EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > User Interface
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

My mercenary was suspended and I noticed a new dropdown on the mercenary window that just says "No Change". Could this actually be... a way to have multiple mercenaries?! Or is it for something else?

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Landiin

Loremaster

With the new claim merc they had to add a way you could tell the game if you wanted to use the SE merc or the ingame merc. I'ed be nice if they let us keep all the merc's we've used before, so hopefully this will be used more then for the use of the SE merc.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Terrogaunt

Developer

Cyliena wrote:

My mercenary was suspended and I noticed a new dropdown on the mercenary window that just says "No Change". Could this actually be... a way to have multiple mercenaries?! Or is it for something else?

This is in relation to quest mercenaries. We didn't want accepting a mercenary you're supposed to have to allow progression to replace one that you had paid for, so now there's a "reserve." When your mercenary is suspended, it shows you the mercs that you have and can call on. Unless you have a quest merc and suspend it, there's pretty much always only going to be your default in there... I should probably change it to not show up if you don't have more than one merc lol.

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Terrogaunt wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

This is in relation to quest mercenaries. We didn't want accepting a mercenary you're supposed to have to allow progression to replace one that you had paid for, so now there's a "reserve." When your mercenary is suspended, it shows you the mercs that you have and can call on. Unless you have a quest merc and suspend it, there's pretty much always only going to be your default in there... I should probably change it to not show up if you don't have more than one merc lol.

Ahhh.. I was hopeful that we'd be allowed to hot-swap multiple mercs so I could pick up another and have my elite in reserve. Thanks for the explaination! SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Terrogaunt wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Oh my. That's for the Harrow End one I suppose. Thanks for listening, I didn't mind going back to Qeynos to grab my Paladin back, but I could very well imagine the rage of somebody losing a rare merc over a quest!

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote