EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Qanyena

Loremaster

For weeks I kept experiencing crashes during loading of other programs, switching characters or simply zoning. Each time I crashed it was in module xul.dll at a random address. I looked in the eq2 folder and found xul.dll with a date of 2007 and then did a search on the internet and found Firefox and Mozilla.org had updated this file in 2010 so I ask why this file hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years? Its not compatible with Windows 7 and causes many crashes. Since updating the one in the eq2 root folder which by the way doesn't ever get checked by the patcher as the one I have should of flagged as not being the same and got redownloaded.

SoE please consider whether you are using the most up to date dll's when doing patches. This could solve a lot of issues.

Qanyena is offline   Reply With Quote