EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Zeddakis

Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I am new to EQ2 and I am trying it out on a recommendation that it might be a MMO I would enjoy. I have been playing for a week now on the Freeport server and I have really been enjoying the game. I was thinking it was time to look for a good guild to join up with. I'm more of a casual player, since I have limited time of 1-2 hours most week nights and then I play for longer periods during the day on weekends. I enjoy dungeons, but have never been a raider. I am more into questing/exploring and crafting/auction house in most MMOs I have played.  The housing system and dungeon maker are things that really also interest me with EQ2. As an older player I would be looking for a mature or family friendly type guild. If anyone is in a good guild or knows one that might be a good fit for me please reply.

See you in game,

Zed

Zeddakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Leawyn

Loremaster

Hit U in game and it will open up the guild search window. Look at it during your normal play times and add in the filters for what you're looking for.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix

Loremaster

Altho you may be unaware, there is also a server forum.  You can look in there to see if there are any guilds that provide information about their guild, which the in game guild finder doesn't really give you a feel for.  You could also ask people who you group with more about their guild, if you like the person.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Zed, when using the Guild Finder window, you are probably looking  for what people will term "a family guild" or "a casual guild".

In addition to the tool, look for people who you enjoy in game. If someone in chat channels is saying things that crack you up and you enjoy, ask them about their guild. If you group with somebody that's fun to play with, ask about their guild. 

Before you join, make sure you ask closely about guild rules, ranks, promotions and the like. I've seen guilds with insane rules run by would-be megalomaniacs. I've also seen guilds in which there was a good leadership with several responsive officers that all will help members. Guess which one I think is more fun.

Good luck and good hunting!

Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Zeddakis

Apprentice

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I also saw there is a guild recruitment forum that somehow I missed. I guess I need to start wearing my glasses more. 

Thanks!Zed

Zeddakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
LadyMist

Loremaster

Amother good thing to do is on your peek play time type /who all guildname  to see how many people are on in that guild and their level. The anon's will show as anons. This tool will help in the fact you won' join a 2 person alt guild lol