EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Can someone explain to me how this is possibly a good idea?  Developing a raid zone that will be invalidated no less than 2 months after it is released (if it manages to come on schedule).

How is this possibly a wise use of limitted resources?

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Juggercap

Elder

Ulrichvon wrote:

Can someone explain to me how this is possibly a good idea?  Developing a raid zone that will be invalidated no less than 2 months after it is released (if it manages to come on schedule).

What do good ideas have to do with anything? The zone will be a little late. The "expansion" will likely be later.

-edit-

Neither will likely be ready on release.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

not sure why you think it will be incalidated, PoW is well over a year old and hasent been cleared even after the level cap increase that came with dov2.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

One reason could be that Sleepers Tomb was suppose to be release with Skyshrine, but had resources pulled to finish SOEmote before E3.  Now with the Skyshrine raid content being cleared in by many guilds in a single night session, if forces them into poorly itemized level 90 (Hard mode) content, which is technically a step backwards.

All we know for sure it that gear itemization will be a freakn mess between now and January.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

not sure why you think it will be incalidated, PoW is well over a year old and hasent been cleared even after the level cap increase that came with dov2.

Level 95 gear will be greater than level 92 gear, period.  I'm sure the expansion will also invalidate PoW and reset all progression again, as expansions always do.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

Level 95 gear will be greater than level 92 gear, period.  I'm sure the expansion will also invalidate PoW and reset all progression again, as expansions always do.

Agreed doesnt make sense since they have it in their mind to scam us (i mean sell us) money for another poorly designed xpac with an uncalled for level cap increase.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

One reason could be that Sleepers Tomb was suppose to be release with Skyshrine, but had resources pulled to finish SOEmote before E3.  Now with the Skyshrine raid content being cleared in by many guilds in a single night session, if forces them into poorly itemized level 90 (Hard mode) content, which is technically a step backwards.

All we know for sure it that gear itemization will be a freakn mess between now and January.

I doubt SOEmote had anything to do with Sleeper's Tomb.  They simply don't have a large enough developement staff to adequately produce content for this game in a timely manner.  Combine that with the inconsistent leadership in place ever since Hartsman left and you get the mess we have now.  Undermanned without a clear sense of direction.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
Koleg

Lord

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I doubt SOEmote had anything to do with Sleeper's Tomb.  They simply don't have a large enough developement staff to adequately produce content for this game in a timely manner.  Combine that with the inconsistent leadership in place ever since Hartsman left and you get the mess we have now.  Undermanned without a clear sense of direction.

Im certin that we're progression just fine down the path SJ has laid out and still manages daily.  The whole correlation between Sleepers Tomb and SOEmote WAS the available resources and that E3 was more important, becasue it goes to the industry, than Skyshrine, becasue it only goes out to the players.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
JoarAddam

Loremaster

When the level cap comes in november, a lot more people will be doing the september Raid zone.  It happens every time a cap is raised, the raid zones, and the loot, become more available to a wider base...  sounds like perfect sense to me.  Sure level 95 stuff will be better, but if you think you're walking into 95 raid zones with WL and Heroic Skyshrine gear, you got another think coming.

You're Your

They're There Their
JoarAddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
Deago

Loremaster

Your probably right.  Gear will be better at 95 then 92.  If their gonna up the levels the gear must be adjusted.

SMILEY SMILEY   Hope you see what I did there SMILEY

Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

JoarAddam wrote:

When the level cap comes in november, a lot more people will be doing the september Raid zone.  It happens every time a cap is raised, the raid zones, and the loot, become more available to a wider base...  sounds like perfect sense to me.  Sure level 95 stuff will be better, but if you think you're walking into 95 raid zones with WL and Heroic Skyshrine gear, you got another think coming.

I would be shocked if you can't walk in day 1 and kill level 95 raid zones wearing SS EM gear.  The same has been true in every other expansion.

