EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Brigand
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #31
Ildarus

Loremaster

Fenrihr wrote:
o yahhhh. can't wait for the changes.... bring 'em on...

/sarcasm off

anyway it happens, i suppose i'll live with it.

I am not happy about this rumored change, but I am not going to let it ruin the game. AR has spoiled some of the Brigands because most other melee classes have to joust to get their max DPS. Both Swashies and Assassins have to be within melee range to get their best DPS and have to joust AOE's to do so. We will survive. I do think, and I am hoping they give us something else to compensate us for our DPS loss. Because I do know that the only reason we get some of the DPS we got is because of our immunity.

Serpaw-Level 74 Berserker

Simbarth-Level 22 Shadowknight/76 Alchemist
Ildarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #32
Rokjin

Loremaster

LlewCadeyrn wrote:
i played a warlock to cap (50) then SOE nerfed them in LU13, played a brig to cap (70) and now SOE will nerf them

how many warlocks do you see in raids now days?

cant wait for the fallout of the brigand nerf

Lies! You played a Swashbuckler, then betrayed you traitorous bastage!
Rokjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #33
urgl

Loremaster

There are _the_ healers, _the_ tanks and _the_ DPS-classes. There are monks/bruisers/pet-classes who are _the_ pulling/solo classes. Why shouldn't the brigand be and stay _the_ raiding class? That's why _I_ chose this class.I can't see where a Brigand is too UBER that he DESERVES a nerf. It's hard to find the correct mob and then the mob's back when you are inside a crowd of mobs and raiders, swarm-pets and spell effects.While 'AoE immune if not targeted directly' i still have to work very hard by clicking LOTs of buttons every night and run back and forth and around like mad just to get off my positional Combat Arts from front/back/side/hidden. And what for? I can achieve like 60-70% of our swashie's DPS (which is for most part nice and lazy ae-autoattack SMILEY ) and I am close to getting aggro every second fight.---Of course our MT group setup is optimal for tank aggro, of course i have AR as well as most other CAs at M1, of course i am nearly fully fabled with a 84DR 1hander and STR/WIS optimized.Still, if i went nuts to create max-damage-peaks after dispatching (and that's the brigand's way to 'optimize DPS'), i can kill myself as well as any amends-giving pally for sure.
urgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #34
mikemcmodmi

Beg your coercer for a hate reduction buff.  Aggro problem solved and you can go max dps.
mikemcmodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #35
lik

General

Right now AR is 100% immunity.. change it to 80%... you only take 20% damage. and if you are not fully healed or cured by the time the next ae goes off. You get 60% immunity.  etc.....         you will have to atleast work for immunity that way.
lik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 AM   #36
Antryg Mistrose

Loremaster

Current Brigand:
  • Can get to a spot next to the mob and stay there the entire fight
  • Has no need to raise WIS whatsoever
  • Has 7 slots (right hand side) to dedicate to best dps/str/agi ....
Yes, that ONE spell was completely overpowered. You are still an essential raid class (more for debuffs now than dps), but now are a bit harder to play

Jeweler/Sage/Alchemist/Prov

Antryg Mistrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:31 AM   #37
Leie

Loremaster

Current Caster (mage)

1) Can get a position at max range and stay there the entire fight

2) Has no need for Str, Sta, physical mitigation

3) Has 14 (or whatever slots) to increase their Int, Power, FT, resists

...and your point is?

Leie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #38
Myrcul

Antryg Mistrose wrote:
Current Brigand:

• Can get to a spot next to the mob and stay there the entire fight
  • Has no need to raise WIS whatsoever
  • Has 7 slots (right hand side) to dedicate to best dps/str/agi ....

Yes, that ONE spell was completely overpowered. You are still an essential raid class (more for debuffs now than dps), but now are a bit harder to play

To borrow a line from a board troll elsewhere...

Your a [Removed for Content].

You really have no clue, good to see you have a Brigand in your sig to demonstrate this for us all and more easily dismiss your comments.

Myrcul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:03 AM   #39
Antryg Mistrose

Loremaster

I bow to your incredibly well thought out and detailed response - Welcome to jousting suckers

Jeweler/Sage/Alchemist/Prov

Antryg Mistrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:26 AM   #40
Rommie10-284

Tester

The NDA is officially down - and the Beta Brigands can now tell you just how much the AR change hurts. Buy yourselves some Great Spears and enjoy the fun of Jousting!

Avatars are people too. || Member of Vengeance [Test]
Tamari - 80 Guardian/80 Woodworker || Tyena - 80 Templar/80 Provisioner
Tenira - 82 Coercer || Aliplozz - 74 Swashbuckler

Rommie10-284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #41
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

Ok i was a Ranger when the ranger nerf came in.

I know what it is have a class changed..

But seriously ..cry me a river.

