EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #31
Mynda

Loremaster

Tried equipping the Mummy Wrap Armor (legs) this morning and my client crashed and intermittently crashes me on relog. 

I did see the set on a mannequin in the guild hall though and it really looks cool, can't wait till I can equip the full set.

Mynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
Cuora

Tester

I equipped the Mummy Wrap armor on Symone yesterday and did fine while logged in.  The set looks awesome on my high elf pally SMILEY.  However, I wanted to show it to hubby yesterday and client crashed to desk top as I was almost to character select screen.  Same thing this morning.  I cannot log into Test at all.  I think Katheel said they have a fix.  I hope it makes it today.  I'd like to finish testing the rest of the quests.

Chiloh-92-Wizard- Test- "Collateral Damage"

Cuora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #33
Bunji

Build Master

The update with the crash fix is pushing now, should be on Test within a couple hours.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
Kaitheel

Dev

I've got another change headed your way:

• Ghost Hunter - There is now sound to gathering a ghost.

When this change makes it to the Test servers it should be listed in the update notes.

~Kaitheel

Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #35
Cloudrat

Tester

Well when you moved the quest giver closer to ghosts the skulls in the Commonland race became no longer visible.   Antonica are fine .

Several of  us tried the CL and no one could see the skulls, though they must be there because just by running in the area we got credit for some and the white ghosts popped on occasion.

Also  small prize is now only one candy no mask nothing but one candySMILEY(

Old 09-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #36
Kaitheel

Dev

Cloudrat wrote:

Well when you moved the quest giver closer to ghosts the skulls in the Commonland race became no longer visible.   Antonica are fine .

Several of  us tried the CL and no one could see the skulls, though they must be there because just by running in the area we got credit for some and the white ghosts popped on occasion.

Also  small prize is now only one candy no mask nothing but one candy(

1) I did not move the quest giver at all.  But Now I see what the issue is with the skulls.  Fixing that!

2) The masks are lore.  If you already have one in your inventory you will not get offered that same one again.

~Kaitheel

Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #37
Cuora

Tester

I was jus in on Beta and found the same issue with missing ghosts/skulls in CL.  Just wanted to make sure the fix gets to both servers.

Love the quests this year.  My 5 year old son loves the dedicated jack o' lantern from the NOTD Devotee quest.  He giggles watching it bounce behind me.  He told me I have to get one for all my toons SMILEY.

Chiloh-92-Wizard- Test- "Collateral Damage"

Cuora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #38
Kaitheel

Dev

Cuora wrote:

My 5 year old son loves the dedicated jack o' lantern from the NOTD Devotee quest.  He giggles watching it bounce behind me.  He told me I have to get one for all my toons .

Awesome!

~Kaitheel

Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
Kaitheel

Dev

I've got another change heading your way:

• Ghost Hunter - Players that have already completed the quest get a chance to re-read the instructions by speaking with the quest giver.

I am not sure when this change will be on the test or beta servers, but it should be listed in the update notes at that time.

Thank you all for the help!

~Kaitheel

Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
Finora

Tester

Hurray! I was able to get log back on last night and run through the rest of the quests with Fin. Great job on the new rewards.

*thanks for getting the mummy wrap fix in =) I was dying to be able to finish up the other quests lol*

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #41
Airesilme

Lord

Not exactly sure what is "supposed to happen", when you "poke" your Dedicated Jack-O-Lantern. You hail him and he says "....." hehe I'm guessing he's annoyed with you. {poke, poke, poke} But it's adorable!

LOVE, and I mean love the new Ghost Hunter event in CL and Antonica! Perhaps next year we can other types of goodies, besides masks.

Awesome new goodies to be crafted.  Loving the new addictions! Great job!! Missing the Candy Dish from last year though.  Mabye for nexr year...a Haunted Mansion Snowglobe!! *ducks throw shoes*

Airesilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #42
Soresha

Tester

Like the race! Yes it needs sound effects, but I guess your changes haven't patched yet. Just found a couple of things.

