EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Syndarin
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

This was nerfed way too hard. It's useless now.I'm getting max hits of 6.4k now where I was getting hits upwards of 130k.A happy medium would be nice, maybe let potency modify it.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
lollipop

Loremaster

its totally worthless now they overdid it by alot.

lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Banditman

Loremaster

SOE:  We don't do subtle.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
-=Hoss=-

Loremaster

Yay nerfed before i could loot a piece of gear to put it on.  Sometimes I think the discussions on when to nerf things like this revolve around whether any 'guilds that matter' still need it to progress. 

If you absolutely had to nerf it, then have it be affected by one of those stats so it can still scale (crit would be more fun since its a contested stat now).

-=Hoss=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Tekadeo

Loremaster

ROFL at people complaining about this being nerfed.  Just stop, it simply does exactly what it reads now, whereas for a moment it was the single most overpowered item in game (maybe ever).

Procs should not and do not get modified by crit or potency.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Kunaak

Loremaster

for a proc it was extremely OP.

no proc should be hitting for 130k on a AE.

it just means now you have a slot for a much better proc.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Circa
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

this was way over done. it didn't put up any high numbers for zone wides. yeah it hit hard but it wasn't anything game changing considering it could only have 1 proc up at a time. the only problem with it is the way it procs on dead but not really dead mobs. and there really arent that many to warrent a complete stripping like this. i think i can name 5: mechaninc in vp, library in PoF, manifestation of tserrina (heroic), yeti in icy keep (lol), and the pq guy at ring war (which you could actually make die on time).

thanks for making a semi worthless war rune completely worthless.

seriously though you guys should just give up on damage procs, they are totally worthless when they dont crit. unless of course youre a scout loaded up with 4 kromzek banes.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
lollipop

Loremaster

Just go ahead and make the the rune an aoe proc. Instead of deal a 7k aoe proc 2 times a min or whatever.

lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Uwopo
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Vertigo

Loremaster

It went from situationally useful to completely useless.  The proc goes off when the mob dies, that's useless in all but multi-mob fights.

The only reason it had any real visibility because it procs for a ton at the end of the Ring War PQ, after Narandi was technically dead anyway.

Either make it a normal AE proc, or make it deal significant damage when the mob dies.  Now it deals less no more than the other crits with a huge restriction on where it's useful.

Uwopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
Uwopo
Guild: Vertigo

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

ROFL at people complaining about this being nerfed.  Just stop, it simply does exactly what it reads now, whereas for a moment it was the single most overpowered item in game (maybe ever).

Procs should not and do not get modified by crit or potency.

I'm guessing you saw it on a few Ring War PQ parses.  It's funny when it goes off at the end, but doing 18 million damage to a mob that's already dead isn't very powerful.

In the current state, it's two spots behind Bloodletting on my DPS.

Uwopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
Circa
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

lollipop wrote:

Just go ahead and make the the rune an aoe proc. Instead of deal a 7k aoe proc 2 times a min or whatever.

that would only make it slightly more useful than torrent which is worthless.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #12
Banditman

Loremaster

If this proc was a "normal" proc that went off and did damage at the time it proc'ed, well fine, it probably would have been a bit overpowered.

That's not what we're talking about.

This proc ONLY did it's damage when something died within six seconds of the proc going off.  And it only did it's damage if there was something in the general vicinity still alive to damage.  And it was NOT selective, it would damage things through walls and floors pulling aggro on other mobs that you may not intend.

This was a very situational proc, powerful in it's correct application, but useless 90% of the time.  It *was* a very definite decision you had to make as to whether that situational usefulness warranted one of your rune slots.

Now, there is no decision at all.  Anything else you can get will be more usefull than ED.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
Geothe

Loremaster

This is completely and utterly useless in its current incarnation, especially as a raid drop Adorn.Change it to just become a blue AE proc around the target and call it good.  They it will still do SOME damage on a single mob encounter, and will shine more in the rare group encounters.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
Lempo

Loremaster

I would really like to know what the decision process behind this was...

WhineALot

/petition

I was topping the parse in the ring war PQ by more 20K then at the end some guy with Elemental Detonation came from behind and beat me by 10K!!!! [Removed for Content]?!? Please nerf this, ok? thanks.

GM WreckingBall

Thanks for contacting us about your parse. I think this is totally wrong as well and not being one to take things like this lightly myself I will do my best to see to it that this item be made even more useless than it already was based on the largely single target content offered this expansion. I can assure that by this time next week, no one, and I mean NO ONE will want this war rune any longer and your parse will once again be safe.

Something along these lines maybe? Actual EFFECTIVE damage the Elemental Detonation was doing was not really that powerful, looking at it on encounters that the damage was counted properly and not proccing repeatedly on an already dead mob. I mean if EVERYONE in the raid has it now it might be useful, seeing that it can stack. I guess just fixing the way it was bugging and appearing to look OP was harder than taking it out of the game, without really taking it out of the game.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

It needs to be Double the Damage It does now since it does not critical and is not effected by potency anymore.

6000-12000 Damage when a mob dies.

and it needs to add a second proc thats 2.0 per minute that does Area of Effect Damage, 6k.

10% chance to do 6000-7000 Damage

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #16
Spite

Loremaster

Like others have said this War Rune needs to be looked at again - or removed and replaced with something functional.

Spite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #17
Banditman

Loremaster

Turn it into a DoT - 1.5 to 2.5k per second, for six seconds.  If the mob dies while the DoT is on, it does say 10-15k AE.

That would be almost worth wearing again.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
Mosha D'Khan

Loremaster

make it like MB, where it has a X% chance to proc an AE. so like when you take damage you have a X% chance to proc damage, when you do damage you have a X% chance to proc damage. then have it where the more piece that are adorned the more damage it will do.

just throwing and idea out there