EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
elitesniper22

Lord

Is anyone else having problems with the launchpad? I bought the game today at the store and it installed fine, and everything was going smooth until the launch pad. It scans all of the files and starts the download as usual. One it gets to 50% it stops and says download canceled. Any one experience or know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.ThanksSMILEY
elitesniper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Scotia_The_Great

Loremaster

yeah, I'm getting that too.  I have not purchased the expansion.  Just trying to download all the other stuff they added it seems.

I am just restarting the process each time, figure I will get it all eventually and see how far I can get after that.

Scotia_The_Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
brynne

Champion

My boyfriend and I have been having the same problem for several hours now.  It's actually [Removed for Content] me off to the point where I might just say screw it and quit SOE for good.  We can't even get into the game because it keeps "updating" and never finishes!!!!!  What a waste of money this expansion was!!!! 
brynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
parrotpholk

Loremaster

Amen Brynne Amen
parrotpholk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #5
RingleToo

Loremaster

Yep, also having problems. Last night, after nearly an hour, it got almost to the end and then cancelled. Tonight, it's going unbelievably slow. It started out showing 1hr 30 min for time remaining. Now time remaining is up to 2hr 50 min and steadily increasing. I'm fully expecting to see "cancelled" just before it's finished. 
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
FieroDude

Loremaster

I was having the same problems.My solution... Close and restart the launcher.I went from 3 hours to 50 minutes, then the patch stopped. Started it again and 1.5 hours then stopped around 45 again. Did this three times...Then, closed the launcher and restarted it and it started at 11 min and I'm sitting pretty at 6 min to go.Good luck.
FieroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
Asp9873

Loremaster

currently patching and its crawling on Voiceover_exp04.vpak showing nearly 8 hours and climbing, but hey, what the heck, I'm a lifer anyways. interesting note: went to Kylong plains , screen was black, waited until the ship left for Ant again and when i respawned in Ant and i was about a hundred fifty feet or so above the boat and I thought... oh {you know}, this is gonna hurt... DO NOT WANT!!!!!
Asp9873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 AM   #8
MyleeSilverwings

Loremaster

I am having the exact same problem - trying to complete the digital download.  I stop and restart the launcher, it starts downloading files again, and then say update complete, but it's not.  I notice that each time this happens it seems to download the same .vpk files over and over again.Very very frustrated!
MyleeSilverwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #9
Asp9873

Loremaster

now its starting to count back down, went from 11:54 to 10:26 lol. shouldnt we already have most of the needed .vpaks though?

Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 AM   #10
Strelok7

Loremaster

I got same thing, and if that make u feel any better - Soe had problems like this before with other expantion - all u need to do is to refresh your download timers - but then it helps only if they fix it on their end cause sometimes it's not up to us or our connection, i understand you are all very fastreted now, i am too - but i am sure soon they will help to establish good service in launchpad - there are also tons of people trying to DL in same time that might effect too.

peace to allSMILEY

Focusblade

Strelok7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 AM   #11
Asp9873

Loremaster

hehe im not even annoyed by it cause I know when its all said and done I WILL be playing the goodness that is Rise of Kunark SMILEY
Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 AM   #12
funkmasterflex

Loremaster

vpak is ruining it for me too. day three and still no headway in the downloading.  its not my computer or connection.  im sure i'll get it eventually, just a downer that there's a bunch of folks paying their subs and havent had access for 3 days which is like 10% of the month. plus the 39 bucks spent on the expansion.  it sucks when things dont work how they're supposed to
funkmasterflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 AM   #13
Asp9873

Loremaster

ok 2:27 am ...still patching... got to where it said complete but still had the grey bar... clicked download...rinse & repeat... now doing full file scan and back to more .vpk d/l's lol

Old 11-15-2007, 04:33 AM   #14
Thanatos06

Loremaster

This is getting pretty annoying now, we should have some sort of time refund. I bought the discs so I didn't have to download the whole game, yet I'm downloading every file. And the best part is I have to sit here watching it because it keeps completing at half a blue bar.
Thanatos06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #15
Asp9873

Loremaster

hehe I feel your pain, however i may take a more drastic measure and wait a week till the get the problem sorted out(if they can) but i think in the meanwhile i'll go run some multi on CoD4 SMILEY
Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #16
PsiaMeese

Loremaster

I'm having similar experiences over the voicepak files.  The launchpad scans and insists all manner or files are not there.  It patches and cancels itself.  Although I installed the game from the DVD set.  I can open up my game folder and find the files already. So I'm not certain why the launchpad assumes these items are not there? At any rate, done as much as I can tonight. SMILEY  I will see what is discovered after work tomorrow...
PsiaMeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #17
Orionv

