EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Gollum The Great

Loremaster

I have had this game this it came out, and I haven't been able to play in the last 6 months due to connectivity issues with the game.. I have tried just about everything and I am finally at my wits end and I am getting [Removed for Content] off here.  I just bought the new expansion, formatted my computer and reset the modem/router to defaults.  Mind you I have had this same router for over a year.. so it has worked, that being said... it doesn't seem to connect the game anymore.

I can connect to almost every other game, F.E.A.R., Vanguard, Guild Wars, ETC.  Why the hell wont EQ2 friggen load!!  It loads the screen, and I can say 1-2 things sometimes, then the game crashes.  I ran through the guide on the knowledge base.  At first my firewall was blocking it. 

Before I even get into that, I would like to say, I was finally able to log in and play for about an hour the day I got the expansion, which was Sunday.  I logged out to activate the new expansion.. hasn't let me log in since.

Back to the knowledge base.  I did all the Command Prompt crap, and seems I am being blocked 100% on some of the hops..  So I try port forwarding, no go.  I try DMZ, no go.  I try everything in the [Removed for Content] Knowledge base, besides call my ISP.. today is a holiday afterall.

Seriously please help me.. I WANNA PLAY THE GAME AGAIN! lol
Gollum The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Gollum The Great

Loremaster

As an interesting side note, I found out I can log into characters who are not in starting ares, e.g. Castleview, Nettleville, etc.  I am afraid to test out taking one of my other characters into one of these zones.

I can manage to get it to load for about 20 seconds, but I don't have enough time to run and get out of the zone fast enough!  Of course my main toons are all in their starting areas.. this is wonderful.

How is it possible that one server is blocked and another isn't?  I am assuming the starting areas and main game, such as Commonlands. are on different servers.

Gollum The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
tweed86

I've been having the same problem, and i just bought the game.. what a waste of money, i guess i'll have to go back to WoW again.. ;/
tweed86 is offline   Reply With Quote