EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Elven-Warrior

I have a Netgear router and currently have 1 account. I am playing the game on a laptop. I also have a desktop computer and would like to install the game on it with another account so two of us can play the game at the same time.  The problem is I don't know how to configure the router so that both computers can play. When I set the router's port forwarding, I set up both computers to use the same ports as required by the game and the router says there is a port conflict and doesn't let me do it. Is there some way to configure the router so two can play at the same time?

Elven-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Wingrider01

Loremaster

see if the router can handle port triggering, this is generic, forwarding is specific to a single machine

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:41 AM   #3
drnick

Loremaster

I've played both EQ and EQ2 using two accounts, each on a separate computer but both connected through the same router to the internet. I've used both Netgear and Dlink routers without any problems, and I've never had to mess with port forwarding or port triggering. Try it without any port configuration- should work fine.
drnick is offline   Reply With Quote