Not sure if all the races have been like this, but it's a bit annoying. If you take the race quest, then whilst waiting for it to start you change your mind and delete the quest from your journal, you're still locked into the race. I.e. the mount disappears but you're rooted to the spot until the race starts and still getting the red onscreen messages.

Got a strange visual bug when my fae steps onto the teleport pad, she disappears all except her appearance head item (Skullcap of Frenzied View) which is still visible. It's one of those leafy circlet ones:

Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #43
Kaitheel

Dev

Soresha wrote:

Not sure if all the races have been like this, but it's a bit annoying. If you take the race quest, then whilst waiting for it to start you change your mind and delete the quest from your journal, you're still locked into the race. I.e. the mount disappears but you're rooted to the spot until the race starts and still getting the red onscreen messages.

*snipped quote*

Yeah, all of the races, including the flying ones have that root spell that sticks around until the race would have started, even if you delete the quest during that short period.

~Kaitheel

Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #44
Kaitheel

Dev

Airesilme wrote:

Not exactly sure what is "supposed to happen", when you "poke" your Dedicated Jack-O-Lantern. You hail him and he says "....." hehe I'm guessing he's annoyed with you. {poke, poke, poke} But it's adorable!

LOVE, and I mean love the new Ghost Hunter event in CL and Antonica! Perhaps next year we can other types of goodies, besides masks.

Awesome new goodies to be crafted.  Loving the new addictions! Great job!! Missing the Candy Dish from last year though.  Mabye for nexr year...a Haunted Mansion Snowglobe!! *ducks throw shoes*

*caught shoes* (Those were her very best pumps!)

Sweet!  I am glad to hear that you appreciate the rewards and items.  There are a few items other than masks in the reward list for the Ghost Hunter events right now, (appearance weapons), but yes, some different rewards would be nice, too!

~Kaitheel

Old 09-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #45
ianilu

Loremaster

I love the melted candles but I wish the skull wasnt included cuz if I wanted alot of candles id be stuck with a bunch of skulls as well.

ianilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #46
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Kaitheel, I'm waiting until this one hits live to actually play with the event, but been keeping up on the thread. Thank you SOO much for changing trick-or-treating into something else! Also peeked at the new items over on EQ2Traders and they look very nice... awesome to see garland without mistletoe on it. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #47
Kaitheel

Dev

Cyliena wrote:

Kaitheel, I'm waiting until this one hits live to actually play with the event, but been keeping up on the thread. Thank you SOO much for changing trick-or-treating into something else! Also peeked at the new items over on EQ2Traders and they look very nice... awesome to see garland without mistletoe on it.

Thank you, Cyliena!

The city revamps were the perfect opportunity to change out both the NotD trick-or-treating and the Candy Cane Grab 'n Tag contests that were in Freeport and Qeynos. They were good in their day, but some aspects were unintuitive (or now broken).  The Ghost Hunter contests, and the Frostfell Candy Grab in Commonlands and Antonica (introduced in 2011) may not be for everyone, but I've certainly been glad to see so many people enjoying them!

Isn't it nice to see?!  I thought so, too.  There is no way mistletoe could even remotely look appropriate for this holiday.

~Kaitheel

Old 10-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #48
Calthine

ZAM EQII

I like the "grabs".  Maybe in 4-5 years come up with something new, lol.

Bug:  As of this evening (Sunday September 30) Jug of Caustic Poison from Celebrations of the Dead V still had no appearance.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #49
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

Kaitheel wrote:

Isn't it nice to see?!  I thought so, too.  There is no way mistletoe could even remotely look appropriate for this holiday.

~Kaitheel

that depends entirely on who/what is standing under said mistletoe. can be rather tramatiseing fear in some cases.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #50
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Edit: a Tester reported the bug before I could. Had to read the thread twice! Apologies SMILEY

Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #51
Beckah

Tester

During the quest "The haunting" if you fail the dance moves step by Lady Halcovain, when you restart them, the skeletons do not annouce their moves or dance.   The quest continues, you just can't finish it. You have to leave the house and come back and do the whole thing all over again.  Always happens.  I also sent a bug report about it in game.

