EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Brigand
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2006, 01:26 AM   #1
Devolux

Loremaster

If this skill is changed to a proc - it will become worthless.Brigand Ranged dps is - uh non existant.Looks like there will be a HUGE influx of new swashies.  What i don't get it folks complain about DPS - when Brigs cant do a ton of aE nothing like a Swashy - we are built for single target.  Right now when I play well (all mastered out and decent raid gear in WIS line and sTR) I parse right behind rangers and assasins - on single target and behind Swashy, Ranger, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] on large encounters - so what is overpowered about AR?  With good resist gear anyone can sit in most of the AEs in the game - this to me is a worthless change.AR being a random proc - removes all of its utility.  Who can plan around a 5% proc chance.
Devolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 AM   #2
Felshades

Loremaster

ya'll are gonna shoot me for posting this based on my sig, but i do have a t6 brig SMILEY  however that said i had an idea if they really 'must' change AR.i know they can do this, this is similar to how the lunge/buckler reversal aas work currently.buff thats always up, when target is hit in melee, casts lost reflexes on target of attack lasts for x seconds(x to be determined by those at soe).  target is immune to aoe effects, unless direct, hate gain of target is increased by 12/15/20%(master, ad3, ad1).  effect is dispelled when target takes damage or one aoe is absorbed.  effect refreshes every y(again to be determined) seconds.  100% proc chance.basically this means it goes off, takes a while before it can go off again, so its not ALWAYS up, which seems to be the big gripe.  wont make it useless imo, however it will require the brigand to think more instead of staring at a mobs' [Removed for Content] and hit buttons without caring where hes at.my 2 cp.
Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:04 AM   #3
NemaLVey

Loremaster

/sharpens a wide assortment of daggers, swords, and throwing knives....

Interesting idea.

There is always a better way, the % to proc is not it unfortunately.  Just trying to get some response from a Dev to the community, as to why it is deemed necessary after 1.5 years of it being nerfed repeatedly, and now getting this unholy smack down, is another.   The community, I think, is very much against this type of action, and for good reasons.

Is it our DPS numbers cuz of it?   Well, there are other routes to cure that issue.  Resist gear, change for PvP reasons, or defined as overly powerful?  I would have to call, shenanigans on that, seeing how we have many minus factors against us.  Everything is debatable, except that % to proc concept, cuz it seems more of an ability/class killing mechanism.

NemaLVey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
Crimson Dragon

Loremaster

it's just jealousy on the part of an eq2 community that woke up this morning in its mid-20s and took a maturity trip down memory lane to middle school.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
Dragonslayer810

Loremaster

Crimson Dragon wrote:
it's just jealousy on the part of an eq2 community that woke up this morning in its mid-20s and took a maturity trip down memory lane to middle school.

/agree
"You look like a harpy, and you smell like one too!!!"--ah those cyclops always make me laugh!
Dragonslayer810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
Devlin Chi'

Well as a proc  EVERYONE  will have to learn raids all over even more so with  every orange mob cuz I don't foresee brigands going in to  debuff mobs and waste armor for the sake of a raid.   I mean come on wooot we beat so and so while everyone is at 100% or less depending  on the raid  and such a brig will most likely  be down to atleast  70% ( that just a guess  most likely be more like full brake and countless repair kits at 84 gold on our server each last I looked) or worse  cuz everyone will cry the mob is resisting  spells and the MT's taunts  if we don't  ? WOW sound like a whole bunch of fun for us having guildies screaming at us cuz we don't debuff cuz we don't wanna take an aoe in the face   .....I know  what your thinking   just joust  pffft here the problem with  that  3 CA's  3 casting times Ruinous Rake for the mages and healers Devitalize for the the Melee's and Dispatch for everyone  1st 2 are min long debuffs with min long recast and dispatch is only 13 sec's  do you really think I  am gonna joust a mob get position and get all 3 off b4 the AE?(especially the aes that are to random to time ?)  I can tell you no no I won't nor will any brig. .  Plus our DPS will be nonexistent I am gonna be sitting out on raid cuz my class won't be worth a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] especially in the expansion raids :/ GEE thank you SOE for making my class no fun to play any more. Maybe its time to quit EQ2 if this is all I gonna deal with is them constantly nerfing  my class  or another class that i decide to make but as soon as it is deemed over powered it will just get nerfd..........
Devlin Chi' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #7
Magus_Bl

It's just a slap in the face.

