EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Mateus_Thiago

Apprentice

Hello.My connection is shared between 3 computers by a router. I'm currently playing one account, but I'm thinking about making another one for my brothers. I don't know much about routers, but I think the IP detected upon connection with a server will be the same for all the computers sharing the connection, right? So will I have problems trying to connect more than 1 account with the same IP address?Thanks.
Mateus_Thiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #2
keLston

Scholar

Fairly certain you can. There are quite a few admitted multi-boxers around here and I, myself, have run 2 EQ2 clients on my one computer at the same time without any issues. I believe the only issue is that sharing your account would be against the rules.
keLston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
drnick

Loremaster

Yes you can- I do. (Both computers are connected to the same cable internet connection to my house through a router, so the router actually assigns them separate internal IP addresses).
drnick is offline   Reply With Quote