EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Drusulan

Loremaster

I left EQ2 back when the level cap was 80. I'm planning to make a return to the game, and I will be subscribing (whatever the standard $15/mo plan is) - but I have a small problem: I used to have 2 accounts, and I don't remember which of them has the character I want to play.

So, my plan is to log into them under the free to play version to figure out which account is which, then once I'm sure which account is the correct one I'll subscribe to it (so I don't have the f2p restrictions).

That said, here are my questions:

1) Will I lose whatever master ranked spells I had?

2) Will I lose whatever plat I had (over the free-to-play cap)?

3) Is there any other reason I should NOT log into my account under free-to-play ruleset?

Drusulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix

Loremaster

If you have master spells or combat arts, and were in the process of learning another, then you will be able to finish the process.  You will retain master spells that you have learned, but will be unable to learn any more without unlockers.  You will be able, as a grandfathered silver account, be able to learn spells up to expert without a problem.

You will not lose any coin that you have already gained.  However, if you have more coin than allowed under silver accounts, you will be unable to get more coin, including from your broker sales.  However, there are ways to circumvent the restrictions.  Many players simply buy the repair materials from the fuel merchant, they sell back at the same price to the merchant.  Others, if they have a private guild, will put the extra coin in the guild bank, allowing them to access it when needed, within the silver restrictions.

You will, as a silver account, be able to see all of your toons.  You will, however, only be able to ACCESS up to four of your toons, without going gold.  You will be offered the chance to unattune your gear on login to a toon, so decide if you want to unattune the gear and perhaps place it on broker or on another toon.  I had all of my gear that was EQUIPPED, before I quit temporarily, unlocked automatically.  However, anything that was not equipped was not unlocked, therefore anything above legendary was not equipable after login, without unlockers.

You will have limited bag and bank space, but you can easily remove anything that is already in the unavailable space, and place it in the available space instead.  Or you can leave items in the unavailable bags, as temporary storage.  Be aware, you won't be able to use any of the items, including any crafting items, if in the unavailable space.

Another thing to consider.  There are now class/race restrictions, which won't apply to your already created toons.  However, any toons created from now on, if you are on, or revert to, silver will become unavailable without unlockers.  So if you want to create additional toons that are locked races, while gold, and revert back to silver, make sure those new toons are not some of your last four toons.  If they are, they become unavailable, and I don't think SOE changes the order to allow you access to another four toons instead.

There are no chat restrictions on silver, but there are broker restrictions.  You won't be able to sell anything without broker tokens.  You can sell a stackable item (such as food or ammo) with a single token.  And I believe that you can keep adding to that existing stack without having to use another token.  So if you can keep churning out food or ammo, as an example, you should be able to start a stack and simply keep it full.  This helps lower the cost of putting things up for broker, but may take a while to sell.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You will be offered the chance to unattune your gear on login to a toon, so decide if you want to unattune the gear and perhaps place it on broker or on another toon.  I had all of my gear that was EQUIPPED, before I quit temporarily, unlocked automatically.  However, anything that was not equipped was not unlocked, therefore anything above legendary was not equipable after login, without unlockers.

Another thing to consider.  There are now class/race restrictions, which won't apply to your already created toons.  However, any toons created from now on, if you are on, or revert to, silver will become unavailable without unlockers.  So if you want to create additional toons that are locked races, while gold, and revert back to silver, make sure those new toons are not some of your last four toons.  If they are, they become unavailable, and I don't think SOE changes the order to allow you access to another four toons instead.

Your post is mostly dead-on, but I wanted to clarify on the two above paragraphs.

First, the unattune option is one-time only thing that you will be able to do.  It was done because of the massive changes made to how stats work now for classes. As for needing to unlock generally when going silver, any legendary or fabled in the appearance slots will stay there, but you will not  be able to use them once removed without unlocking them.

As for the classes and races limited to gold accounts, getting to keep ones made before only applies to grandfathered ones that were made before a certain date before FtP started.  Just wanted to mention this so there would no confusion.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote