EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Priests
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
GIndotto

Thanks, Xelgad! BigGrin
GIndotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
Beyoncia

I would not be so grateful, a templar has exactly the same ability. Besides every druid has additional group heal and every shaman additional group regenerative ward.

I'm actually very disappointed with the new lines.
1. What is the idea behind the mitigation buff does not work on the caster? Why does a priest in a raid should have less mitigation then mages?
2. More hp, more cb, more this, more that...boring. I have expected something more non-trivial.
3. At first I was excited when I saw the endline as an inq, but then I loged my templar...and made the other priests classes. Boring, plain and silly imo. Every priest will have the second group heal. If you wanted the unification of healers, you could as well had made the second endline ability useful for tank healing ( ward for cleric, hot for shaman, reactive for druid)
Beyoncia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #3
Uncle

What is the idea behind the mitigation buff does not work on the caster? Why does a priest in a raid should have less mitigation then mages

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is set up that the second healer in the group gives you there buff and SOE does not want it to stack thus it does not effect you
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
Daalilama

The mitigation nerf is going to be a problem sorry Xelgad...while lets say for arguments sake it was done to keep from stacking mitigation with a tandem set of healers... OK I can buy that granted I think that's overkill and puts healers again at a disadvantage (along the lines of the character trait revamp in which all healers lost considerable mitigation over and above what other classes did) but the argument could be made...that's fine now lets discuss a solo healer situation...they are unable to get the mitigation buff from a tandem healer...was this considered?

As for the cleric Hot looks good on paper but haven't tried it yet.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
Beyoncia

The hot should be awesome. But I dislike the idea, that every priest class just get an additional group heal.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Flatline

Besides, if tandem healers mit buffs stack on the rest of the group then why should it not stack on the 2 healers ? or did i miss something ? or was this a to simple thing ?
Flatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
Kalika

The idea that priest should not benefit from their own bufs is simply sick.

If the fact mit buf of two priest stack raises an issue, the issue is valid for all group members not ony the priest. Moreover outside raiding most group have a single healer.

Honestly it's disgusting, you get a priest and he/she is only one who don't get better mitigation ...
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #8
Buffrat

We can't really complain about how the buff works until they open up the heroic and/or raid zones for testing....
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
LogosZanta

have to actually be able to spend points too.
LogosZanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #10
GIndotto

This thread kind of veered off course with the hysterics about that silly mit buff.

Let's get back to Divine Waters and Inquisitors please!

While I understand the frustration of "just getting a new heal", let's be honest here the Inquisitor was sorely under-prepared for the sustained damage ToV brought. And while I was able to forcefully heal GE with a Mysic in tow prior to the Ward and Reactive fixes changes, it was not pretty and Inquisition being what it is, really isn't that pretty even still.

So let's discuss what a second HOT, that as it stands looks to be about 4x stronger than Inquisition with FORTY-THREE METER RANGE, would add to the Inquisitor's ball game. And, based on some of the other priest prestige end-lines, how well off are we looking going into AoM? (And please, let's not start an ego-stroking list of the greatest healer classes right now, read the title of the thread!).
Old 10-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
Beyoncia

You know, the thing that worries me is they have added another group heal for every priest class, including druids. Imo, It clearly means we'll have a lot more incoming damage and supposed to do much better group healing. In another words, druids will still have advantages. Though I hope they will be not so big.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #12
GIndotto

Our group buff looks to be stronger than most other healers' prestige buff is giving them in the resistance department. At least checking against the few healers I talked with about their Prestige lines, it appears to be ~1500 more (3800 vs 5300). This sounds great but I'm currently sitting lower than some recruits are on resistances and they don't even have Maw jewelry on. Maybe this is Xelgad's handshake to make good on our resists. Being a group buff that could have some extended courtesies we haven't had before.

Also I'm still not seeing a prestige group heal for every other heal class, can you elaborate on that comment @Beyoncia. I was told Channeler got some silly AE they won't ever use because barrage or we. Maybe you meant as a new ability not specific to AAs?
Old 10-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
Hammdaddy

This class hasn't been good since skyshrine, it needs a complete rehaul to be good.
Hammdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #14
Beyoncia

I haven't checked channelers tbn, but druids have recieved an instant nuke with a strong direct group heal and shamans a group ward with regenerative component.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
GIndotto

I was really hoping that we'd receive some sort of group AE block, or AA modifier to Holy Shield granting a short duration group block. I mean even Shaman has a small chance to block the group, and Channeler is just silly so we won't go there.

I'm wondering if Divine Waters can be moved to a raidwide HOT. Its range certainly lends it that. Maybe that's crazy talk.

P.S., Beyoncia you are correct they are all group heals. I was thrown off with my Channeler buddy exclaiming that it was just a dps AE.

P.S. (again) "Gindotto come raid with us on Crushbone" - "I don't see where you fit Inquisitor into the game". I guess that answers that.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
GIndotto

Also I've been using Left Side Prestige for the groupDPS, (right side my parse actually goes down), but the Utility options attached to Interrogation could use a Prepared Defenses boost, making that line much more lucrative. Interrogation was a blast to use for awhile, porting around and such, but the novelty wore off and now it comes down to brass tax. The root immunity is probably going to be useful in a handful of spots in coming content, but Prepared Defenses limiting itself to Sub-50% health thresholds is too restrictive IMO. Make it full use.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #17
Darkon

Warden/Fury for solo healing groups. Warden/Templar or Warden/Channeler for tank groups. Duo healer Warden/Mystic or Warden/Inq I guess, but if you need duo healers, likely Warden/Channeler is going to be preferred.

I don't see how you fit in INQs without some additional tweaks.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 AM   #18
Darkon

I don't see where you can IDEALLY fit an Inq into raids, in that there would always be a better option in terms of class.

It doesn't mean that a raid can't function extremely well with one! Just that there seems to almost always be a better option.

Come transfer!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #19
Occam

This. ^
We've become the red-headed stepchild of healers because there is currently no situation where there is not a more desirable option thank an inq.

I was hoping we'd get some love this expansion, but another heal when ALL healers got another heal just leaves the status quo intact. We're in exactly the same situation, fourth or fifth best at just about everything.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #20
Darkon

Well that's not entirely true. If inq's and templars were equal in healing, you'd prefer one of each. Unfortunately druids break balance right now! Smile
Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
Samo

Adding more triggers to the group reactive would probably make a solo healing Inquisitor's life a bit easier, if the plan is to continue using large ticking AoE damage in fights.

Also, a group-wide Holy Shield would probably negate the priest imbalance on fights where you currently need 4 druids, but I admit I haven't really thought that through.
Samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #22
Daalilama

If they did decide to revamp holy shield and make it group wide (which I don't think any cleric is against) my guess they would omit the tank from it which in and of itself for most ae's is not a group killer.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #23
-Soteria-

What!? I typically raid as the MT cleric as an inq, and I've never wished to be a templar. I am competitive with any other class on heals, and I'm typically at the head of the pack on priest dps as well, along with the fury. I can also cure faster than anyone, I can verdict, and I can do it all with a stylish pointy hat. I'm very surprised to hear anyone feels like Inquisitors have been shortchanged here, or in any regard. Divine Waters is amazing, and Inquisitors are versatile and awesome... I'm not an expert, but Inq seems perfectly ideal for OT cleric to me.
-Soteria- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #24
Beyoncia

That is how I think too, I prefer a tank group over solohealing squishies for sure. But for years we were put in to a dps group and there was time when even mages wanted us over a fury. Such habits are hard to give up.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
Anghammarad

If they keep it like it is now... Inquis are really good healers, even group, not as good as hotters. But still.

I'm a fully potent 3/3 clothed Inqui, with a AA setup regarding healing not DPSing. Hey I'm a healer right?
My other stuff is chosen to that sight, being a healer.

Ucala posted an ACT screenshot form a Heroic x2 encounter. Sure the group has seen the light really often, even was close to it, or once or twice someone crossed the boundary into Ethenere *G* but with Fury and Inqui we kept the group alive.

HPS from both healers were around 1.65+ mio hps. 977k from the Inqui. Granted the group heals did their part =P.

But I really feal good in this addon with my Inqui.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #26
Silzin

First - I like the new Heal, also i am loving the Ward amount for Interrogation after the changes today. But with it warding each of my group for 150k to 200k when i am in DPS stance and not group buffed... i am thinking that the Left Side Prestige needs something else to make it worth looking at for Inqs that are healing a tank... since the Right Side Ward/Attack is so nice now.
Silzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:31 AM   #27
Kalika

What did they changed on interogation ?
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:37 AM   #28
Silzin

with the changes to Wards and Crits the ward more than doubled. before these changes most high end raiding Inqs where taking right side for tank healing.... now there will be less of a reason to go left side.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #29
Beyoncia

I'm sorry...what?!Smile I've never used it and I don't know any inquisitor who has did. Right side is useless for tank healing. We have no problems with raw tank healing, but we have almost no tools to save him in a bad situation. And a luck based( 60% chance) 2 seconds duration stoneskin will do nothing when your tank is asking for a death save.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #30
Silzin

well i guess i do not know Inq's as well as i thought i did.... o well... but the numbers are what i saw on my Inq and his bad gear.