Its like if they released UD a month before DoV came out, almost no one would see it or use it.  It would be better due to how close the zone is being released to a level increase, to just hold the zone and itemize it to 95, since then it will be relevant for more than 2 months 1.5 months.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
Tigerr

Lord

First of all, look at the itemization between SS + Drunder HM ( revamp). I don't think they will add 3 levels and make EVERYTHING under obsolete. They said that PoW will still be current. I really doubt that they would make the same mistake that they made with Skyshrine and give us level increase invalidating alot of gear/content while not having enough content for us to play in. There is still Drunder HM + PoW for people to play in, they wont risk upping the level cap with 2ish crappy raid zones while making everything else worthless. The level 95 gear will probably be close or + Drunder HM + PoW. I think they learned their lesson with Skyshrine.

Look at what happened with Skyshrine... Everyone got to 92, cleared the Expac ( minus 2-3 HM mobs in SS) in literally 3 days. Then they had NOTHING to do because Kael was obsolete etc. They either better have an AMAZING loot progression where it does NOT make older stuff obsolete or, they better have sooo much content for us at 95, that they can AFFORD to make stuff obsolete. I'm going with choice number 1.

Tigerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
Deago

Loremaster

You know folks these days like easy stuff.  Super gear at end makes lower stuff super easy.   Happy folks might buy more sc stuff.  Thus super easy mode is profit these days.  Most of the players are not raiders anyway so.....and its not like a non-raider can not get raid gear anyway..  

What is gear!? gear!? Baby don't raid for me! don't raid for me! No more!  

Not agreeing just saying...

Would not surprise me if 95 gear just blows the rest away.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #14
Halo of G4

Loremaster

One reason could be that Sleepers Tomb was suppose to be release with Skyshrine, but had resources pulled to finish SOEmote before E3.

That makes no sense whatsoever. How does artist, level designers ect have anything to do allocating resources to a seperate plugin program used to trace webcam facial features into ingame characters? You do realize that SoEmote is being testbedded on EQ2 for both PS2 and EQNext right? Devs for EQ2 probably have no insight of the function or programming of the software other then being assigned to using it first in their game to see how it overall works.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #15
Halo of G4

Loremaster

Tigerr wrote:

First of all, look at the itemization between SS + Drunder HM ( revamp). I don't think they will add 3 levels and make EVERYTHING under obsolete. They said that PoW will still be current. I really doubt that they would make the same mistake that they made with Skyshrine and give us level increase invalidating alot of gear/content while not having enough content for us to play in. There is still Drunder HM + PoW for people to play in, they wont risk upping the level cap with 2ish crappy raid zones while making everything else worthless. The level 95 gear will probably be close or + Drunder HM + PoW. I think they learned their lesson with Skyshrine.

Look at what happened with Skyshrine... Everyone got to 92, cleared the Expac ( minus 2-3 HM mobs in SS) in literally 3 days. Then they had NOTHING to do because Kael was obsolete etc. They either better have an AMAZING loot progression where it does NOT make older stuff obsolete or, they better have sooo much content for us at 95, that they can AFFORD to make stuff obsolete. I'm going with choice number 1.

Tigerr I have my doubts. I don't even think EQ2's developer staff have someone incharge of itemization anymore. It's probably all done by computer with someone coming to check on stuff here and then. Here's the thing though, SS group gear ranged from 130-160 in terms of stats. What would it increase to if the level range was increased to level 95? SS EM gear is 170-180, with Drunder HM 180-200, and PoW 200-210. Where would you place the CoE group gear and its raid gear then? That plus the Sleeper Tombs gear coming out...

I honestly won't be surprised if this comes out in a smoldering mess when they release CoE.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #16
Zergosch

Loremaster

Well i doubt it will raise stats that much, as we are in the same tier, not like DoV. Just skipping from 92-95 .

I think it´s more like more content, new names on gear but much like the same before ^^.

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
feldon30

Fansite Staff

The worst thing they could do is itemize level 93-95 content to completely invalidate Skyshrine and Plane of War.

CoE should build upon the existing content, not eliminate any reason for running it.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
Geothe

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

The worst thing they could do is itemize level 93-95 content to completely invalidate Skyshrine and Plane of War.

