EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Templar
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #31
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I definately do not have a solution but I can say that I have all but retired my 92 Templar. He's been my main healer now for a few years and he is fairly well geared in a mix of legendary and fabled gear, fully mastered, 320 AA and he struggles like mad trying to keep a group in Skyshrine (contested and instanced) cured and healed.

This week I dusted off my 90 Warden and spent a few days getting him to 92 and aquiring some decent gear though he is not close to being as well geared as my Templar and I can solo heal contested and all of CD no problem. He never runs low on mana and has plenty of cure abilities, not to mention having two group cures on a 10 second recast. He is not fully mastered either but I'm going to be focusing on him much more going forward.

TBH aside from certain named annoying abilities you really should have any major probs solo healing on a temp contested or grp zones.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
Juravael

Loremaster

The actual healing is fine. It is the curing and the fact that he constantly runs out of mana during most fights. Our "groups" consist of a Paladin, Templar and Dirge since that is about all that we can get to gear up and be ready for end-game content in our smaller guild unfortunately.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #33
Daalilama

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

The actual healing is fine. It is the curing and the fact that he constantly runs out of mana during most fights. Our "groups" consist of a Paladin, Templar and Dirge since that is about all that we can get to gear up and be ready for end-game content in our smaller guild unfortunately.

tinkered mana stones, the old manastone hq item, mc clarity pots ohh and cleric ae prevent macro'd to yourself...did I miss anything?

Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
Epiph

Loremaster

Meatwaggon wrote:

[Removed post.]

I seriously wonder at this point. It would be one thing to totally ignore us, however the glimmer of hope we got with the assertion that they would take a look at us again before GU64 and which was then reneged upon, seems to suggest that they think one class being broken is okay for the moment. 

(For anyone who wants to pounce on the word broken, don't bother. I'm referring to the spells not working as intended which no other class has such a plethora of.)

Most of us are pretty helpful and constructive people and are happy to work with you to make this class once again viable for raiding. A large number of the people I see posting on this forum have stuck it out for a very long time on this class, as have I, because we cling to the hope that you'll eventually see how badly unbalanced our class has become. I haven't seen anyone ask for ridiculously game breaking additions to the class or untenable fixes.

It would be really nice for the developers to give us a response one way or the other. If you intend to really take a look at our class then please say so and give us a realistic timeframe. If not, please just state that and we can all go reroll inquisitor or quit the game. Having unhappy customers isn't a good thing for either side of the equation that's business 101.

Epiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #35
Daalilama

Loremaster

They have simply become tone deaf to the community unless its fluff...SOEmote/DF/DM(which what 5% of the player base will even use)...this class has been intentionally lied to as Xelgad did...and tbh I'll prob not buy the "new" xpac their touting for november which will probably half finished and pushed out broke. 

Old 08-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
Epiph

Loremaster

I asked no less than five times politely during last weeks dev 'tweetchat' if they had rescheduled their review of templars.

They gave no response and decided to concentrate on such burning issues as lore, whether we can play as dragons one day and station cash rich issues.

Thank you for showing us you really could care less at this point at addressing a valid point and concern. We weren't the ones who made the point of saying that the class would be reviewed "between gu63 and gu64"; that was a statement that Xelgad made so it would be nice if any dev at this point could at least read this and find out what is going on.

Epiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #37
PeterJohn

Loremaster

They appear to have reviewed the class balance issues now. Can't wait to test out the changes in beta!

PeterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #38
Daalilama

Loremaster

PeterJohn wrote:

They appear to have reviewed the class balance issues now. Can't wait to test out the changes in beta!

We thought that during the skyshrine prestige feedback at test...it was like pulling teeth to get half the changes in....