EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
OriaasFarslayer

The Quiet Type

Has there been an official response as to using non square textures in EQ1? I've seen it asked a few times but never anything concrete that I can see...

Has anyone submitted an EQ1 item with non square textures and had the item accepted as is?

OriaasFarslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
IceSy

Happy Camper

OriaasFarslayer wrote:

Has there been an official response as to using non square textures in EQ1? I've seen it asked a few times but never anything concrete that I can see...

Has anyone submitted an EQ1 item with non square textures and had the item accepted as is?

As far as I know, it's 512x512 or smaller (divisible by 2), so that pretty much rules out anything other than square.

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
OriaasFarslayer

The Quiet Type

That's what I thought but I was holding out hope lol

Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
IceSy

Happy Camper

OriaasFarslayer wrote:

That's what I thought but I was holding out hope lol

In EQ2 you can use rectangle texture maps,.. and they have a bigger poly count to work with. I really wish they could up the poly count for EQ.

Hopefully when Dragon's Prophet is live,. we can do PS there also,. and have a HUGE poly limit! lol So much easier when the count is not so limited.

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
OriaasFarslayer

The Quiet Type

Yep I knew about the non square maps in EQ2 thats why I was curious about EQ1...just wanted to make sure the games were in fact different. I mean I knew they were but like I said I was holding out hope.

Bigger poly counts for EQ would be great I might have to start playing (or at least make a run around character) EQ2 and submit some stuff for there. I've never even logged in to it lol. I might look into Dragon Prophet too since I have never even heard of it.

As for stuff I would be excited about...animated texture maps, illumination maps, bigger maps all the way around and I would love if we could use standard proceedural shaders instead of texture maps in some cases or have more material slots for tilable textures.