EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #91
Baydeena

Guide

Not a lot at the moment to whisper to you but at least here are a couple of things I’ve heard.

Monday 29th November around 8pm (Pacific) take a trip to Qeynos Harbor and chat to the dwarf who is interested in the drinks that abound in Norrath.

Tuesday 30th November around 8pm (Pacific), head to the Butcherblock Mountains to help a certain Minstrel of the Loresinger family.  It seems singing is not the only thing on his mind.

Disclaimer: Please note the times are posted in PST/PDT (Pacific Standard Time/ Pacific Daylight Time) as appropriate.  All quests may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and wherever possible we will let you know in advance.  These listings do not include those random times our guides are in Norrath so keep an eye open all the time for someone who may want to chat with you.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #92
hansomepete

Loremaster

More guide events please and if there's a mailing list let me know!

hansomepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #93
Daryx
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

Don't forget there are also "unscheduled" guide events that happen; there have been at least three the past couple of days on Oasis that I know of.  One I just happened to run into this evening when going for some quest updates in Everfrost.  I did a double take on riding past a snow critter I thought was a player in the illusion from Frostfell but realized there was a green feather when I'd gotten past her.  Another was in New Halas yesterday announced in level chat.  The third I wasn't on for the day before that but a guildmate told me it had happened.  In fact, most of the ones I've seen or been involved with this past month haven't been the ones announced here, so you have to keep your eyes open and sometimes just be in the right zone.

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #94
Baydeena

Guide

I’m glad you’re enjoying the quests and thanks for letting us know.  I’m not able to chase down as much information ahead of time as I’d like to pass on to everyone here.  We guides can be quite mysterious peoples who actually live in another realm that takes precedence at times.

There also be no mailing lists Hansomepete – this Halfling has enough trouble at times getting the bits of gossip to you here.

That snow creature Daryx, told me she was quite a busy person today with all the adventurers who came along.  If you missed her, then you might just be lucky enough to find her in New Halas today December 4th !  Around 5am (Pacific time) I’m told.

Now Frostfell is just around the corner so there are going to be a lot more quests and activity from all your guides and not all of them will be announced here.  I shall do my best though to keep you all up to date.

Finally! Three things I can whisper along to you and hope they all take place.

Monday 6th December around 6pm (Pacific Time) head to Antonica and see if you can find a minstrel wanting help.

Tuesday 7th December around 10pm (Pacific Time) it’s off to West Freeport to find that intrepid Dwarf who likes to check out ales across Norrath.

Wednesday 8th December around 11am (Pacific Time)  it’s Neriaks turn – don your aprons and join in with a Baking Competition or some such thing.  All I really know is it’s about food and we all know how a Halflings eyes light up up at the mention of food.

For this Halfling, I like to try and get as many pieces of news together at a time before I pass them on to you but perhaps with Frostfell almost upon us I shall pass it on faster.  The only trouble with that – see this thing here called a thread?  It’s going to get awful long very quickly.

Finally ( I think I just said that) Don’t forget that we guides are often about just as ourselves!  We love to chats with you all and share goodies and stuff from our bags.   You would be amazed at just how many adventurers run straight past us no matter how much we call out to them, wave and even ride our ponies around them in circles!  So if you see someone wanting a chat - do stop SMILEY

Thanks for chattings with us here too – it’s nice

Disclaimer: Please note the times are posted in PST/PDT (Pacific Standard Time/ Pacific Daylight Time) as appropriate.  All quests may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and wherever possible we will let you know in advance.  These listings do not include those random times our guides are in Norrath so keep an eye open all the time for someone who may want to chat with you. 

Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #95
Baydeena

Guide

Well there seems to be a lot of moving happening now so I think we best hear some rumours before more changes happens.

Okay - today Thursday 9th December head off to West Freeport – there be a Goblin who has lost all his gifties!! Oh noes!!  Go find him around 10pm ( Pacific) and hurries!

Tomorrow, Friday, 10th December, at 10pm (Pacific) I hear there be tales to be told in New Halas.

Saturday 11th December firstly at 5am (Pacific) in Qeynos Harbor it seems the Gigglegibber has done it again – those gifts are a real problem.

Also  Saturday 11th December around 10pm in Gorowyn someone is looking for some grand ideas of what to get for the local Gigglegibber as a Frostfell gift. 

