EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Misia

In Tranquil Sea - "a rampaging stegodon - He looks pretty dead (laying on his side and all) sliding around not looking very healthy or rampaging... intended?
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
Jrel

LOL. I saw that one too. I was looking for quests on the island so I let that graphic glitch ... slide. Roll Eyes
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
Finora

I was out there last night and saw a whole field of 'rampaging' whatever's sliding around on the ground looking all dead.

Some even had 'disease bubbles' on them. None were agro or even attackable.
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
Avahlynn

There should be screenshots of this lol.
Avahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #5
Finora

I'd love to make a video to be honest. Screenshots won't do it justice lol.
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
Paris

They are funny as hell .. but unfortunately i think we need to interact with them to update the "A Deinodon is Angry" part of the Sig questline, so there are quite a few of us considering asking Clackwhinge to whip a gnomish version of a taser to get the sods back up on their feet.
If anyone can confirm that Yes, this is the mob we need, we can relax and sunbake on top of the web houses until its fixed Tongue Conversely, if someone can say Nope, keep looking for a different mob for that quest, i'll start re-searching the island Smile
Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #7
Ucala

it's part of a quest, for some reason though they never despawn and respawn as aggro mobs.
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Kalika

Are you also blocked in the questline ?, my warden have nothing left to di currently but to get an angry dino.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
Paris

I am totally blocked on the sig questline because of this and at least another 6 ppl hit this same point and had to stop while i was online today. The only reason i log in at the moment is to answer questions about quests/locations/NPCs etc up to that point. My sole contribution to beta atm is standing on the docks, answering questions in general chat, not really very productive for the testing process Frown
Old 10-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
Kalika

I have the same problem, i cannot test anythinng further.

When they turned Lady add to non heroic I hoped that i could them pursue my questing, the bot was tough but I made it (died like 5 times which is too much) but then quest line stopped only 2-3 steps further on this Dino quest.

I don't know if I m bloqued because i could not complete "Research and Component", i decided fianlly to delete it and I cannot get it back.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #11
Anghammarad

You do realize that there is another Pygmy Camp where you can pickup the signature?

It has been told over and over again in general chat.

And you stumble over that while flying around a bit. Same isle.

Just wondering why some don't roam to get to know their surroundings...

Sure this deinos needs to be fixed, but the questline stumbles on even without it.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
Paris

Yes, Anghammarad, i have found that next part of the Sig questline while i was searching for the 'angry' deino .. i was offered the quest and was told to delete it and wait for a fix to the rampaging deinos to avoid being majorly bugged and having to restart the entire Sig questline. This has been mentioned over and over in general chat.
Asking if people had found that questgiver, and inquiring if they had success continuing that way, would have been both polite and helpful.
Just wondering why some people make assumptions and don't bother to ask what people have done to resolve/work around the issue ...
Sure you can work around the issue, if you are willing to risk having to repeat the whole questline, but i think the whole point of beta'ing the overland quests is to point out where they are broken, allow the devs to fix them, then attempt to complete them, rinsing and repeating until it is functional. Stumbling around it means you go past the break point and cannot then test it .. kind of defeats the purpose to my mind. Unless, of course, your purpose is just to finish the quest and gain the reward, regardless of bugs ..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #13
Anghammarad

Sure you can stop at any bug you encounter and cease testing until this exact bug is fixed. But then we would need a Beta phase that is much longer than the one we currently have.

I'm there to test, so I pull every kind of monster, do every kind of quest, curse a lot, look around feeling lost, write /bug reports, and hope the things are getting fixed.

Just roaming needs to be done a lot, so that no one accidentally runs into a glitch on the overland zones... That's why I carry on, say "It's broken" once and go on testing.

In the part of whining of some here in the Beta forums, I can't understand why they do that. Say it's broken, wait for a "fixed it try again". Constand whining and bashing at and on the DEVs isn't helping anyone.

And again clearly, many give up way to soon. "isn't working, can't find my pants... boohoohoo damn you SOE", this isn't testing as well. It's crying, whining and hoping to get the full stuff before it hits live.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #14
Lodrelhai

No one here is whining or cursing at the devs - most people seem to find it highly amusing, if frustrating. Multiple people reporting it shows it isn't an isolated situation, lets the devs know if they've patched a fix in (we have no patch notes to tell) that it's not working, and as a bonus also notifies people of something amusing to go check out before it's gone.

Some people have opted not to continue on further quests because continuing the line while leaving a previous quest open can/has/does borked characters up later so they can't complete the line - at that point they have to start the whole line from the top on a fresh character/new copy. This is a known issue (and so I hope also /bug'd), known well enough that players are warning each other not to continue the line even though they can. At this point testers have the choice of waiting for a fix or possibly borking themselves. You've opted to continue on, testing other content until/unless the questline chokes out on you, and this is perfectly valid. Others are opting to wait for the fix and not retest stuff they already know is working, or at least workable. This is also perfectly valid.

There's no reason to get condescending on people because they test differently than you do.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote