EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #31
Windstalker

Senior Staff

The team is really grateful that players here are getting us constructive feedback on issues.  It goes a long way to making the game better and we are so lucky to have players like you.  Terrogaunt has been spending a lot of time going into all the quests and finding the ones that are unique and with the amount of content we have, it's inevitable that some will slip by his eagle eye.

So thank you again, sincerely.

Producer

EverQuest II
Windstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
Terrogaunt

Developer

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

Jarsath Wastes 

Nothing on the Mind (level 80 quest) from Scout Nan'Dor

As soon as you recieve the quest all of the Sel'Nok in the area get the icon.

EDIT - looks like everything in the zone got the icon.

Believe it or not, that's actually the first bauble quest I've ran into that has an if-or on the mobs it can target. I've gone ahead and altered the code to support it SMILEY.

As for the slitherers, these have already been manually flagged and should show up soon.

Thanks for the bugs guys! Keep 'em coming if you find 'em.

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #33
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Sorry. Here's something else.

Rummaging for salve(level 76). Moors of Ykesha from Wayth Bitsnbobs

You apply salve and it works correctly BUT the target icon stays on that particular mob. If you try to use it again it tells you it's already had the salve applied to it. It does time out after a minute and allows you to use it on that mob again but in a dense pack you have to remember which one you hit already.

item: aITEM 1305547482 -1474391135 0:Ykeshan Aloe Salve/ac

Old 07-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #34
Terrogaunt

Developer

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

Sorry. Here's something else.

Rummaging for salve(level 76). Moors of Ykesha from Wayth Bitsnbobs

You apply salve and it works correctly BUT the target icon stays on that particular mob. If you try to use it again it tells you it's already had the salve applied to it. It does time out after a minute and allows you to use it on that mob again but in a dense pack you have to remember which one you hit already.

item: aITEM 1305547482 -1474391135 0:Ykeshan Aloe Salve/ac

I'm afraid that there doesn't seem to be a clean way to fix that one.

What's happening is that you're setting a temporary value on that mob that prevents you from using your bauble on it again. In the name of efficiency, mobs are only checked when something new happens to the relevant player and, since it's something happening to the mob and not to you, it won't force another update. Good find, though!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #35
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

It seems the reforging quest is showing every single mob around as target, including the guards in the city you took the quest in. Could it be possible to remove the reforging quest from the quests showing a quest target?

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #36
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

It seems the reforging quest is showing every single mob around as target, including the guards in the city you took the quest in. Could it be possible to remove the reforging quest from the quests showing a quest target?

I can't seem to get this to happen for me. It could be that it's already fixed, but if you happen to have any more details like the name of the quest and the zone you're seeing it in, I'd be happy to check further.

I'm currently checking Urgent Summons in Qeynos and Freeport and not getting any icons.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
Whilhelmina

Tester

It wasn't me but a discussion in test channel.

Cariadwen on Test (level 20 fury) was in Qeynos and spoke to a reforging NPC for the quest "Urgent Summons" who updated the quest. She was asked to "kill challenging mobs to get a reforging decoration" and just afterwards realized that all Qeynos Guards green-con and above within the city had started sporting a nice little quest target icon next to their name. I'm not sure it should happen.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #38
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

It wasn't me but a discussion in test channel.

Cariadwen on Test (level 20 fury) was in Qeynos and spoke to a reforging NPC for the quest "Urgent Summons" who updated the quest. She was asked to "kill challenging mobs to get a reforging decoration" and just afterwards realized that all Qeynos Guards green-con and above within the city had started sporting a nice little quest target icon next to their name. I'm not sure it should happen.

Ah, yeah I see the issue. I can't specifiy for this quest to not display icons, but I did add a line into the scripting of it so that it stops showing EVERY mob. Now it's actually going to make sure that the mob isn't greyed out, so you shouldn't see every mob/npc with an icon unless they actually would award experience. At the very least, this should limit it down a little bit.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #39
Soresha

Tester

Priest Qeynos quest line -  Divine Intervention

On the 3rd quest step, I clicked the token via the new quest bauble button. I got 2x lines in the chat window saying "You have no need to contact Akina now" but at the same time it worked and updated the quest. I'm certain I only clicked it once.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #40
Terrogaunt

Developer

Soresha wrote:

Priest Qeynos quest line -  Divine Intervention

On the 3rd quest step, I clicked the token via the new quest bauble button. I got 2x lines in the chat window saying "You have no need to contact Akina now" but at the same time it worked and updated the quest. I'm certain I only clicked it once.