CoE should build upon the existing content, not eliminate any reason for running it.

True.

Sadly, that wont be the case.  CoE will invalidate all of SS, just as SS invalidated all of DoV.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #19
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

True.

Sadly, that wont be the case.  CoE will invalidate all of SS, just as SS invalidated all of DoV.

I'm just hoping they don't invent yet another gating mechanic like critmit.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #20
EsohEMO

Scholar

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Crit mit is not a gating mechanic, it is just a tired old excuse. If that makes you feel better when you ask yourself why you are not killing anything then feel free to use it just don't label it incorrectly and misrepresent it to others.

EsohEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

EsohEMO wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Crit mit is not a gating mechanic, it is just a tired old excuse. If that makes you feel better when you ask yourself why you are not killing anything then feel free to use it just don't label it incorrectly and misrepresent it to others.

Currently critmit is 'nothing', since it doesn't exist.  It 'was' a gating mechanic and everyone admitted that.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
Koleg

Lord

feldon30 wrote:

Thee are Yellow mobs in POW now ... how exciting will it be to beat up on some Blue Bosses and take thier loots for muting.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

Thee are Yellow mobs in POW now ... how exciting will it be to beat up on some Blue Bosses and take thier loots for muting.

Totally as exciting as it's been for the last 8 xpacks.

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

Has anyone said how they managed to break passed the level 100 limit on mobs?

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #25
Koleg

Lord

Nobody said they did, or will.  Red>Orange>Yellow might be a thing of the past and honestly could be fixed with the correct buff package.  I wonder if they will start using that Agnostic code they put in DM and just name the mobs over 100; like .

Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #26
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

I agree, but the most logical path to doing so would mean CoE would not include a level increase, or if it did, it would be a single level.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #27
gourdon

Loremaster

Nobody said they did, or will.  Red>Orange>Yellow might be a thing of the past and honestly could be fixed with the correct buff package.  I wonder if they will start using that Agnostic code they put in DM and just name the mobs over 100; like .

I have seen over level 100 mobs in game already.  If you go into the instance for the teracotta quest on Mara, the teracotta warriors are no longer just level 100.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
Halo of G4

Loremaster

I think some people mistake what levels truely mean. Take a look at city guards and their levels + tier. They are all based off of level 50-70 mobs but over time had their levels adjusted to accomodate new level caps. However, while their levels have boosted, their stats/hp ect ect are all based off of old world mobs. I see people complaining from time to time about x2 mobs in neriak, but you can literally one shot them with less then heroic gear from DoV zones.

Almost every single raid trash and names have all been 8 levels higher since SF came out. Levels don't mean anything really, it all depends on their buffs/stats/hp/scripts ect ect. Same goes for gear as well, when you heard people say back in early 2011 "OH YOU'RE HANDING OUT LEGENDARY GEAR IN OVERLAND ZONES FOR EVERY MINOR  QUEST", like the title of it means anything rather then the stats. That Great Divide gear won't help you in Kael.

Added Raid Zone:

Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #29
Novusod

Loremaster

It is only a matter of time now before someone Solo's Nagafen.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #30
Mohee

Lord

Judging from the past...

The most likely scenario is Sleepers Tomb comes out, boss scripts so broken nobody can kill it. Broken/poor itemization even if you can kill something.

New expansion comes out, and the heroic zone gear is on par or better than PoW gear, people will farm new heroics, then do hardest new heroic zone for some sort of currency for faction gear, then do raid zones with poorly itemized level 95 gear that probably is 250+ stat stuff with 15-20% cb/pot, 75-90% crit, 3 white adorn slots per piece. People will be running around with 500+ crit chance for new raids, 400 cb/pot, raids mobs will require 10-15 mil raid wide dps for chance to be successful.

aaaaaannnnnddd......... GO!

oh, and mythicals will be raining down from the sky, but only if you pay SC per ticket to zone-in to the new solo instance! 

Only time will tell....

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote