EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

Can someone give me a semi-thurough explenation on how reforging works, what it costs, the conversions and stuff, and whatever else i should know about it.  I do not yet have the expansion and I am still contimplating getting it.  The reforging could be a descent sized part of my descision.

And no one just reply that i shouldn't buy it, for your assertion will fall upon deaf ears.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
Brigh

Loremaster

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Reforging_(EQ2)

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
Rectale

Seer

No one's bought the e$pac so no one knows, not even Zam, sorry!

Rectale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #4
Zergosch

Loremaster

Oh well, for the first contact i was happy about it.... but anyways...

To reforge a item, you have to decrease an atribut (which is restriced and can´t be choosen) to increase and place a new atribute SMILEY example:

19 mage weapon AE -> reforges to -> 18 cast speed for about 2-3 platin

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
Luterin

Lord

To me reforging sounds pretty useless, other than putting sparklies on your items.

• Up to 40% of the value of a Source Attribute may be transferred to the value of a Destination Attribute.
  • 10% of the converted stat is lost in the conversion process.
  • You cannot select a Destination Attribute if that attribute is already present on the item.

So you can't make an uninteresting item worthwhile since you can only convert a small part of a stat to another stat, and you can't convert it to a stat that already exists, so no making int/wis/sta items into wis/sta items either.

And since EQ2 was dumbed down your char only uses one stat, so there is no use to convert into any other.

So, what's the use? Other than sparklies...

Luterin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

Yeah after reading about the reforging from that zam article someone linked above, it doesn't seem to be something that is that useful to me personally.  The beastlords/mercs/DYOD may still be enough to convince me to buy the expansion if a double sc weekend comes up sometime soon.... otherwise not so much.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
epyon333

Loremaster

yeah i was a little bummed out that i could trade almost anything for DPS, hate, Multi atk, Haste, ability mod, (which zerker gear has plenty of) or ability casting spd and recovery spd ( which zerkers cast and recover too fast naturally for that to even hold the slightest interest) but not at all for ability reuse spd which would be great for getting juggernaut, sneering onslaught, jeering onslaught, insolence, and other CA's buck up that could help the class hold aggro much better then it currently does very poorly. 

/not surprised

Leader Remnants of Ancient Norrath

Butcherblock
epyon333 is offline   Reply With Quote