EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Valyr

General

I installed eq2 on my new Dell insprion 530 desktop. i have a 54mps wireless usb card on it to attach to my 54mps router. everytime i log in the launcher scans the files then starts to update but then it says "download cancelled" and that seems to be that. I have vista install, and each time i get a window message that says ip.plugin.exe has stopped workingany thoughts?Val,
Valyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Valyrin wrote:
I installed eq2 on my new Dell insprion 530 desktop. i have a 54mps wireless usb card on it to attach to my 54mps router. everytime i log in the launcher scans the files then starts to update but then it says "download cancelled" and that seems to be that. I have vista install, and each time i get a window message that says ip.plugin.exe has stopped workingany thoughts?Val,
try running the launchpad as an administrator..
Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Vellandra

Loremaster

ArivenGemini wrote:
Valyrin wrote:
try running the launchpad as an administrator..

Yes, try that.  You could also try disabling UAC, some people have said that helps.  You can also read through the sticky at the top - called something like "vista help" or something.

However, there are a number of us having the exact same problem at the moment, and we've tried everything we can think of.  If the above ideas don't help you, then I'm afraid you're stuck waiting for Sony to come up with a bright idea SMILEY