EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Kaitheel

Dev

Tinkerfest 2012 has been activated on Test and Test Copy!Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench and celebrate all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar. You won’t want to miss all of the fun at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains.New features for '12!

• The following aether races are being run in honor of Tinkerfest!
    • Great Divide
    • Butcherblock
    • Lavastorm
    • Tenebrous Tangle
    • The Barren Sky
    • The Bonemire
  • Celebration areas have been established within Freeport at Inventor's Outlook and Qeynos Capitol District at Inventor's Threshold.
  • Myron, a Tinkerfest Merchant found at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains, has some new items for players to buy!
    • New house items
    • New equipment
    • Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0
    • Master Tinkerer's Blueprints 2.0
    • Three different deluxe Gearskif mounts

Three different Oscillating Kajiggers flying mountsReturning features:

• In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
  • Previous craftable recipe books, house items and equipment can be bought from Myron & Tarly at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
  • “Tinkerfest Cheer” - Repeatable
  • “If They Only Had a Brain” - Repeatable every year.
  • "Great Balls of Fire” - Repeatable (up to 35 times)
  • “The Legend of the Geargobbler” - Repeatable every year.
  • “Friendly Competition” - Repeatable every year.
  • “Tinkered Parts Collection” - cannot be repeated.

This event content is currently set to run 7/29/2012 through 8/08/2012 on the live servers.Please assemble any feedback and bugs that you may find in this thread.  Thank you, everyone!~Kaitheel

Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

So if I read that correctly, there's new items but no new quests/quest rewards? Yay for aether races.. Bonemire and Barren Sky must be new. Will check it out tomorrow!

edit: Looked this morning, the once-per-year repeatable quests do have a few new rewards--appearance weapons/shields.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Wondering if the Baubbleshire is involved any more!

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #4
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

I'd assume that it and Temple Street will no longer be involved. /sadface. I loved collecting shinies and cogs in Temple Street.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

The buy-only "vertical xegonite sprocket (active)" is anchored so that the default placement for it is sunken halfway into the floor.  The (inactive) version places happily on a wall.  Is this intentional?

I absolutely adore the "Tinkered Electro Gyro-Sphere", and am a bit sad it is also buy-only.

Tinkered building blocks!!  SWOOOOOON  Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

I'm sure I'll have more feedback tomorrow after I make one of everything new on the crafted front.  (Since test_copy was wiped a while back, killing the guildhall, storage depot, etc., I either need to mule over harvestables on Copy, where I have a boatload of tinkerfest cogs, or spend time on Test, where I have a boatload of harvests, farming the cogs to go with them  ;D)

Did I say thank you for the tinkered building blocks yet?

~Mum

P.S. Have I mentioned recently how grateful I am for tinkered building blocks?  SMILEY

Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Tomker's opening dialogue before giving Tinkerfest Cheer says "How can Tinkerfest be celebrated without Gnomish Spirits?" and your response is "Do you need help delivering gnomish spirits?", uncapitalized.

NPC Jon Jeffas (gives Friendly Competition) has his arms stuck at 90 degree angles. EDIT: looking at Gnomes, Tinkerfest associated or not around the world, and quite a few of them also have their arms stuck. Something in the Gnome file, maybe?

Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Lizabethan wrote:

NPC Jon Jeffas (gives Friendly Competition) has his arms stuck at 90 degree angles. EDIT: looking at Gnomes, Tinkerfest associated or not around the world, and quite a few of them also have their arms stuck. Something in the Gnome file, maybe?

I'm seeing this as well. Not noticing it on any female gnome models so far, only certain male ones. Maybe they were practicing the robot dance and got stuck?

Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
ChrisMarchant

Tester

The new recipes are priced at 65 silver 90 copper, instead of a cogs price. I assume that this is an oversight!!!!!!

My chars are rushing to buy them at the cash price instead of the cog price, lol.

Lovely new green glow to the tinkerfest portal, but I do miss the previous rainbow effect.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
Raienya

Loremaster

So......a year of planning since last Tinkerfest, and we get:

More Aether Races

More buyable stuff and more recipes (yay for more recipes)

But no new quests? So we don't really have anything to do except run around gathering more cogs (and since the Qeynos revamp, most of the cog gathering spots are now gone) and doing Aether Races?

Sorry to be so negative, but I am extremely disappointed with how little actual new content is being released for the live events and quests, particularly where tradeskilling is concerned.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Raienya wrote:

So......a year of planning since last Tinkerfest, and we get:

More Aether Races

More buyable stuff and more recipes (yay for more recipes)

But no new quests? So we don't really have anything to do except run around gathering more cogs (and since the Qeynos revamp, most of the cog gathering spots are now gone) and doing Aether Races?

Sorry to be so negative, but I am extremely disappointed with how little actual new content is being released for the live events and quests, particularly where tradeskilling is concerned.

I'm also disappointed that there was not even one new quest. Oh well. However, props for putting flight wings on the merchant.

ChrisMarchant: I noticed the price descrepancy as well--normally they cost 10 tokens each. I think costing 60s is better IMO, but it is unusual.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Just a quick confirm - Cyliena is right, I've seen no female Gnomes with the problem. Poor guys just wanted to party!

No starting pad for the Butcherblock race, and the Lavastorm pad is lagging pretty badly. Took me ten minutes to get it to port me to begin the race, then wouldn't register me flying through the final hoop to complete the quest (hoop isn't glowing green either). Not seeing a race for Barren Sky or Bonemire. No NPC to start the race at Thurgadin Harbor.

If I may make a suggestion, Nell in Moors (for Legend of the Geargobbler) is lying down in the FD animation. I've seen NPCs lie straight on their back around Qeynos, near the doors to Baubbleshire/Willow Bend, and that may be a little more appropriate since she's fixing her disc from underneath?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
Devanita

Loremaster

I'll echo the previous posters' sentiments and offer a big 'thank-you!' for the building blocks... especially since they are craftable.  I'd give an even bigger thank-you if there was at least one more 'rougher' texture option for them... something matching the rusty floor plating or corrugated metal tiles of last year, or something matching the tinkered gold and carbonite dividers would be fantastic.  Other than that, having bought each of the vendor-sold house items, I have to say that all of them (excluding the coal box, which can get very small) would benefit from being able to resize down more... even at the smallest size, they were quite large (especially for a gnomish-themed house.)

Devanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Lavastorm aether race.

Very laggy, teleport pad took a long time to teleport, and when it did I wasn't standing on it. Most hoops didn't light up due to lag. Last hoop didn't light up either, lucky I remembered course.

No lap times showing on score board either, and race mount didn't disappear when you went through last hoop, it stayed up a while.

Heading to test the others.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
Raienya

Loremaster

I have another concern. In previous years, the Qeynos suburbs were a great place to gather cogs. Now that they are being done away with, are alternate spots going to take their place? If not, things could get very ugly.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Couldn't find the Bonemire or Barren Sky races, they not up yet? Searched both areas, could see any rings/hoops at all.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Saw plenty of cogs in the Inventors overlook spot in Qeynos, since all my goodies went to Steamfont from there, could do with a few more scattered around though.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

There's a bunch on Inventor's Outlook in Freeport too.

To summ up for Aether Races:

Lavastorms is not completing

Butcherblock is lacking a starting pad

There is no NPC for the Great Divide Aether Race.

Barren Sky and Bonemire races are not up.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

For those asking about the location of cogs, yes, the areas to farm them are smaller than in past years in Qeynos and Freeport, but don't forget the other areas where they were farmed in past years: Gnomeland Security, Gorowyn, Kelethin, Neriak, Moors of Ykesha, Bonemire, & Solusek's Eye.   Find the gnomes in those areas and you'll find the cogs.  (They tend to be the spots where you'd end up delivering the gnomish spirits).  I checked Moors and snagged several cogs late last night, and I'm guessing the other spots have them still, too.  Remember to throw on any ample harvest gear that you have, too.  

Edit:  Add the docks of Thurgadin, and Frostfang Sea (the ramp/stairs leading from the docks to New Halas) to the list for cogs as well.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Also in Bonemire, I harvested a couple there while looking for the race.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
Jazabelle
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Homes and Tomes

Loremaster

The Effulgent Tinkerer's Tank cannot be targeted once it is placed in a house. It can only be moved by accessing the /house menu and finding it on the list of house items, or using the layout editor.

Cosmetic bug:

Almost all of the spinning, purchaseable items do not highlight blue when moused over with the house editor on. Cosmetic more than anything else, but should be looked into.

Confirmed lack of blue glow:

Tinkered Xegonite Drill (Active)

Vertical Xegonite Sprocket (Active)

Horizontal Xegonite Sprocket (Active)

Their inactive counterparts glow fine.

Also, the Vertical Xegonite Sprocket (Active) moves vertically instead of horizontally when using the house edit menu. All other wall items move horizontally rather than vertically when the red and blue up and down arrows are selected on the house edit menu. I would assume that this is because this item is flagged as a floor item for some reason, rather than a wall item (didn't notice that at first).

Blog: Homes and Tomes

"I keep a can of Raid next to my bed in case there are drachnids. It is the only Raid gear I have." -- Elogrim
Jazabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #21
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Why are the kajigger wings no-trade rather than heirloom?

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #22
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Very minor niggly.  The items from Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0 have no "Made by" tag.  Tested with Tinkered Buckler of the Great Gear, Tinkered Buzzblade and Tinkered Power Wrench.  I'm going to assume the Tinkered Mechanized Blade and Tinkered Shield of the Great Gear are the same, but I won't be able to tell until I copy over a second master tinkerer to run through those two quests again.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #23
ChrisMarchant

Tester

The Tinkerfest Cheers npcs in the delivery places don't have feathers above their heads, and as we're supposed to speak to them before refilling the gnomish spirits bottle, it would be confusing to new players doing the quest for the first time.

Haven't checked the aether races on my new char who's doing Tinkerfest for the first time yet, but she'll be heading there soon.

Oh thanks for the Tinkering trainer in Qeynos, much appreciated as this char hadn't trained tinkering before Tinkerfest.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

ChrisMarchant wrote:

The Tinkerfest Cheers npcs in the delivery places don't have feathers above their heads, and as we're supposed to speak to them before refilling the gnomish spirits bottle, it would be confusing to new players doing the quest for the first time.

You don't need to speak to any of the npcs, just click on the jugs. Worked fine for me just now in Moors.

I'm a bit curious as to why PvP is turned on on Test Copy. Every zone I have been in has had it disabled, so basically it's just being annoying and preventing me from discussing test things on the custom test channel.

Also:

Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
Starofhope

Loremaster

Hopefully you might conceder adding more locations for cogs to spawn or increase the spawn radious and amont on current locations. On test I was unable to find a location to gather cogs that wasnt taken I am terrified at how bad it will be on live.

Also the new dividers do not seem to scale as large as the others in game.

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #26
Lizabethan

Philosopher

After the TT aether race, you're teleported off your mount at the end right into an area with aggro mobs. May be an issue for lower-level toons running the race (and this is my favorite one now, so scenic!). Loc: 10.99, 21.01, 83.78

Also after doing this race, the green crash pad reward does not go into the mount window, but instead goes in as a charm. You can right click and "use" it from the charm slot, but trying to put it on the mount tab gives you error text.

^My fault, misunderstood this item.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #27
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Cyliena wrote:

Lizabethan wrote:

I'm seeing this as well. Not noticing it on any female gnome models so far, only certain male ones. Maybe they were practicing the robot dance and got stuck?

The gnome arms appear to be all better after yesterday's patch.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Was Tinkerfest intentionally disabled already on Test/Test Copy or was that an oops?  We still had several outstanding issues, and due to a housing bug eating all the items I had placed for testing, I can't even verify if the issues we found with house items were sorted out or not.

Edit: it looks like the buggy aether races are still up - including the now-lonely aether races promoter in Gnomeland Security

Old 07-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #29
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Was anyone able to test the kajiggers (wings) on someone who was an 85+ crafter but NOT an 85+ adventurer?  I was going to do that today with some copied tokens, but didn't manage to get to it before the event was gone.

~Mum

Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
Kaitheel

Dev

Heyya everyone!

Last night I submitted the following changes for Tinkerfest:

• Lavastorm Aether Race can now be completed!
  • Tinkerfest building blocks scale much larger now.
  • All of the tinkerfest house items (except building blocks) can scale much smaller now.
  • Vertical Xegonite Sprocket (Active) is now a wall placed object.
  • The active house items, Vertical Xegonite Sprocket, Tinkered Xegonite Drill, and Horizontal Xegonite Sprocket should now indicate when they can be placed, or not, when attempting to move around after being placed.
  • The Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0 and Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0 are now sold for 10 Shiny Tinkerfest Cog.
  • The Oscillating Kajiggers are now Heirloom.
  • Lavastorm Aether Race can now be completed!
  • The Effulgent Tinkerer's Tank had to be removed from the Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0 due to art asset issues.  Hopefully, it may return at a future time!

I am not sure when they will hit the Test servers, but they should be listed in the update notes at that time.

I am examining and trying to resolve the other outstanding issues (such as the missing races in The Barren Sky and Bonemire).  More changes/fixes coming!

~Kaitheel