EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Florebo

"Vicious Feast
An impairment placed on the target, that heals the fury's group over a period of time and increases the group's strength and stamina when that target dies."
I am a new Eq2 player and I'm about a half level from 29 and the above spell.  I had a couple questions regarding this spell.

Does the healing occur after the mobs death or just the str and sta boost?

I have only had the opportunity to group with a full group once so far and the Guardian did a great job of keeping aggro.  I only had to heal him so I still haven't really used my group heals yet.

Do you get aggro only from hit points healed?  What i mean is if I cast a group heal and I have full health, do mobs still see it as me healing myself and react as such?

This seems like a pretty cool spell but I don't want to get it, use it, and wipe a group due to over-aggro all b/c of my ignorance over the mechanics of it. 

Thanks for any help! 

Florebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
munos

Loremaster

i love this spell and i use it constantly. As long as I dont have to go like crazy on the chain heals. I haven't noticed any agro from the spell. I use it to make small heals to the group esp for those who might have suffered some small damage in the fight. Great in group encounters.
munos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
Meeker

Floreborn wrote:
"Vicious Feast
An impairment placed on the target, that heals the fury's group over a period of time and increases the group's strength and stamina when that target dies."
I am a new Eq2 player and I'm about a half level from 29 and the above spell.  I had a couple questions regarding this spell.

Does the healing occur after the mobs death or just the str and sta boost?
The healing happens after the mob you cast the spell on dies. At level 53, regularly grouping with a Templar i only have to use this spell in heroic group fights. I generally cast it on mob 2 or 3 to give the main healer some breathing room

I have only had the opportunity to group with a full group once so far and the Guardian did a great job of keeping aggro.  I only had to heal him so I still haven't really used my group heals yet.

Do you get aggro only from hit points healed?  What i mean is if I cast a group heal and I have full health, do mobs still see it as me healing myself and react as such?
I do believe that you gain some aggro from casting the spell even if it doesn't heal anything, but, if you're careful, it won't be enough to matter much. My group is still in the process of testing this.

This seems like a pretty cool spell but I don't want to get it, use it, and wipe a group due to over-aggro all b/c of my ignorance over the mechanics of it. 

Thanks for any help! 

Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
Headhuntre

Loremaster

The agro this spell generates is minimal, if non existant.The beauty of this spell is twofold: It heals the group upon the death of the mob, and gives a significant str buff. I use this in single groups when we pull multi mobs. Cast on first mob it will add healing (a3, I think is 109 or so) and gives the str buff for more melee damage while the group finishes the rest. If sony would allow this to be used in raids where you are not in MT group..I would love it.
Headhuntre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:46 AM   #5
SpritRaja

Loremaster

I have been in MT group and it still doesnt seem to work on raids. This might go back to when it only buffed/healed the player that landed the killing shot. Now it might be only healing/buffing the player's group that landed the killing shot.

Forgot to check my parse on that last time I used it in the raid though.

SpritRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
enrique_to

I recognize I do not use it. I'm more focused on nuking and healing. The heals and buff happens when the mob with this spell is death. It's a good spell versus weak grouped oponent. Cause well casted It will heal tank at the first kill (it uses to be the most needed moment) and will give an important buff to the group in a good moment.

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
StixxliteAZ

Loremaster

I use this all the time. When attacking groups, I'll use on the First and sometime second mob. I do raid alot and Have see it proc once the Epics are died, just not as often.
StixxliteAZ is offline   Reply With Quote