EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Cusashorn

Loremaster

To put it simply, the stat consolidation made most dieties absolutely WORTHLESS for most classes. To be more precise, the diety pets are worthless.

For Roleplay reasons, I choose to be a monk of Quellious. I know that there are dieties out there that would provide better buffs in combat and such, but I actually enjoy using the miracle where I can replenish my group's power almost instantly while I remain stunned for a few seconds. It's good utility when I'm not tanking.

The Quellious diety pet, however, provides 38.5 Wisdom. Before, I would enjoy having 38.5 wisdom helping out my resists. Now, it doesn't help me in any possible way. For a priest class, 38.5 wisdom is still quite a huge boost, even at level 90.

So where does that leave most classes in relation to most dieties?

Being a good alligned tank, it makes sense to go with Mithanial Marr since his buffs help out with that anyway. His pet, however... provides strength and wisdom. Many pets provide roughly have as much of two stats that another pet might provide for one.

Mithanial Marr: Strength and Wisdom

Tunare: Wisdom and Agility

Quellious: Wisdom

Rodcet Nife: Wisdom (there shouldn't be a good aligned priest who isn't following him anyway.)

Brell Serilis: Wisdom and Stamina. A two for one special for priests.

Solusek Ro: Intelligence

Tribunal: Wisdom

Bristlebane: Agility (He was always the best diety for all 6 scout classes anyway.)

Karana: Intelligence and Wisdom. At this point, only half as helpful to either mages or priests as other dieties provide already.

Cazic Thule: Intelligence and Wisdom. Same deal.

Innoruuk: Strength and Intelligence. Used to be good for Shadowknights, but not anymore.

Rallos Zek: STRENGTH. Evil Only, yet is the best diety, stat-wise, for fighters.

Bertoxxulous: Intelligence.

Anashti Sul: Strength and Intelligence. Probably the best evil diety period for miracles, but now no longer the best statwise for either fighters or mages.

Now, some of you might be thinking: "Just remove the stupid good/evil restriction. There should be no reason why a paladin can't worship Rallos Zek for lore reasons or for game reasons."

Hahaha NO. There are lore reasons why a Paladin can't worship Rallos Zek and a Defiler can't worship Rodcet Nife, and this is how I think it deserves to stay.

I do think that the pets need to be reworked so that they provide 1 stat based on the archetype that they you are.

Let my monk gain strength through peace.

Let a scout gain agility by blasting his butt with a fireball. See if that gets them moving any faster.

Let a priest gain wisdom by observing the cause and effect of playing a prank on others.

Let a mage gain intelligence through discovering gemstones while mining... That's Brell Serilis if you couldn't figure it out.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
hellfire

Loremaster

Dietys can be revamped after HOs and a multitude of other areas that have needed a revamp for alot longer.

Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!

2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster

Not sure how easy a fix this would be in coding on the back end but I agree with you, this might be the eventual fix/change to deities with the stat changes:

All deity pets come with +(N) to stat, and depending on the archtype the stat will automatically modify to your primary stat.

It might not be the best way in overall uniqueness of each deity pet, but it would serve the purpose of giving players the ultimate choice of picking a deity for their miracles/blessings while not worrying which stat their pet gives.  Through a roleplay standpoint, I can agree with you on certain deities not available based on evil/good.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
circusgirl

Loremaster

We also need a serious revamp of the miracles/blessings.  Anashti Sul and the recent deities blow other deities out of the water, and the good side has way too many healer deities and not enough fighters.  Right now we have 14 deities available to us--that ought to be enough to have a fighter, healer, mage, and priest deity in the good, neutral, and evil alignments, plus one tradeskill deity with one left over.  

The stats need to be changed to reflect this, along with upgrades to the blessings/miracles for the older deities.

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Lethe5683

Loremaster

I don't bother with dieties anymore other than getting whichever one has the best pet buff for that character's class.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
DanMan3395

Loremaster

this is a step in the wrong direction. They need to UNDO the stupid stat consolidation. This has made the game stupidly simple. Additionally, the game was designed around multiple stats, and it shows. Tons of the gear is wonky and has nonsense stat combo's in the game.This may be a mark of the end. If they feel this move is to big to roll back and we are stuck with it... well then frankly the player base is going to get even smaller.FYI Mithaniel give str and wis because he is a paladin, and those are paladin stats. Just another example of how dumb of a move it was to consolodate stats.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Lore is pointless.

Just remove the restrictions.

If you want a good story watch a movie or read a book.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster

DanMan3395 wrote:

this is a step in the wrong direction. They need to UNDO the stupid stat consolidation. This has made the game stupidly simple. Additionally, the game was designed around multiple stats, and it shows. Tons of the gear is wonky and has nonsense stat combo's in the game.This may be a mark of the end. If they feel this move is to big to roll back and we are stuck with it... well then frankly the player base is going to get even smaller.FYI Mithaniel give str and wis because he is a paladin, and those are paladin stats. Just another example of how dumb of a move it was to consolodate stats.

I am not debating the point of the stat consolidation being a wrong move, because I agree with you and have not liked it since I found out about it in Beta.  But the point of this thread is now that what is done is done, and if we are to stick with the way stats work now, we need to change voice changes that need to occur now.  This revamp has been long overdue even before the stat consolidation but now shows more than ever with the stat buffs on the pets.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Lore is pointless.

or play a game that tells a story. oh wait....

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
Cusashorn

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:

Lore is pointless.

Thank you. SMILEY

Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
Crismorn

Loremaster

Lore is pointless.

This

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
Crismorn

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:

Lore is pointless.

You cant compare story telling between a book and a chat box that appears over some pixels.

