EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Mages
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #31
Sebekian

Yeah, I know, it just seems like a balancing act because it's the same with Sorcs vs Summoners, if they make the Summoners too OP, nobody is going to want Sorcs because more utility and same dps > same dps and less utility. They should give Summoners some really nice group buffs also or something on par with Rogues since they're sort of the "hybrid" utility/dps class (or should be). If I had anything about wizards I'd like to change, much as Daray mentioned, maybe something to help with single target fights a little more since a large % of the named mobs in most expansions are single target, yes of course there are plenty of exceptions also. The prestige tree for single target is pretty much useless, I did more dps on single target with the frozen solid side of things in TOV as I'm sure most other wizards did. That's what the game needs, something that makes every class stand out in some way and that's why balance is so difficult. Rogues are wanted because they have really nice debuffs, maybe Summoners could get something similar or maybe they will just go back to trying to make 4 T1 dps mage classes, who knows. I also play both summoners, though my raid main is my wizard, and think they're enjoyable enough to play.
Sebekian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:24 AM   #32
Nezette

[IMG]
Nezette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #33
Kalika

Apparently you don't even know your class ?

I'm not refering to fortify element but to the improvement of your mage armor that are much better than for summoners.

- AA is called Battlemage armor (in the battlemage colum, that in the old days led to manashield)

Runic protection is shared among all mages but sorcerers get sorcerer shielding in shadow
and wizzie get "magi shieding" in wizzard..

Last conjurers probably build increment but all the necro that i know, inclusing some serious raiders
use the double conversion since the right prestige is simply not good (even if it has increment).

I rolled a wizzard on the beta, i was astonished by the amount of mitigation I could get compared with a necro (and prob a conjurer).

I was also amazed to see how good are your AAs while almost all the ones we have, but soulburn, are just to keep our pet alive or improve a tiny bit his dps.

Anyway complaining about your physical mitigation is just hilarious and narrowminded.

Also complaining about your regenerating ward, just as this one raised by a huge factor
since now CB applies fully to wards is just another spoiled child non-sense.

For the rest, i cannot comment, I just know that after 1 hour on beta my new wizzard was already dpsing more than my necro.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #34
Daray

Wizard utility has always primarily been in the form of Ice Lash (and now also Arcane Tyrant to a lesser degree). Bulwark of Mana is pretty much a "whatever" ability, and largely for the reasons that I have already stated. I can see uses for it, but given the constraints, they will be pretty few and far between, so it will largely be something that sits on my hotbars unused for the vast majority of the time. I'd take conj stoneskins over Bulwark any day of the week, if I could choose.

Btw, I totally think Xelgad should change Bulwark into an old-school "Rays of Disintegration" style ability (where we could make the rest of the group do stuff, and they had no choice in the matter). Make it force the rest of the group to do a control-locked 'Riverdance' in a line behind us, while it siphons off their potency and CB. Yes, I'm kidding before certain people try reading too much into this paragraph.o_O

And Nezette: I don't have any wings. Frown
Daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #35
Nezette

Frown You do in my mind, sir...

(To be fair, Darkonx isn't brown, Gninja doesn't wear a top hat, I have antlers and don't wear pink... and... I'm fairly certain Magefriend doesn't wear a wizard rob and hat while in his painted-pink room... I do not guarantee any semblance of accuracy in paint... just not gemmed for it. Wink )

Also, I'm fairly certain I know a few folks who would be totes down with your RoD idea! (Personally, I want my Quick Tempo to make folks break out in dance... I don't think I'm asking too much...)
Old 11-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #36
Nezette

I. Just. Can't.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you people?
Like, if you hate the way your class functions... make a thread? It's truly probably the easiest thing in the world to do... you hit a green button, and *bam* it's like magic! Give it a whirl, it's theraputic... nothing will change, but you'll feel better about yourself, I promise.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #37
Enigma

Let it all out Smile
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #38
Enigma

I would take Bulwark of Mana over the useless first prestige ability summoners get Frown and summoner's utility its conjy>necro for sure but still both are obsolete/out of date at this point.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote