EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
N2de

General

Conjuror changes: - Stoneskin now has no power cost, a 5 minute reuse timer instead of 15, and fires a point blank AoE hate decrease. w00t!
N2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Daeloq

Loremaster

I really would like clarification whether or not it still absorbs 3 hits.  I assume it does, since the notes didn't mention any such change, but sometimes things get left out in the interest of brevity.   Can anyone test and confirm?
Daeloq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Mouadieb

Loremaster

i would also like to know if it now hits out of encounter becasue that would really suck IMO.
Mouadieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Tro

General

Mouadieb wrote:i would also like to know if it now hits out of encounter becasue that would really suck IMO.

Wow never thought of that.. It says "Point Blank AE".. doesn't that imply "Any" NPC in the area? and if so then will a hate decrease spell make the mobs a little upset with me? I mean it isnt like it is an attack AE..

Just curious..

and yea does it still absorb 3 attacks?

Message Edited by Trook on 03-23-200609:35 AM

Tro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
Petgroup

Loremaster

Conjuror changes:- Stoneskin now has no power cost, a 5 minute reuse timer instead of 15, and fires a point blank AoE hate decrease.Still absorbs 3 hits but heres the nerf....... it doesnt last 3 minutes anymore, it lasts 30 secs.I'll love the 5 minute recast, it will save my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] 3x as much but they really have to post the silent change to the spells.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
Banditman

Loremaster

Surely you jest.A blue AE Hate Reducer would be like a wet dream for a Conjuror.This change will move Stoneskin from a tertiary bar to a primary hotkey bar on my UI.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
Petgroup

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:Surely you jest.A blue AE Hate Reducer would be like a wet dream for a Conjuror.This change will move Stoneskin from a tertiary bar to a primary hotkey bar on my UI.

Mines right next to sprint/call for help.Stoneskin has saved me so many times. I'll take the 30sec nerf to have it be aoe hate reduce and 5min recast with a great big smile.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:29 PM   #8
Blitzrain

Loremaster

I don't mind the 30 sec thing either.  Usually if this is used, its cause I need it RIGHT NOW.  After 30 seconds the bad situation is usually over (for better or worse).  Well worth the change in recast time IMO...to say nothing about the hate reducer.
Blitzrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:50 AM   #9
Ganlu

General

But if something isn't actually engaged on you, and you use this, will you aggro it? I remember a Templar friend using one of his AE deaggros in a room in DFC, and brought everything down on us!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:43 AM   #10
Banditman

Loremaster

Ah, so you mean you will have to be careful?  Situationally aware?  Observant?You are a Conjuror.  If you don't know how to do this already from using your unlocked AE you need to learn.This is a HUGE upgrade for those "Woops!" situations.  Not only do I get to take three hits, I also get to reduce my hate?  Good luck killing me if my tank is half competent.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #11
Janl

Loremaster

Tested it, and yes, if you cast Stoneskin near something that isn't engaged with you, it will cause it to aggro.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 AM   #12
Ganlu

General

Banditman wrote:Ah, so you mean you will have to be careful?  Situationally aware?  Observant?You are a Conjuror.  If you don't know how to do this already from using your unlocked AE you need to learn.

Was this directed at me?  I never said I had a problem with it, was just asking if that's how it would function or not, as I won't be able to play today and was curious.I agree though, very nice upgrade!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:10 AM   #13
Daeloq

Loremaster

Janl wrote:Tested it, and yes, if you cast Stoneskin near something that isn't engaged with you, it will cause it to aggro.

The rest of the changes to this spell rock, but this one has the potential to create some "out of the frying pan..." scenarios.  You take aggro on that angry heroic mob, frantically get off Stoneskin while watching your health plummet, not aware that there was a non-social encounter right behind you, hehe...

All in all, I welcome the change.  5 min recast is a great tradeoff for 30 sec duration.  As someone else said, I use it because I need it *right now*.  Now I can overburn more often and get away with it!

Old 03-24-2006, 04:00 AM   #14
Reiano

Loremaster

Well I don’t like the change I raid a lot and the way I use stone skin is.  Against mobs that hate wipe I usually time it so stone skin  is up during the wipes what this does it protects me and makes it real easy for the mt to get agro back. And look what necros get there fd is every 5 mins now instead of 15 good for them but this is worthless now I don’t see how you guys can like this change unless im missing something it stinks. I still need to test it but this doesn’t sound good.

Reiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:14 AM   #15
Elemen

General

Today I had it absorb 4 attacks.  I'll keep an eye out to see if there are any more or less later this evening.
Elemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:29 AM   #16
Daeloq

Loremaster

Reiano wrote:

Well I don’t like the change I raid a lot and the way I use stone skin is.  Against mobs that hate wipe I usually time it so stone skin  is up during the wipes what this does it protects me and makes it real easy for the mt to get agro back. And look what necros get there fd is every 5 mins now instead of 15 good for them but this is worthless now I don’t see how you guys can like this change unless im missing something it stinks. I still need to test it but this doesn’t sound good.

The only issue I see for you is that you need to time it a little more closely now for those specific raid events - it will still work if it's up when the AoE goes off.  Minor drawback that can be met with a little more focus on timing.

It looks to be a better spell overall in almost all other cases.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:21 AM   #17
Beldin_

Loremaster

nikecmh42 wrote:Conjuror changes:- Stoneskin now has no power cost, a 5 minute reuse timer instead of 15, and fires a point blank AoE hate decrease.Still absorbs 3 hits but heres the nerf....... it doesnt last 3 minutes anymore, it lasts 30 secs.

I also have no problems with that ... if the MT hasn't got aggro back in 30 seconds your normally dead because you've got more then 3 hits in that time SMILEY

However .. i really hate open AoEs :smileyindifferent:

Old 03-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #18
bcc123000

Loremaster

It's no longer limited to encounter-only???

That sucks.. what's the point of de-aggro, if you're going to pick up new aggro... grrr!

bcc123000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #19
Reiano

Loremaster

I tested it on a gaurd in s quenos it agroed him I zoned into n quenos and for some reason it agroed the gaurd when I zoned. We had 700 to 900 X 3 hate reduction and the benifit of it being up for 3 mins about most raid encounters time now we get 900 hate reduction only once.:smileysad:
Reiano is offline   Reply With Quote