On Sunday 12th December around 10pm (Pacific) in Greater Faydark, one of Santa Glug’s assistants is in a playful mood.  I wonder who else might be there – will you?

Finally, your guides are out and about in Norrath having fun – particularly in Frostfell Village.  Keep an eye out anytime to see if you can become a reindeer or perhaps to just enjoy a chat and some special goodies they might be sharing with you.

Happy Frostfell everyone !!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #96
Nytetyme

Loremaster

yay !!   thank you SMILEY gonna tie myself to my puter chair so I wont miss these starting with the 10pm one on the 10th ..

they say if you want the Gods to laugh make plans SMILEY   seems that keeps happening to me ...

HUGS all of you guides .. I for one really appreciate what you do  .. 8-)

and do appreciate your prompt attention a few weeks ago when my account was hacked ... was heartbreaking, and you

made it so much easier to bear and fixed it for me SMILEY  Now ... just tell me who did it so I can beat em with my cane !!!

Wynd SMILEY

Walk straight in tomorrow's wind,

And cherish each moment of the sun today
Nytetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #97
Baydeena

Guide

I hope you get lots of fun time with Frostfell Wynd.  Apart from those quests we will definitely be out and about as much as possible just having fun with peoples.

I would love for our guides to accept your thanks for that help with your account but in truth, it is the “real” GM’s who do the good work for all of us.  We guides are just that – guides and not GM - contrary to what people think.   We can offer some advice but as far as all that fancy stuff – we just play games and have fun sharing goodies around Norrath.

I sure hope you got all your things back safely. /hugs and Happy Frostfell

Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #98
Baydeena

Guide

Greetings again adventurers of Oasis – I trust you’re all having a wonderful Frostfell.  To keep you having fun I thought you’d like to know some more things to look for.  Now these are the times and days that things should be happening but who knows with the merging of us all – so please keep that in mind.

On Tuesday the 14th around 8.30pm (pacific), there is a Troll with an eating disorder in Antonica!  Well that’s what it sounds like to me – perhaps you can figure it out Sorry about this one - looks like the troll might be dieting or something and wont be here at this time! Cancel that again - the Troll is going to be looking for food still but who knows what!!

On Wednesday 15th around 10pm (pacific)  in Qeynos Harbor I hear a goblin is having a bad time with his presents!  Poor Gobbie!

On Thursday 16th in Kelethin around 10pm (pacific) you can hear some tales of Frostfell from someone who really knows the subject.

Plus an addition to this - I've heard on pretty reliable information that also on Wednesday 15th in Qeynos Harbor around about 11am (pacific) a hunter is getting ready for a trip.  Somehow though he's in strife!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #99
Nytetyme

Loremaster

A sad day .... Willem is leaving our server as a guide ...

But good news is he will be around as himself here and there still ..

I for one want to thank him profusely for giving me a quest a couple months ago in Halas ... caught me totally un awares

and thrilled me so I could barely type ...

Just want to say ....We really appreciate the time and effort you put into making our time in this world more exciting SMILEY

You will live on in my memory and always a smile will follow when I think of you SMILEY

Hope to see you out and about sometime .....

*HUGS Willem*  'scuffs her toe in the dirt and sniffs ... wipes away a little tear and then smiles as memory comes around

again ...'

Wynd ...

Old 12-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #100
Chiel

Loremaster

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Willem is not gonna be a guide for us anymore? You're certain? Noooooo! *sniffle* *whine*...Willem, you will be sorely missed if this is true. I don't want to believe it.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #101
Nytetyme

Loremaster

Its very sad but true SMILEY  He was on the 1-9 ooc channel yesterday and gave the news himself ...

But the good news is that he will still be around .. just not as a guide ...and that in itself is a small comfort to me SMILEY 

In my personal opinion .. he did a most wonderful job...

I will say I believe we have the best of the best ... I just hope they know we appreciate the time they take to make

our time in the world exciting and fun SMILEY  Cause I feel that all the server is like a family *least it is to me* ....and at least

Willem is still in *our family*  where he belongs

Wynd SMILEY

Old 12-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #102
Bhael
Guild: Freedom Flames

Loremaster

Any idea when the next "Axe And Ye Shall Receive" event in Butcherblock is going to happen? I've been trying to participate in this for over a year now and I always either forget to check the schedule or can't get on when its happening.

Bhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #103
Baydeena

Guide

Oh such excitement!! Welcome to all the people of Befallen!  Your guides from Befallen are arriving in their new home and are beginning to settle  in comfortably.  To all the people of the new Oasis, you are in for double the fun with double the guides now!  I shall start rounding up the gossip to share with you here.

Tomorrow, Tuesday 21st around 10pm  (pacific) could you please keep a look out for someone in Kelethin who is likely to be in trouble over some presents.

Wednesday, 22nd firstly at 2am (pacific) that trouble with presents is spreading and you will need to head to Halas.

Also on Wednesday 22nd around 9.30pm (pacific) head to the Enchanted Lands, I believe there is some cooking going on over there!  That sounds ominous!

Thursday 23rd around 11am (pacific) take a trip to Halas.  I think you will enjoy hearing what an expert has to say about Frostfell.

Again on Thursday 23rd around 4pm (pacific) you might like to go to Kelethin.  It is such a large place and it’s very easy to get lost there.

Friday 24th around 4pm (pacific) a visit to Qeynos Harbor might teach you something.

Now for the moment that is all the gossip I’ve heard but no doubt there will be more – much more and I shall keep popping back here to pass it on to you.

PS to Bhael – I do believe that dwarf who has the fetish for axes has headed off to enjoy some Frostfell merriment with his friends and family and will not be back for quite some time.  You know how those dwarves can be once they start enjoying the good life.  Rest assured, in the months ahead when we hear of his returning we guides will pass on the news.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #104
Baydeena

Guide

Some of our travellers haven’t had such a smooth merge and some things might not happen quite as I’ve predicted here.  With that in mind, please don’t be disappointed if that gigglegibber in Kelethin doesn’t arrive later today.

On the brighter side for now I can add that I’ve heard a baking contest is happening in East Freeport around 7am (pacific) on Wednesday 22nd.

Also on Thursday 23rd around 7pm (pacific) I hear the beers are good in Qeynos Harbor – would you like to check that out yourself?

Again on Thursday around 8.30pm (pacific) there is a clumsy Gigglegibber in the Frostfell Village.

So adventurers, there you have it!  With the things I’ve listed earlier and the things here, I’m hoping we can offer you lots of fun and surprises in Norrath.  BUT … please understand if things don’t happen quite as I’ve predicted as all that travelling and unpacking is having a few side effects.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #105
Rainmare
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

I know you guys do your best with these events, and I do enjoy getting to participate in them, however, I have 1 small complaint.

two times now, an event has been posted for 10pm/9:30pm pst....which is 1am/12:30pm here. and I have been there, eagerly awaiting the event. and I usually have let an hour or more pass by after the event is supposed to have started...and nothing happens. no guides show up, there's no posting here that says 'sorry they weren't able to make it'. I know I shouldn't complain since you guys do do these things becuase you want to do them, but at least if it's going to be a late night event, and it gets canceled can you leave a message?

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #106
Baydeena

Guide

I'm sorry you've been left in the lurch waiting for some things to happen.  I know it's happened to me too, in other parts of Norrath.  Sadly we often do not know what has happened until some hours after the event is to occur and it's too late to let anyone know.  This is why we add our little disclaimer about unforeseen circumstances.

In truth you would be sad to hear some of the reasons things don't happen as predicted.  Perhaps too, you might like to join our program - often things seen from the other side makes the whole picture a lot more clear.  Do let us know if you'd like more information on that.

We will continue to pass on our plans and we are very sorry things don't always go according to plan.

Happy Frostfell and as another lovely adventurer said to me - Merry Everything and Happy Always 

Old 12-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #107
Nytetyme

Loremaster

I was lucky and met up with the most wonderful guides in Qeynos Harbor ... OOoo what a beautiful robe I am now sporting for the holidays )

I for one am amazed and so very thankful that they gave their time on such a night to make my night sooo much better   *still smiling*

*I hugged the snowman very carefully ... course I had practice snuggling with Frosty 'grins'*

Thank you !!!  A most wonderful and glorious holiday to you ... and you ROCK !!! 