I mean take any concentration buff on any class.. and then get told it's being changed from a permanent buff that stays up all the time, to a buff that has a ~5% proc, and will last for X number of seconds.  The buff is now worthless.  Nobody relies on a 5% proc.. or 10% proc.. or 15% proc.. for anything.  It's like making resist buffs a proc.  Worthless.

I'm expecting the standard "We needed to make this change due to the new combat system" garbage... 

I hear Vanguard pre-order is coming up in December.. SMILEY

It just peeves me that they'll take the absolute coolest thing about raiding with this class, and nerf it into utter uselessness. 
Old 10-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
Shidonya

Loremaster

Simple solution: Since it is an issue for others that we are able to stay in on mobs, I say boycot raids so that others will learn to appriciate what you had since it benefited them. Once the whiners are in repair hades and not getting the fat loots cause they can't kill orange epics I think they'll change their tone. I stopped raiding and my whole guild left see how efficient it is hehehe.
Shidonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #9
Turb

General

Well, some procs are 'permanent', like a zerker's berserk mode, but yeah it's rare.Rumours have it that one brig AA line will raise the 15 second timer, maybe it also raises the proc chance. This ties in with rumours I hear of pally AA lines improving pally skills, e.g. reducing Lay on Hands' reuse timer.Hopefully the NDA will lift soon and we'll have facts.But this for sure is an all-raid issue, not just a brig one.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
Magus_Bl

Turb0T wrote:

Rumours have it that one brig AA line will raise the 15 second timer, maybe it also raises the proc chance. This ties in with rumours I hear of pally AA lines improving pally skills, e.g. reducing Lay on Hands' reuse timer.

Which is even more of a slap in the face, to me.

Hey.. we're going to take your buff away, make it a crappy proc, and then allow you to extend the duration of the proc effect by spending AA points... 

So after spending AA points to improve the post expansion ability, it will hardly be a shadow of what the pre-expansion ability was.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
Jeffmaster

Loremaster

I mean everyone is crying...but there is NDA so we are not sure of anything..so why panic now?

Is there some proof that it is getting changed?

Jeffmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #12
Nitanyspirit

Loremaster

Magus_Blue wrote:

Turb0T wrote:

Rumours have it that one brig AA line will raise the 15 second timer, maybe it also raises the proc chance. This ties in with rumours I hear of pally AA lines improving pally skills, e.g. reducing Lay on Hands' reuse timer.

Which is even more of a slap in the face, to me.

Hey.. we're going to take your buff away, make it a crappy proc, and then allow you to extend the duration of the proc effect by spending AA points... 

So after spending AA points to improve the post expansion ability, it will hardly be a shadow of what the pre-expansion ability was.

At least we all know exactly what AA's to spend.
Nitanyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
Kegofbud

Loremaster

Crimson Dragon wrote:

You've been reading the Swash forums again I see Crimson. rofl

Kegofbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #14
mikemcmodmi

I think the worst part about this change is if we range, the chance of it procing is very low.  So it's not like we can range and then hope AR goes off to go in and melee. 
mikemcmodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:31 AM   #15
Crimson Dragon

Loremaster

Kegofbud wrote:

Crimson Dragon wrote:it's just jealousy on the part of an eq2 community that woke up this morning in its mid-20s and took a maturity trip down memory lane to middle school.

You've been reading the Swash forums again I see Crimson. rofl
and 90% of the combat discussion on a certain off-site forum...there are seriously 5 or 6 threads of 10 or more pages about how people think that amazing reflexes is the most overpowered godlike ability every contrived. makes me sick.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:26 AM   #16
The-Fourm-Pirate

Lord

Where was it stated that AR was getting the axe? Not calling you a liar, just interested. I'll be [Removed for Content] off for sure if they change it to a proc without giving us somthing SIGNIFIGANT in return. I'm talking a skill to replace AR which will become useless if this happens.

Even with AR as it is I don't see Brigands as overpowered, we can't AE or Ranged DPS worth [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and we're the most highly dependant class on the buffs of others, our only buffs are AR, stances (don't really do much other than the proc which the other DPS scouts get too) and +120 some STR/+500 some mitigation. If they give us about 30-40% DPS mod (in the new system you need higher percentages to get the same benefit) on our buff i'd be ok with it. But frankly the way EQ2 has been shaping up I think an AR nerf this bad without any compensation would be the last straw for me. Making it a 30 sec activatable every minute or so would be ok, but it being a proc below 25% would destroy the skill.

