EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
Tir

General

Hi,I have installed eq2 from digital download.Everytime i start the game up via launcher window it takes about 6-7 minutes "analyzing" and when it gets to 100% it hangs there for at least more then an hour, updating button still greyed out.(the file this happens on is expo4_dunn_chelsith.dss)When i wait for over an hour the outgreyed "updating" button changes again to the pushable update button while it says at the two bars just above "update complete" .Finaly after  20 min or so it changes  to the "play button" but when i push it i get a message that the launcher is still updating certain files. If i wait about 20 minutes longer i dont get the message anymore that it is still updating but and it seems that its gonna start up but it just freezes!Now when i start the game WITHOUT launcher , so with everquest 2.exe instead of EQ2.exe it starts up fine in a few seconds and works with no problems at all. (so it should mean that it isnt updating anymore if i can play no?)From one side this is a good thing because i avoid that analyze files thing with everquest2.exe,  but if im gonna have to have this  every update its a pain in the *ss.Im not behind a router, no norton or zonealarms, no windows firewall, not wireless and im on a intel 2.4 6600, geforce 8800gtx, 2 gig ddr3 ram, pb5 deluxe mb, and all latest drivers for hardware. and have cable with a 2.5Mb/ download.And i use wind xp with latest service packs and updates!I play/test a LOT of games (i run a game store) and i have no problems at all with other single or multiplay/mmo games.Im running games like wow, crysis, cod4, beta conan and War etc.... in high details and with no latency  problems at all.I searched the forums already and found few threads that look the same as my problem but no fixes , anyone any idea?Last time i played was few months ago when i dowloaded previous expansion, had no problems then and dont recall that i ever had to wait longer then few minutes to analyze files and get into the game.UPDATE: Just tried again and after about 70 minutes of analyzing files en almost freeze like progress of the launcher i get to push play button, and then i get an eq2 mesage window that says "ERROR problem with accessing your account", try again later.I dont get it anymore, again if i start up eq2 without the launcher a minute later, i have no problems at all getting online.So i dont get it were the message comes form that tehre is problem accesing my account.I tried the new beta launcher and i got the same problem then!Thnx in advance
Tir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Tir

General

Anyone recalling same problems and got any idea how to fix this launcher thingie?Thnks
Old 01-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #3
Tir

General

I sended an email and got response (not automated one) in under 24 hours!!!!!But what an answer:"Greetings,It seems that your Launch pad is corrupted .I suggest you to delete the Launch Pad shortcut and use eq2.exe to login in to the game.If you have any further concerns/issues please feel free to contact us again.Thank you and have a good day.Regards"Im very glad that i get a response this fast but what the heck??So what happens with next patch??Or does the game update without launcher also??If not this is the lamest respons ever, its like politics then , closing your eyes when problems occur and take al [Removed for Content] afterwards SMILEY