The spell was too good.

any spell that would allow you to save the 20+ plat required to get resist gear to match its effect is too much.

Imaginime time others have spent harvesting moonstones to make resist gear to survive raid content.

Cash spent to get it made

the sacrifice of stats when wearing resist gear .

If brigs had to make a choice when they got AR like Heat/Cold immunity only or Poison/Disease

or if the spell had a 20 second duration with a 35 second recast time to incorperate some skill into it's use

perhaps it would have been fine ..but a spell offering cold heat disease poison divine mental piercing crushing slashing stiffle stun immunity ...(if not attacked directly) sry its too good.

Others sacrifice stat gear to wear resist gear for certain mobs.

Others couldnt buy horses/masters cause they spent cash on rares to make resist gear.

Welcome to the club of people wo are not immune to 50% of the dammage in the game.

Suck it up

You can still get the effect ..you will need to pay attention ..to when it procs..start timing aoe's ..get resist gear ..

join the rest of us ..who dont stand next to the most deadly mobs in the game spamming buttons with immunity.

Message Edited by KannaWhoopass on 11-07-2006 11:25 AM

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 AM   #42
Lyasa

Loremaster

if it was timable i prolbably wouldn't complain nearly as much. maybe a 5s duration on a 30s timer. allows us to be immune 1/6 of the time. instead of a totally random proc. i've seen it proc 3 times in a row at the very end of a fight, and go 5 fights w/o ever procing..  so TIMING stuff is out of the question.
Lyasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #43
Leie

Loremaster

AR is useless in solo play style

AR is useless in group play style

AR was useful on raids. Raids consist of 12-24 ppl, it's a group effort - whatever abilities are used are meant for success of the group and not 1 person in particular. How does the fact that a brigand is immune to AoE is bad for anyone else on a raid?

Leie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:53 AM   #44
jarnpraetor

Loremaster

Rokjin wrote:

If it's 5% every 15 seconds, as someone asked me to do the math in a PM.. I worked it out to be on average aoe immune for 15 of every 25 seconds with 50% haste, a 2 delay weapon and WIS line.. IE: You only risk being hit by an AE during a 10 second period on average..

I'd still give up Hail of Steel for that any day... and I'd call that far from worthless. Not guaranteed, but still AOE immune a good 60% of the time. Add in CA spamming in there, and it jumps up to pretty much 100% aoe immunity again, since you'd be aoe immune for 15 of every 13 seconds..

You're missing a vital part of the change. AR ONLY procs off CA's, not any form of auto attack. The spell says it has a 15% chance of proc'ing off a CA, but this is not the case. It modifies the proc % base on CA casting time. So on a 0.5 second casting time CA you have a 2.5% proc chance. Currently things aren't proc'ing at the rate people expect, so that 2.5% chance to proc will seem more like 1%. So you MIGHT get 15 seconds of immunity every 3 to 4 minutes of fighting, I've gone much longer without it proc'ing. Haste and weapon delay do not matter because it only calculates CA casting time for it's proc rate.

Message Edited by jarnpraetor on 11-07-2006 02:55 PM

Old 11-08-2006, 04:19 AM   #45
Jida

Fansite Staff

Sailwind FTW.yeah.. i said it.. if you got anything that modifies your combat art cast /recast timers.. your gonna have to min/max them to get the full effect of AR.I envision my raids will be like this.Stay outta AE till it goes off, Trying to proc AR from our flashy throw, once ae goes off.. unload everything until AR procs.. then stop casting ... once AR gets to 7 seconds.. unload everything trying to get it to proc again.. once it get to 2 seconds.. run outrepeat =(
Old 11-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #46
yac

Leie wrote:

AR is useless in solo play style

AR is useless in group play style

AR was useful on raids. Raids consist of 12-24 ppl, it's a group effort - whatever abilities are used are meant for success of the group and not 1 person in particular. How does the fact that a brigand is immune to AoE is bad for anyone else on a raid?

Because anything that makes a class unique has to be nerfed.   This is the thing about this game that keeps me wondering sometimes why I continue to play it.  The SECOND a class gets a unique ability, other classes start rolling into the class boards hating on it and complaining until it gets nerfed to the point of uselessness.

Happened with Bards, Happened with Enchanters, Happened with Guards when Bruisers/Monks complained, Happened with Wizards, Happened with Rangers, etc......AR IS NOT a game breaking feature.  Like Leie said, it's totally useless in every other game play facet save for raids....and even then, you have to pay attention to not draw hate away from the MT during the fight.From someone who plays multiple classes across the board, I'm not here to hate on one class.  If there is something wrong with a class, I'd rather discuss how to improve it instead of calling for a nerf to every other class across the board.  Then again, that seems to be the order of the day around here.Mopin - 70 BrigandBarbarus - 70 BerzerkerAurias - 69 TemplarMajeh - 57 Wizard
yac is offline   Reply With Quote