EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
Joe7f

Apprentice

Howdy, was looking for some info on the patcher.I just bought/ installed the EQ2 box set (3dvds) which was all the expansions including ROK.Now im at this patcher and its saying 32 hours to patch and yes it is going god awful slow.... My internet speed is actually fairly fast and I have all my firewalls and autoscans turned off to see if this helped and it didnt.Does this download time see very very long? or is there like 10 gigs for me to download.Thanks.
Joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:56 AM   #2
Besual

Loremaster

You could stop the patcher and re-run it. The patcher will resume with the same file where you stop it. Sometimes this will speed up things.But don't be afraid. Only this time the patcher will download that much. The next patches will be much smaller and are usually done in 1-10min (depending on size).
Brigant 90 / Alchemist 90
Coercer 90 / Sage 90
Besual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
TSR-DanT

Customer Service

It's not uncommon for the patcher to have a HUGE remaining time that will often come down to a sensible level shortly.  It's also not uncommon for the timer to be completely wrong.  Expect about an hour of patching time after the new install of RoK.  Lots of patches have been put forth since the release.Make sure you are not running any programs on your windows taskbar. If the problem persists, you should try running your system under a clean boot as this will prevent any hidden programs from loading.To disable background programs:1. Select the START button.2. Select RUN, then type in "msconfig" (for Vista, type msconfig in the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu)3. Press OK4. Select the STARTUP tab.5. In the list, uncheck all boxes EXCEPT for SCANREGISTRY and SYSTEM TRAY. If you use Windows XP, please note that SCANREGISTRY and SYSTEM TRAY will not be listed - just uncheck the entire list.6. Hit apply and then OK. Restart the computer and try the game again.If you are still experiencing the same issue, please reply back. 
TSR-DanT is offline   Reply With Quote