenia,

English is not my first language, but i assume than like in french words have different meaning according to the context.
And in my post it was very obvious that i refered to the common usage and not to the medical one.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #12
Feldon

If a healer genuinely enjoys being routinely faced with random situations that they have few or no tools to cope with, then they might want to talk to a therapist about their masochism. Wink

"You might have a problem if spike damage is fun for you..."
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
Estred

I would say that's an issue of being able to deal with something presented in the game. That's what emergency heals were supposed to be for. If they have no tools to deal with it, then it's not exactly something they should be routinely seeing.
Estred is offline   Reply With Quote