Wynd aka Frosty's squeeze hehehe ...

ps :  Im sorry I cant call you by name ... was so excited I am afraid to mispell it if I were to try .

Baydeena we are so lucky to have you !!!  Hope you have the most wonderful of holidays SMILEY

Old 12-28-2010, 03:41 AM   #108
Baydeena

Guide

I hopes everyone is enjoying the festive season still.  I come once more with some random pieces of gossip that might interest some of you.  In fact many things have been happening throughout our part of Norrath the past days and it’s about time I shared some things coming up.

Tuesday 28th around 2pm (pacific) I fear that bumbling fellow with the gifts has done it again – this time in New Halas.

Wednesday 29th around 2pm also in the Frostfang sea area (probably New Halas) I hear a minstrel of the Loresinger fame is making an appearance.

Wednesday 29th around 10pm head over to Neriak.  The bumbling gigglegibber is still tripping over those big feet.

Thursday 30th around 11am sees us in Gorowyn listening to a special person with knowledge of Frostfell and what it is all about.

Now I can’t see anything for Friday but if you want to check back on

Saturday January 1st!!!! 5am or there abouts we are still trying to help that gigglegibber get his act together – this time in Gorowyn.

Saturday January 1st around 3pm sees the gigglegibber back in the Frostfell Village.  Surely he can keep those presents in his arms by now!

Finally thanks for your nice words Nytetyme (Wynd) I know you made that guides day  – she came home very excited too.  Thank you from me as well – you are very kind.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #109
Rainmare

Loremaster

actually Wynd...I know you sent me some tells and at the time I was a tad confused..but heh I'm not a guide SMILEY just a paladin that enjoys spending time with them SMILEY

Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #110
Baydeena

Guide

**Whips out her notepad and jots down the names of Rainmare and Wynd, thinking they could make excellent guide material!  Then has another thought - perhaps they are guides - we just never know!**

**Rolls her eyes at the mysteries of being a guide and wonders just who we meet in one place might be a guide in another.**

/chuckle

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat..._id=11500014198 is a good place to check out if you thinks you are the" right stuff"!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #111
Baydeena

Guide

Just a couple of pieces of gossip today.

Sunday 9th January around 1pm in Qeynos there will be some storytelling happening.  Look for a dragon.

A couple of hours later around 3pm in Qeynos Harbor, a certain gent is looking for some drinks.  

Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #112
Rainmare

Loremaster

I very much enjoyed the storytelling SMILEY more of that please....and two dragons! bonus heh.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #113
Baydeena

Guide

We’re glad you enjoyed the Dragons company.  I heard there was a very interesting tale involving a titanic battle!

Well today I came across some more things to share while wandering through Norrath.  

We all know how much Halflings enjoy cooking – how about sharing some recipes in Kelethin tomorrow January 11th around 7pm (pacific)

Bards are well known for their singing but did you know they have other skills as well?  If you go to Qeynos Harbor on January 12th around 7pm (pacific) you will hear more about this.

If you go to Paineel on January 13th around 11am (pacific) you will discover an interesting tailor with some curious work.

In New Halas on January 13th around 12pm you may well discover a travel weary Halfling who could really do with some help.

By now many of you have probably met that fascinating snow creature.  This time on January 14th around 7pm (pacific) you will find her in New Halas – but wait – it’s not what you think! You will have to remember her lessons and if you’ve not learnt them – then what better time to find out more.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #114
Baydeena

Guide

The Bard sends his apologies to anyone who was hoping to meet with him.  He was delayed and now hopes to be in Qeynos Harbor by 7pm (pacific) on the 15th of January.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #115
Aewin

Guide

A dejected Ratongan poet is looking for a muse!  She's planning on searching Qeynos for ideas around 4PM (PST) today; perhaps you could share some ideas with her?

Aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #116
Baydeena

Guide

Well the week has slipped by so quickly and here I am with the latest little pieces of news.

Today the 15th of January definitely sees the Ratongan poet that Aewin mentions.  Also today around 7pm, as I mentioned earlier, that Bard who went missing should be in Qeynos Harbor around 7pm (pacific)

Sunday the 16th of January around 1pm (pacific) we have that wondrous Snow Creature with more than advice appearing in North Qeynos.

Well Qeynos is getting a work out and also on Sunday the 16th at 3pm (pacific) there is a certain Dwarf in Qeynos Harbour as well.

