EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #61
Arishkogol

SOE Community Council

I voted for the August weekend because everything seems to be cheaper in Vegas in August.  I used to go down for Defcon in August and it was a surprisingly affordable vacation.

Arishkogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #62
BroomyHilda

The Quiet Type

Bally's in July.  Wow...SOE is going to give us time to budget for the trip?  Fan Faire 2010 was a blast at Bally's.

Broomy

BroomyHilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #63
Larkso

As much as I didn't like Bally's last year, the dates are nicer.  July 4th is on Monday.  If you get that off, you only have to take 4 days off to get a week.  Please think about getting some chairs along the halls for people who have mobility issues and ways to minimize lines, like staggered start times depending on when the account registers.  Thanks and hope to see everyone, no matter which date.

Larksong (Xegony)

Larkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #64
Toomyhil

Bally's pool party was great..Will Smedley allow another open bar?

Toomy

Toomyhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #65
Stormieang

Vegas in July!

Stormieang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #66
Va

Having been to FanFaire at both the Hilton and bally's. BY FAR I choose Ballys!!!  Much more comfortable, much easier to find the convention rooms and the staff at Bally's is just much nicer!!

Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #67
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

One word ahead: please stop the whining about "why can't it be here, why can't it be there?"

I have been to the last 3 FFs and I fly over from Europe, so I dare say that most of those folks moaning about the high costs and wanting to have a FF at the east cost have to spend a bit less than myself and the other folks from abroad.

BTT:

I like the Ballys better than the Hilton, because there are very many other options close by without even needing the Monorail. Regarding the prices: in the last years I have never taken the Special SOE prices" for all days, most of the time it was cheaper to just go via vegas.com or the hotels directly and get a nice discount. People from the US can probably get it even better by a combo with a flight, so saying "Hilton is cheaper than Ballys" might be true for the SOE prices, but isn't guaranteed to be the same once you start looking for your own.

PS: Quite a few even cheaper hotels close by (eg. Flamingo or Imperial Palace, both even in the same Enterntainment group as Ballys).

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #68
Velvetro

Please have it in Aug...

Velvetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #69
Jo

Thank You Thank You for the location and possible dates soooo quickly !  I am one of those people who has to choose vacation time this month and in prior years I always guessed wrong, resulting in a flurry of attempted week trades with my workmates.

If only the hotel/dates were reversed ! I am holding off on my vote until concurring with the MC Faire Raid folks ~ we have several birthdays in August and that makes it even better for us.

Thanks again for the speedy options !

Joie de'Vivre ~ Jaggedpine Defenders - Guk

Kerewyn Taure'Tinu ~ Antonia Bayle

Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #70
wizdons

The Quiet Type

how about Houston TX or some other place closer than freaking CA for a change!

wizdons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #71
Isror

The Quiet Type

Please please please vote for August...The dates in July are my wedding date lol and there is NOOOOOO way that the wife will go to Fan Faire and race back home for the wedding.

Isror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #72
Isror

The Quiet Type

imrahil_donnergroll wrote:

PS: Quite a few even cheaper hotels close by (eg. Flamingo or Imperial Palace, both even in the same Enterntainment group as Ballys).

lol stay at these two properties at your own risk! I wouldn't even recommend them for people I don't like.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #73
Larassea_Val

I am saving enough money to get to FanFaire 2011 from Germany. SMILEY

Larassea_Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #74
Tenamdar

Happy Camper

So, I've realized that my kiddo is going to be with me the whole month of July, therefore, if FF turns out to be that month, I will be unable to attend. Will hope for the Hilton in August! SMILEY

Tenamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #75
Iakhovas

The Quiet Type

Have to pick July because it would be ridiculous for SOE to pick the same weekend as Gen Con Indy for a third year in a row.  Gen Con has waaaay higher attendance numbers than Fan Faire. Why force gamers to choose between the two?

Iakhovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #76
Ashlanne

Project Manager

cayt wrote:

Why do you guys always put a date opposite of GenCon?

I voted for July because the August date is against the largest Game Con in North America.  Also, Bally's has a much better convention space that is much more accessable.

Those are the dates the hotels give us...  They too have other conventions and event during the summer season so we have to go with what we get.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #77
DreadPirate

The Quiet Type

I'd also like to vote for some place other than Vegas.

DreadPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #78
L

I cannot vote yet.

Bally's has the better rooms and convention center SMILEY

Hilton has the good dates SMILEY

I really disliked it at the Hilton but with them being cheaper... it may be what I have to choose. Discussing with guild/hubby since we had over 16 this last year.

L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #79
Ashlanne

Project Manager

RokshNRoll wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Hey folks it's that time again...

Let us know which of the following you would prefer for Fan Faire 2011?

<>

Hilton: August 4th – 6th: Thursday - $79, Friday - $79, Saturday - $79

As far as the cost for the room at Bally's goes, is that for the south tower or north, and if its for the south tower, will we get roped into having to pay an additional $20.00 a night to get into a nicer room, or are they working on having the south tower rennovated by the time we will be there? I mean for sure the north tower is the one to be in if your staying there during fan faire, location,location,location...

A request for an answer to this has been submitted.

I will keep you updated.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #80
Isror

The Quiet Type

Lia wrote:

I cannot vote yet.

Bally's has the better rooms and convention center

Hilton has the good dates

I really disliked it at the Hilton but with them being cheaper... it may be what I have to choose. Discussing with guild/hubby since we had over 16 this last year.

By rooms, you mean the guest accommodations right? I would take the Hilton rooms over Ballys any day tbqh lol. Ballys rooms look like a flashback from 1995

Old 10-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #81
Soos

I voted for Bally's but honestly prefer to go in August. When did you guys look into booking FF? You should really consider looking into this 2 years ahead of time or possibly looking into another hotel.

Soos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #82
L

Isror wrote:

Lia wrote:

I cannot vote yet.

Bally's has the better rooms and convention center

Hilton has the good dates

By rooms, you mean the guest accommodations right? I would take the Hilton rooms over Ballys any day tbqh lol. Ballys rooms look like a flashback from 1995

Yes, guest Accommodations. And no, the Hilton rooms didn't look better. I rather have flashback rooms that are clean and huge, then rooms that looked run down and were small.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #83
L

And as I read through posts, and have taken surveys about LV.... I am wondering if there are different Hiltons in LV. If there are, which one are you talking about using?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #84
Isror

The Quiet Type

The one I'm talking about was the Las Vegas Hilton thats at the end of the strip, where the Star Trek Experience was located before it was removed. My rooms there have always been spacious, well cleaned, excellent electronics and comfort features (electric drapes, 40" LCD tvs).

Old 10-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #85
Brailyn

The Quiet Type

bally's - idc the dates. rather be where it always is, and on the strip

Brailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #86
Fraugas

The Quiet Type

The july dates are to close to 4th of July. Wouldnt be able to go >< - but others are correct - Bally's is the better location

Fraugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #87
Fraugas

The Quiet Type

one word.... DENVER! lol

Fraugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #88
tra

I have to say the Hilton in August.  July is difficult to get time off, since everyone wants it off for the holiday and then they take extra time.  I always end up working.  August is much easier and it looks cheaper at first glance as well.

tra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #89
WarSheol

Happy Camper

Ballys ...  Lots of great places to eat in Paris and  many of the shops are together,

Hilton was way to much walking to go from room to event and shops all spread apart.

Plus Ballys is in the middle of the strip next to every thing.

WarSheol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #90
Carthingt

I wish it was in orlando...

but if I must choose

I'll go with the cheaper room pricing Hilton for 79 a night

Carthingt is offline   Reply With Quote