That's actually an issue on the item itself (in this case) which is now being looked into, but if you see "Already Casting..." it means that it got pressed twice in quick succession or a double send by the button. As always, keep up the good bugging!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #41
Whilhelmina

Tester

Hello,

hubby just did the "Etch the Stone" crafting quest from Skyshrine raid zone. After crafting the item, he was asked to return to Yelnar. At that point, he was in his guild hall and realised that every NPC in the hall (mender, banner holder, signets vendor and such) and the PNJ at the entrance of Underdepth (giving the quest, already completed on the char, for the zone) had the little bag icon next to their name showing a quest update.

I guess it's a bug ;p

Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
ZUES

Loremaster

I did not read every reply in this thread so if this was already brought up, sorry.

The Thurgadin writ givers have three quests for orcs. They are Soldiers, Thermologists and Scouts. The icon only shows on them about 25% of the time. I couldn't suggest a way to recreate it because it's random and sporadic. Run a few writs and you'll see it.

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #43
Terrogaunt

Developer

ZUES wrote:

I did not read every reply in this thread so if this was already brought up, sorry.

The Thurgadin writ givers have three quests for orcs. They are Soldiers, Thermologists and Scouts. The icon only shows on them about 25% of the time. I couldn't suggest a way to recreate it because it's random and sporadic. Run a few writs and you'll see it.

If you ever need the icons to refresh on a mob, just uncheck the quest from your tracker and re-check it. That should refresh them. 

If there is an individual or a set of mobs that aren't showing the icon when they actually do update the quest, be sure to let me know and I'll be glad to look into it. SMILEY

Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #44
Zabjade

Loremaster

Kind of a tangent here but I would love to see these following ideas if possible.

Repeatable Quests instead of a feather an infinity symbol (sideways SMILEY

Crafting quest-lines a wrench instead of a feather

Writs keep the feather but add a piece of paper

Betrayal a floating dagger icon.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #45
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

None of the targets for the quest Refurbished Goods in Kaladim have Quest Target Icons.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #46
Terrogaunt

Developer

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

None of the targets for the quest Refurbished Goods in Kaladim have Quest Target Icons.

Seemed to work fine for me on our local servers. Are you checking the goblins by the stone piles and the kobolds by the waterfall/river?

After that, I guess just make sure that you're within level range and have the quest actively tracked. I'll check it out on Live when I get a chance.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #47
General_Info

Lord

while on the quest "secrets of the tallonites" in the zone "the viligant: incursion" mobs in the zone are marked with target icons despite the quest only being advancable by mobs in the intended zone "the vigilant: rescue"

also regarding target icons personally i would like to see a group quest update icon system (that is easily distingishable from the normal one.)

Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #48
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Terrogaunt wrote:

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

Seemed to work fine for me on our local servers. Are you checking the goblins by the stone piles and the kobolds by the waterfall/river?

After that, I guess just make sure that you're within level range and have the quest actively tracked. I'll check it out on Live when I get a chance.

Was not in level range, was not actively tracking the quest. Checked those groups plus the groups of spectators in the arena (which also update the quest). Didn't have any quest target icon issues with Remnants of a Traitor and was not tracking it and not in level range either.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #49
Mermut

Loremaster

I haven't seen the quest target icons show up for any of the lore and legend quests.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #50
Terrogaunt

Developer

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

Was not in level range, was not actively tracking the quest. Checked those groups plus the groups of spectators in the arena (which also update the quest). Didn't have any quest target icon issues with Remnants of a Traitor and was not tracking it and not in level range either.

Ya gotta track the quest, man! The quest icons are only going to show up for quests that are currently in your quest tracker (marked as active). If you're up to it, feel free to double check with the quest active in your tracker.

Mermut wrote:

I haven't seen the quest target icons show up for any of the lore and legend quests.

Yeah, those quests don't function in a way that I can automate the quest icons and there would be WAY too many possible mobs to flag by hand. SMILEY