EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
Thundersostormhammer

Hi, Installed the game, Downloaded all the patches, Clicked Play all np, once the intro scene is over it tries to attempt to login, All i get is 'trying to login to server #1,2,3,4,5, etc and it repeats, why is this happening. Im logging in from Australia. Bought an Australian copy from EB. Tried to login to 'English EU' server and 'English US' server. No luck, Any ideas? All other connections I have had no problem with patches and username password etc, but once it goes to a server no go. I checked the servers and they are all up.
Thundersostormhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
Josgar

Loremaster

Do you have a firewall blocking it maybe?Are you on vista?Could your router be blocking it?
Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:46 AM   #3
Thundersostormhammer

I'm on XP. Im not an expert on this but I presume its either a firewall or the router. Ive been doing some searching on getting past the router problems but a lot of it seems really technical. I have Norton installed which I disabled, but I still have the same problem as I posted originally, thus why I think it may be my router. I will try to run my ethernet cable straight to my modem and bypass the router and see what happens. is there an easy way to configure the router to allow Everquest II to function? The router is a Belkin 4 port router. Is this a common problem with trying to login?
Old 01-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
Thundersostormhammer

I just installed a 2nd copy on my sons computer, and uses the same modem and router as I do and he logged in. so its seems the connection is fine, why did my computer not login and his did?