Beckah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #52
Kaitheel

Dev

Beckah wrote:

During the quest "The haunting" if you fail the dance moves step by Lady Halcovain, when you restart them, the skeletons do not annouce their moves or dance.   The quest continues, you just can't finish it. You have to leave the house and come back and do the whole thing all over again.  Always happens.  I also sent a bug report about it in game.

Unfortunately, some do encounter this, though it is not consistent.  It is annoying, to say the least.

Zam has noted (here):

"If you receive too many fails you will be unable to complete this step. Many times this completely bugs out the entire Haunted House, requiring you to leave, delete the quest and restart it. (it has been reported that if you fail and wait for the music to stop completely the dance should correctly reset itself) The goal is to pay close attention so you pass! Ignore what the lady is saying and the nearby halfling ghosts who copy your moves to minimize distractions."

I wish that I had the time to go back and fix the issue.  Unfortunately, as this was a heavily scripted event written by someone no longer on the team, it would take more time than I have to follow the logic threads in hopes of resolving it without introducing other issues in the process.

~Kaitheel

Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #53
Finora

Tester

There might be only a few of us, but I know I'm sad to see the trick or treating go.  I know it was hard on some people, but I always prefer to see things added rather than something taken away when new things get added.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #54
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Calthine wrote:

Bug:  As of this evening (Sunday September 30) Jug of Caustic Poison from Celebrations of the Dead V still had no appearance.

This jug is still invisible as of this m*rning - no preview, no graphic when placed.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #55
Bunji

Build Master

NiamiDenMother wrote:

Calthine wrote:

This jug is still invisible as of this m*rning - no preview, no graphic when placed.

I'll try and get that fixed with tomorrow's (Wed) update.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #56
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Interesting bit of randomness when I tried out the Ghost Hunter race in Antonica today.  When I was on the Ghost Hunter cloud mount, I could see the boost and lightning clouds for the aether races.  And the speed boost ones worked to boost my Ghost Hunter race speed.  Given that NotD is going to overlap the Freeport City Festival by 6 days, this might be something that could use some tweaking.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #57
Ashlie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Concord

Loremaster

Lodrelhai wrote:

Interesting bit of randomness when I tried out the Ghost Hunter race in Antonica today.  When I was on the Ghost Hunter cloud mount, I could see the boost and lightning clouds for the aether races. 

I could also see these while running the Ghost Hunter quest, which caused me to lag really bad where I wasn't lagging before with the Ghost Hunter race. The lag the aether races has for me keeps me from running those. But having them visible when not on the aether race and trying running the Ghost Hunter race, made the Ghost Hunter race made it too hard to run unless I cut my settings way down, and then you can't see the ghosts. I finally decided to stop.

Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #58
Oparis
Server: Valor
Guild: Seal of Tyche

Loremaster

Quest "The Haunting"

If the zone / client crashes after you already completed the butler's tasks and you re-enter the house, the door to the dining room is blocked again. You have to delete the quest and talk to the scalper outside, to get the quest again and start from zero.

---

Char: Oparis (Templar)

Server: Valor

Deutsche EverQuest 2 Seite: http://eq2.sam11.de/
Oparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
Buffie
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Crystalline Dragons

Loremaster

Hey Kaitheel, could you please look at the quest - Survive the Night?

You cannot self mentor or regular mentor this year and you could last year.

I cannot complete the quest at my lvl and would love to get the mummy wrap.

_edit- tried again today and it mentored down, so unsure why it didnt do it before but so far its working again. thanks!

Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #60
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Just a point with regard to 2 areas.

The Haunted mansion, you can get almost all the drops for the Vampire Legend and Lore with just one run. So can you please reduce the teeth drops, and instead increase the chewing gum. I get at least 1 full unwanted stack of fangs per char, per notd run.

The Hedge Maze. The harpies in here do give the auto updates for Harpy legend and lore, but I have yet to see 1 examine drop across all my chars (12 on test, 11 on Unrest and 9 on Splitpaw) in the 2 years I have been doing the full Nights of the Dead events. So if the examine update drops could be increased just a little, it would be appreciated.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote