EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #31
Paddyo

Loremaster

Not saying everyone else is wrong, but on my machines here, its everquest2.exe that bypasses the launcher, EQ2.exe fire the launchpad off.
Paddyo, #1 Halfling Templar on Antonia Bayle 90 Templar/90 Master Woodworker/450 Adorner/450 Tinkerer

Stuue Griffon90 warden/ 90 Master Tailor & 450 Tinkerer

Quasifrodo Jolie'Pitt 90 Brigand / 90 Master Alchemist

Wokker Hexes'Strangers 82 Necromancer /90 Provisioner

Feature Presentation 90 Troubador / 90 Armorer

Paddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #32
rrr67212

Loremaster

eq2.exe is the launcher. everquest2.exe is the game. Click on everquest2.exe & you should get in.
rrr67212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #33
Aishrod

Loremaster

You can use the actual station launcher to launch the game ( the one that is in beta atm- can be downloaded off of SOE, just search station launcher - in yahoo or google)

I could not launch EQ2 directly but once I used the station launcher it worked just fine.

Aishrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #34
QueenPriscilla

Loremaster

At least they seem to be aware of the issue (despite the usual lack of any information from SoE) ...

Found this on the PotBS website ...

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news...rticle_id=10567

Our launch is delayed until at least 10 a.m. Pacific time due to an issue with SOE's LaunchPad. Our friends at SOE are debugging an issue they discovered during final testing and they expect to have it resolved, tested, and live within the hour.

We're really sorry for this delay but are at least pleased that the issue was discovered internally before all of you hit it instead!

QueenPriscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #35
Normal1

Lord

I know a lot of people are suggesting to open the program with the actual application and bypassing the launcher but it won't work with people on the Euro servers. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into the EU servers yet? I tried through the beta launcher as well with no luck.
Normal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #36
spooonerism

Loremaster

Ha ha, found a cure for my problems-

Noticed that the  'MTU'  setting on my router had been re set.

This was odd as all I did was play EQ2 for a couple of hrs yesterday eve. When trying this morning all went belly up.

Once I changed them back all working properly again.

(However Splitpaw is now down)

spooonerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #37
Triagel

Loremaster

Normal1 wrote:
I know a lot of people are suggesting to open the program with the actual application and bypassing the launcher but it won't work with people on the Euro servers. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into the EU servers yet? I tried through the beta launcher as well with no luck.
Run a tracert to the servers, beleive this is a ISP problem, especially if you with AOL
Triagel is offline   Reply With Quote