EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
NG23985_01

Loremaster

NPCs have been getting bigger and bigger ever since Velious came out. Please discontinue this trend. Make NPCs normal sized again. Shrink all these gigantic NPCs down!This growth in NPC size is absurd! The original gorilla is approximately the same height as the Half Elf character. The new gorilla doesn't even fit on the screen zoomed all the way out! This is ridiculous! Make them normal sized please - ALL of them. I don't want ANOTHER expansion filled with NPCs on growth hormones.

Half Elf + Kunark Gorilla

Half Elf + New Gorilla

Half Elf + Classic Lizardman

Half Elf + New Lizardman

NG23985_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Neiloch

Loremaster

Conveniently leaving out you are using named mobs for the 'bigger' example. Granted a recent development of them having solo versions, but they aren't supposed to be your typical push overs.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

the lizardmen in the lower area of Eidolon jungle... watch for the red shimmer and see how much every mob nearby grows.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Orthureon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

the lizardmen in the lower area of Eidolon jungle... watch for the red shimmer and see how much every mob nearby grows.

Ah the eXtenze buff...

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

It's all the growth hormones in the food.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
NG23985_01

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Conveniently leaving out you are using named mobs for the 'bigger' example. Granted a recent development of them having solo versions, but they aren't supposed to be your typical push overs.

I don't care if that ape is King Kong's great granddaddy! He is too big! The point here is not that these are named NPCs, the point is that they are TOO BIG! In the old days, named mobs were exactly the same size as typical mobs of the same race. This giantism has to stop. It is annoying on an epic scale.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

/agreed.

and stop spreading growth hormones to the very ground too, I'm tired of all those zones overabusing (yeah, like in abuse, reabuse, abuse a third time the abuse and so on) the use of the mouse wheel scroll up...

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Neiloch

Loremaster

NG23985_01 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't care if that ape is King Kong's great granddaddy! He is too big! The point here is not that these are named NPCs, the point is that they are TOO BIG! In the old days, named mobs were exactly the same size as typical mobs of the same race. This giantism has to stop. It is annoying on an epic scale.

So context doesn't matter they should be small? By that same logic so should all the dragons which would be silly.

How intensely boring that would be if 90% of the NPC's were 5'6"

[email protected] wrote:

Almost like they have a buff that makes them bigger and helps combat. Gee, I sure do wish players got something like that.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
NG23985_01

Loremaster

I think you're missing the point Neiloch.In original EQ2: Named Giants in Sol Eye are the same size as all other giants in the zone.In Desert of Flames: Named orcs in Clefts of Rujark ar the same size as all other orcs in the zone.In Kingdom of Sky: Named Droag in Sanctum of the Scaleborn are the same size as all other Droag in the zone.And so on. Being a named does NOT justify being 10 times bigger than other similar mobs of the same race. And speaking of Dragons, the DoV dragons are a bit larger than Venekor, one of the original Dragons. It is a fact that NPC size has increased substantially across the board in the last couple of years and it is very, very annoying.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #10
slippery

Loremaster

I ranted about this in vent one night. Big mobs really are out of control. Aside from the fact that you can't actually see anything, it creates real big problems with hit boxes and range to target for range based ae's. When you have to change the entire way you work on mobs for no reason other then they are so big you can't get out of the ae range you've created unnecessary problems.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Hubby plays a ranger and some times have huge problems staying far enough to be able to hit with a bow, so it does affect some classes in a very bad way.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
Faildozer
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Mass Extinction

Loremaster

Mobs like baroddas or some of the mobs in DOV were excessive but complaining about a lizardman who is 10 feet tall is a little.. whiny? Let the devs work on stuff that matters and with baroddas it sounds like he needs to have a giant hitbox to do the fight as intended.