Message Edited by The-Fourm-Pirate on 10-20-2006 03:50 PM

Bossk: 70 Inquisitor
The-Fourm-Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #17
Dragonslayer810

Loremaster

Magus_Blue wrote:
It's just a slap in the face.

~5% proc, and will last for X number of seconds. 

Prismatic 3 has a better chance to proc aoe immunity...that is sad.
"You look like a harpy, and you smell like one too!!!"--ah those cyclops always make me laugh!
Dragonslayer810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:43 AM   #18
Rokjin

Loremaster

If it's 5% every 15 seconds, as someone asked me to do the math in a PM.. I worked it out to be on average aoe immune for 15 of every 25 seconds with 50% haste, a 2 delay weapon and WIS line.. IE: You only risk being hit by an AE during a 10 second period on average..

I'd still give up Hail of Steel for that any day... and I'd call that far from worthless. Not guaranteed, but still AOE immune a good 60% of the time. Add in CA spamming in there, and it jumps up to pretty much 100% aoe immunity again, since you'd be aoe immune for 15 of every 13 seconds..

Rokjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
Magus_Bl

Really I'm over it already.  Like Vallix, I'll be happy to be off the radar afterwards.

It's such a convenient skill, but will make do with whatever they come out with.  Maybe we'll get the ninja bunny dumbfire pets I've been asking for for so long.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #20
Thepiper

Loremaster

Ill not be buying the new expantion, ill be waiting to hear how harsh the nerfing is first.  If its to harsh ill be quiting and im sure many other people will be also, im not paying anything just to find out that ill be playing a crap class.
Thepiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #21
FuzzBall

Loremaster

Yet another award goes to SoE for thinking this one out long and hard, weighting up all the issues and making an educated decision.... Oh sh*t, sorry, thats not SoE, they dont do that.Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf.... Oh joy, you know one day guys, they MIGHT actually not sit around a table and might not discuss "now guys,who can we screw up this patch?  Who should we nerf the hell out of today?!"

Message Edited by FuzzBall on 10-22-2006 01:24 PM

Old 10-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
FuzzBall

Loremaster

Jeffmaster wrote:

I mean everyone is crying...but there is NDA so we are not sure of anything..so why panic now?

Is there some proof that it is getting changed?

thank god there is a NDA, that must mean that this couldnt possibily be true.  I mean, who would ever think about circulating rumour when on beta, that couldnt be real.

Message Edited by FuzzBall on 10-22-2006 01:23 PM

Old 10-23-2006, 12:14 AM   #23
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Crimson Dragon wrote:

and 90% of the combat discussion on a certain off-site forum...

What forum is that? Please, someone PM me if for some reason you can't link the forums on this board.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
FuzzBall

Loremaster

Cannibas wrote:

Crimson Dragon wrote:

and 90% of the combat discussion on a certain off-site forum...

What forum is that? Please, someone PM me if for some reason you can't link the forums on this board.
same - [email protected] - no tracking on it, please feel free to mail me it as well.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:40 AM   #25
Vampyr

General

It's http://www.eq2flames.com/index.php  !!!
Vampyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #26
Timesquare

Loremaster

oh , great jeez , thanks SOE
now that i know qeynos cutless finally is useful
Timesquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:31 AM   #27
MAYHEMMAYH

Well I for one am not worried about this at all..... If SoE sees fit to nerf Brigands to the point of being useless ( which they will be without AR on raids) I just won't play or pay for this game anymore.../shrug....I've played 3 different classes to lvl 70 over the past 2 yrs and have seen all of them beat to hell with the "nerf bat"......I'll never understand why SoE goes out of their way to ruin a game thats supposed to fun to play..../cheers SoE
MAYHEMMAYH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #28
LlewCadey

i played a warlock to cap (50) then SOE nerfed them in LU13, played a brig to cap (70) and now SOE will nerf themhow many warlocks do you see in raids now days?cant wait for the fallout of the brigand nerf
Old 10-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #29
Crimson Dragon

Loremaster

yeah, i'm pretty excited.:smileyhappy:
Old 10-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #30
Lyasa

Loremaster

o yahhhh. can't wait for the changes.... bring 'em on... /sarcasm off anyway it happens, i suppose i'll live with it.
Lyasa is offline   Reply With Quote