Oh wait, I guess you can

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #13
Windslasher

Developer

I'm pleased to report that a deities revamp is, in fact, on the schedule. I can't make any promises on when it will happen, though, because it's not up to me SMILEY.

I can tell you that the pet stats are likely to be fixed before the full revamp, though. So expect a change Soon™.

Windslasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
RingleToo

Loremaster

Windslasher wrote:

I'm pleased to report that a deities revamp is, in fact, on the schedule. I can't make any promises on when it will happen, though, because it's not up to me .

I can tell you that the pet stats are likely to be fixed before the full revamp, though. So expect a change Soon™.

Yea! Very glad to know that this will be coming. I hope we'll get a chance to give some input about how we'd like to see the blessings/miracles revamped.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
Zacatl
Server: Storms

Loremaster

Planescape Torment (and the Black Isle games) has a better story than a lot of books. Lore make a world, gameplay only make a FPS, a plateform or a fighting game.

I want to play a character in another world, not some jumping pixels.

Zacatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #16
Crabshack
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Hey while you're at it you should add something special (maybe a raid drop?) that gives you the ability to get those really cool house items that were available when the god first launched.  Those items are really nice to have in the guild hall, but unbelievably rare these days.

In addition, maybe make the fabled alters drop from current tier raid mobs?  Doing t8 content for the good alter is pretty bad.

Crabshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
Drumstix

Loremaster

Windslasher wrote:

I'm pleased to report that a deities revamp is, in fact, on the schedule. I can't make any promises on when it will happen, though, because it's not up to me .

What about the stats from races? I know racial traits have undergone changes several times (which has angered me more and more each time). But I'd like to know if stats are even slightly planned to change in the next year or so. I'd like to change, but not if they're being altered again.

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #18
Lethe5683

Loremaster

DanMan3395 wrote:

this is a step in the wrong direction. They need to UNDO the stupid stat consolidation. This has made the game stupidly simple. Additionally, the game was designed around multiple stats, and it shows. Tons of the gear is wonky and has nonsense stat combo's in the game.

I agree, but assuming that they were going to do it anyways it would have at least been better if they did it my way.

[email protected] wrote:

What about the stats from races? I know racial traits have undergone changes several times (which has angered me more and more each time).

Me too, they said they were doing it to balance them but all they did was make them even more unbalanced and extreamly generic.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Windslasher wrote:

SO good to hear, thank you!

I've noticed that the pets that were released at EoF are the weakest of the lot while the ones released most recently (Rodcet Nife etc) are the strongest in terms of stat boots given.

Also, given how stats for the classes have changed, changing the pet stats should be considered.  Such as the Mith Marr pet being Str only since Wis does nothing for fighters any longer.

Anyhow, thank you again.  Very much looking forward to this.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #20
Katz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Hey while you're at it you should add something special (maybe a raid drop?) that gives you the ability to get those really cool house items that were available when the god first launched.  Those items are really nice to have in the guild hall, but unbelievably rare these days.

In addition, maybe make the fabled alters drop from current tier raid mobs?  Doing t8 content for the good alter is pretty bad.

Have one crafted.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #21
Kithica
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Rangers of Kithicor

Loremaster

Why not give all the pets a certain amount of all the stats?
Kithica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #22
CheezeBurgerAnimal

Loremaster

There are a ton of more important things need in this game. Deities are trivial.

I have Alt's in real life...
CheezeBurgerAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #23
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Windslasher wrote:

Wow, I didn't even know a revamp was even in the works. Thanks!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
vexrm

Loremaster

I was just coming here to post the same thing as this OP. YAY! revamp.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #25
Kreton

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Hahaha NO. There are lore reasons why a Paladin can't worship Rallos Zek and a Defiler can't worship Rodcet Nife, and this is how I think it deserves to stay.

Too bad this doesn't even hold true in game since any class can worship any deity as long as they are not aligned with a city.  There is no reason to have lore trump balance.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #26
Tigress

Loremaster

Windslasher wrote:

soon(tm).  lol.  ok then, wont expect it soon then SMILEY.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #27
Masako
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

Windslasher wrote:

Haha Soon™. But thanks for letting us know! I was beginning to wonder if it was worth getting a deity for my new toons anymore. Looking forward to the revamp!

-| Master Carpenter and Decorator |-

Olisha - Necromancer - Crushbone | Nari - Illusionist - Crushbone | Xailah - Dirge - AB

Masako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #28
Reztarn

Loremaster

SgtPmpkn wrote:

Not sure how easy a fix this would be in coding on the back end but I agree with you, this might be the eventual fix/change to deities with the stat changes:

All deity pets come with +(N) to stat, and depending on the archtype the stat will automatically modify to your primary stat.

It might not be the best way in overall uniqueness of each deity pet, but it would serve the purpose of giving players the ultimate choice of picking a deity for their miracles/blessings while not worrying which stat their pet gives.  Through a roleplay standpoint, I can agree with you on certain deities not available based on evil/good.

Realistically this sounds good.  All Dieties should provide a standard +primary stat.  

Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #29
Lathain_Sarathai

Loremaster

Keep restriction for GooD/evil is an useless thing, that add nothing but remove something, it's like say you cant be dark elf ranger or paladin. Since you can be a dark elf living in qeynos(guild hall) i dont see why the good god will ignore you. Just add a pre quest like betrayal  ?

+1 to undo the stats simplification too

Lathain_Sarathai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #30
Blakkmantis
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Imperial Dragons

Loremaster

Windslasher wrote:

This is great news.  But knowing you guys by the time it gets done, we will have forgotten about this thread like it was ancient history, lol.