General

Yeah I'm playing Eternal Sonata on the XBOX 360 while I wait, and it will surely "tide me over" until they get the patcher fixed. BTW, if anyone is looking for a fun RPG similar to Final Fantasy, you definitely have to check out Eternal Sonata (XBOX 360/PS3). I've almost finished the game (you can play through it multiple times like the "New Game+" mode with Final Fantasy), and it's pretty good. The combat is what I enjoy the most (finishing moves), but the cutscenese are pretty long and seem to be speaking to a younger audience (that needs every detail spelled out for them). If anyone watches XPLAY on G4, you can understand their lesser review of this game because of the cutscenese. Personally I think the game looks so good, and the voiceovers are so enjoyable, I don't mind it. And you CAN skip the cutscenese if you want to (something XPLAY didn't bother to point out). Anyway sorry for the tangent. I am experiencing the same download problem. Let me ask this, is everyone getting the same file to download when they restart the patcher? -- Char_monsters3.vpk ? I've tried restarting the patcher each time a file is downloaded as someone suggested, but it just jumps back to Char_monsters3.vpk and begins to downloading the subsequent .vpk's all over again: FxPartGeo.vpk Char_exp04_drachnid.vpk SndGlblExpo4.vpk Char_exp04_sokokar.vpk Etc. No other files being downloaded it seems other than voice packs.
Orionv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 AM   #18
Asp9873

Loremaster

yeah everyone seems to be stuck on the .vpk files .

Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #19
Strelok7

Loremaster

yep, it's already second day like i am that patch and worse part about it that i need to keep watching it 44min left after all that suffering i had to do ------- but again i am not there yet.

Focusblade

Strelok7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #20
Ariaya

Tester

I used to have a lot of trouble with downloading due to having my virus/spyware scanner running ... I don't know if that's your problem but it might be worth a try?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #21
Badera

Loremaster

I havnt been able to play since Monday night. Its Thursday now. I agree there should be some sort of compensation. I have been waiting for this expansion for quite a while and as the excitment rises the day of the release I am let down by this updating issue. Not being able to even get into the game is the worst!
lvl 64 Wizard
of Crushbone
Senchus Mor
Badera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #22
Sadewyn
Server: Befallen
Guild: Twilight Rising

Loremaster

FYI - at least for those this may help. When the launchpad hangs up (says dowload complete when the status bar does not show complete and Play button is not activated) I found that clicking on the Adventure Pack button and/or Expansion Pack button on the launchpad and then closing the pop-up window reinitialized Launchpad to keep downloading. Hope this helps. Beats closing launchpad and re-opening it.
Sadewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #23
Irelia

Lorekeeper

I've had the same issues, I'm been fiddling with this thing for the past 24 hours now. I got it up to where it didn't have more than an hour to update, but kept doing the update complete when it wasn't thing. Just took someones advise on instead of relaunching when this happened, clicked adventure pack and when close pop up it restarted on its own and it finally went to completion. I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasnt' a dream. Maybe sony just finally fixed it I don't know, but much luck to everyone.
Irelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #24
colvin

i get the problem that after less than a SECOND it stops and says download cancled!! what do i do?
colvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #25
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:
I'm having similar experiences over the voicepak files.  The launchpad scans and insists all manner or files are not there.  It patches and cancels itself.  Although I installed the game from the DVD set.  I can open up my game folder and find the files already. So I'm not certain why the launchpad assumes these items are not there? At any rate, done as much as I can tonight. SMILEY  I will see what is discovered after work tomorrow...

The game is updated regularly, the files on the cd are out of date and need to be borught current.

What would help in this is some information about the OS, machine, etc to try and diagnose the issues. did not see any machine specific information in any of the posts on this thread, this is critical.

For instance,

1. If you are running Vista, are you running the application as administrator - IE right click icon, run as administrator, or right click icon, select properties, the compatiblity, set to xp-sp2, click run as administrator

2. If you are trying to patch from the european servers, try switching to the US region on the EULA screen, patch then after it is done, close the client, restart and select the proper region

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #26
Zedura

Loremaster

You are having a security problem.  Something in Vista is not giving full permission to the program to access your computer.  This is what you need to do.Here's a solution that worked for me:Right click on the EQ2 shortcut.  Choose properties.Go to the security tab.Five Full Control permission to the user that is using the system right now.  It says something like ( - PC / ) .  Choose to give this full control.Click OK.Now you have given this program full permission to access the internet and to patch files as needed.
Zedura is offline   Reply With Quote