Moving on to Monday the 17th of January I believe the dwarf or his kin may have moved on to the Kylong Plains and will be found around 5am (pacific).

Also on Monday 17th head to Mara around 7pm and see if you can help a bard with a problem.

For now there is a gap in my information and the next piece of news is of the Dwarf – this time he’s found his way to Mew Halas.  You should find him on Wednesday 19th of January around 7pm (pacific)

Now all these pieces of information are not all of what is happening in our part of Norrath so do keep your ears and eyes open for strange sounds, announcements, messages – you know what I mean.  You just never know when something might be happening in a neighbourhood near you.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #117
Baydeena

Guide

Well it’s time to catch up on the latest gossip.

Starting with Wednesday January 19th the latest update is that at 5pm (pacific) some advice is being handed out in Qeynos Harbor. 

Also Wednesday, January 19th it seems that Dwarf is still going to be in New Halas around 7pm (pacific)

Thursday 20th January – let me see – first up at 5am (pacific) head off to the Commonlands – it’s masquerade time!

Also Thursday 20th January at 11am (pacific), New Halas is the place to be – there is still time for some good advice.

Again on Thursday 20th January at 6pm (pacific), there is definitely something odd happening in Antonica.  Something about a feast – but all is not as it seems.

Now, Friday 21st January, Zek Docks is the place to check out around 7pm (pacific).  Something about Hunting is in the air.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #118
Baydeena

Guide

So many guides, so much fun. 

Today I have news of things happening across our lands of Norrath.

Saturday 22nd January around 5am (pacific) I suggest you go to Gorowyn if you would like to accept good advice.

Saturday 22nd January around 4pm (pacific) also seeds a Ratonga in Mara.

Sunday 23rd January we have a triple bill for you. 10am (pacific) it’s off to Kelethin to help a small creature.  Then at 1pm (pacific) it would be New Halas and  you seek for something interesting.  Finally at 3pm (pacific) after all that adventuring I’d suggest a trip into Qeynos Harbour to quench your thirst.

My final news this time is for Monday 24th January around 7pm (pacific).  Check out the Darklight Woods.  I think something is cooking there.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #119
Baydeena

Guide

The days fly by with so much speed it’s time to catch up again.

Do you like to cook?  Why not go to Gorowyn on Wednesday 26th January around 7pm (pacific) and show off your skills.

Is drinking more your style?  If so, it’s another trip to Gorowyn to find a dwarven friend on Thursday 27th January around 11am (pacific).

If bookish pursuits are more your line, it’s off to the Butcherblock Mountains around 12pm (pacific) on Thursday 27th January.

If saving people is more your thing then go to Antonica on Thursday 27th January around 6pm (pacific)

Do you like looking good?  On Friday 28th January around 7pm (pacific) you will find someone on the Everfrost Docks to help you.

If you miss out on the advice and instructions from the Everfrost Dock – you may well want to go to New Halas on Saturday 29th January around 5am (pacific)

Now I know there is always more happening around our part of Norrath so I’ll get back with more to fill any gaps in my gossip.  Keep a look out for those elusive (and not so elusive) Guides of the Shattered Lands.  They have been known to carry all manner of goodies if you chat with them.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #120
Baydeena

Guide

More newsy gossip to hand for me to share.

That creature of sartorial elegance is really trying to get her point across.  Not only will she be on the docks of Everfrost on Friday 28th January around 7pm (pacific) as I mentioned earlier but she is also going to be seen in Qeynos around 8.30pm (pacific) on that same day.

I also mentioned that splendid creature will be in New Halas around 5am (pacific) on January 29th.  Also on January 29th around 4pm in New Halas, you will find a Ratonga looking for something or someone – perhaps it is you.

On Sunday 30th January around 10am – you guessed it – that fashionable creature makes yet another return.  This time she will grace East Freeport with her presence.  By now you must surely know more than enough about sartorial splendour so head to Antonica around 1pm (pacific) on Sunday 30th and show off your elegant attire – you may even teach that icon of fashion a thing or two.

Finally on Monday 31st January it’s off to New Halas for some culinary interest.  Around 9pm (pacific) seems to be a good time to share with people your finest recipes for cakes or pies.  I know you must all have some amazing ideas to share.