EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Orthureon

Loremaster

I didn't get a chance to really try my luck as real life tends to intervene. A one month extension would be fantastic.

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Wurm

Loremaster

TBH since they are touting the Ethereal weapons as "The Big Lead-in!!" to the new expansion, they should keep dropping until it is released.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Orthureon wrote:

I didn't get a chance to really try my luck as real life tends to intervene. A one month extension would be fantastic.

Then try your luck at getting an ethereal charm.The weapons have been and gone. A new carrot is dangling.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
ranga

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Orthureon wrote:

Then try your luck at getting an ethereal charm.The weapons have been and gone. A new carrot is dangling.

You had no idea how apt this was as you typed it lol, only farmers are likely to get them SMILEY

Move along, nothing to see........

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

item drops frankly are the laziest lead in to an expansion they've done so far.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

ranga wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Orthureon wrote:

You had no idea how apt this was as you typed it lol, only farmers are likely to get them

Move along, nothing to see........

Why thank you.I am curious... Do you have any concerns with what you called "farmers", AKA: people who invest time+effort, being more likely to obtain them? While there is no guarantee of getting Ethereal items, people who invest more effort should enjoy a higher chance of success, right?Disclaimer : This is from someone who has NOT farmed for an ethereal, and who has not obtained an ethereal. Nor am I upset in any way that one is yet to drop for me.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Juggercap

Elder

rare stuff should stay rare. please dont extend it....and no, none of my characters have one or care.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
Rargo

Loremaster

Looks like you got your wish. I just got an Ethereal drop last night in Seb off a trash mob. Level 80 charm.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Deago

Loremaster

They really should extend this type of play because honestly nothing but the 'end-zones' are worth doing nowdays.

Goes along that linear line of thinking "because mob a is level x then level x gear drops."   Perhaps have some leveling gear or a reason for high toons to mentor down and help noobs or alts etc..   Mentor tokens...lol I can see the abuse of this system but still *shrug*

Maybe if you have that very very rare drop off that boss in that lv 70 instance along with a piece of gear from that 92 instance it will give you an amazing bonus that will cloud the fact that one of those parts is lv 70..  Just brainstorming..

Give them a super charm if they kill all the big bosses from the expansions:  Taranax, Mayong, Trak, Anashti or Ykesha, God Slayer boss etc...   or give them a weapon that progresses with them as they kill each one making it much better !

Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

Rargo wrote:

Looks like you got your wish. I just got an Ethereal drop last night in Seb off a trash mob. Level 80 charm.

Nice, but the OP is talking about the weapons.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
sanamin

Loremaster

Since Ethereals were supposedly an item leading up to expansion. I was wondering if any are dropping in October? I've asked and no one seems to have seen any.