EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Don't get excited, guys SMILEY I don't have them.

I'm posting this to ask: Where are they? SMILEY Or what are they, at least? Or did I just miss them in all of the hundreds of posts?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
General_Info

Lord

patch notes are sorted under the development center header on the main page. (live and test)

If they aren't posted in there they aren't anywhere on the forum.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Lamatu

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

patch notes are sorted under the development center header on the main page. (live and test)

If they aren't posted in there they aren't anywhere on the forum.

I am positive the OP already knew this. Patches on Monday are rare and most likely this is a hotfix to the exploits recently.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Patches normally hit on Tuesday morning ... The Patch notes usually hit Monday late afternoon.  Sometimes the Test and Live patch notes will be posted at the same time, sometimes Test before Live and occasionally Live before test.

Sometimes having the Test patch and notes a few days before Live, sometimes a few weeks ahead.  The deeper we are thru an expansion the less and less the patches will contain, just fixes to bugs and esxploits missed in Q&A, and the more out of sync the Test and Live notes will become.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected]_old wrote:

Patches normally hit on Tuesday morning ... The Patch notes usually hit Monday late afternoon.  Sometimes the Test and Live patch notes will be posted at the same time, sometimes Test before Live and occasionally Live before test.

Sometimes having the Test patch and notes a few days before Live, sometimes a few weeks ahead.  The deeper we are thru an expansion the less and less the patches will contain, just fixes to bugs and esxploits missed in Q&A, and the more out of sync the Test and Live notes will become.

I don't think this was the question at hand. The OP wanted to know why today's patch notes have not been posted yet and what they are, not how patch notes and patches work.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

I don't think this was the question at hand. The OP wanted to know why today's patch notes have not been posted yet and what they are, not how patch notes and patches work.

Was there even a patch today, Monday, since I'm actually at work and haven't loged since last night IDK?  Normally SOE patches on Tuesday's... is all.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Yep saw it yesterday here http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521715

Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
BeeJay

Loremaster

Subject: Server Downtime Notice: Monday, August 27, 2012

BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

I got a couple plat that says there was an exploit with the goblin tickets.  So there will be no patch notes.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
Dexella

Community Relations

Today's update notes have been posted: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521767

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
Cloudrat

Tester

ooops  NM

Old 08-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Cloudrat wrote:

Dexella wrote:

Today's update notes have been posted: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521767

Test server went down earlier for patch, is is possible that was meant for test update notes instead of game?

No, that was pushed to Test on the 23rd.

We don't have notes for whatever hit today.