EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
Kaitheel

Developer

Welcome to Kunark Ascending Beta!

Please post any and all bugs and feedback regarding the signature quests for this expansion within this thread.

When you are describing an issue, be sure to include:
  • Quest name
  • Quest giver's name
  • Quest journal text
That will help ensure that the issue will examined as soon as possible! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #2
Kaitheel

Developer

To start the Kunark Ascending signature quests it requires you:
  • Have access to Kunark Ascending
  • level 100 adventurer
  • Completed "Underdepths Saga: Chaos and Malice"
It is sent to you via in-game mail, or gained by speaking with Jerol in The Village of Shin.
You may find it useful to know that when this goes live, after one character on your account completes "Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil" (the first signature quest of the expansion) the rest of the characters on your account will have access to Obulus Frontier. They can still chose to accept "Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil" but they won't have to. This is similar to what we did for "The Siege of Zek: Rise of The Sanctifiers." The only difference will be that "Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil" also won't be required for any achievement.

Through the quest you'll find quite a few languages are needed, including Sathirian.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #3
Kelvani

• quest name: Kunark Ascending:Beyond the Veil
  • Quest givers name: Queen Alwenielle

Issue: We are told to gather blushing umbrite around the Penumbra Expansion or Aberrant Isle. These nodes are only viewable from certain angles. They disappear even when I am standing right on top of them if I just shift my viewpoint a little. My video card is a Nvidia GeForceGTX 960 and I am running on high settings with shadows and plants turned off. Hope this helps!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #4
ZUES

Please make all of Thalumbra have this Umbrite. This is ridiculous. I've been here for a half hour and have not even seen one.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
Elowith

No doubt I'm simply feeble, but unable to find anything to do that will activate the porter in the spire for beyond the veil.

Update I was being feeble, but the scroll is very very hard to see.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:58 PM   #6
Quigly

Options --------> Display ------> Model Detail --------> Level of Detail Bias to maximum will make these really easy to see. Hopefully they'll fix it or at a particle effect to make them more visible.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #7
Gaptia

It's difficult to see umbrite fragments. I have to be within 3 m to see them. They are not on track harvestables. The repop is nice.
Gaptia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #8
Keletha

So basically you have to complete the ToT signature quest in order to even access the new zone? Do you think this is a smart move to get back old players?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:50 PM   #9
Pitta

Issue:
Kunark Ascending: History In Stone
step: Inspect the rune-inscribed stone in Twark

There is no stone. Either that, or its extremely well hidden.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:52 PM   #10
Dabb

Ghosts Whisperer, need mobs to spawn faster for updates or make more areas to search for them
Old 10-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #11
Pitta

I think i found the stone. might need to speak goblish
Old 10-11-2016, 11:57 PM   #12
ZUES

Please increase spawn rate of Magma Elementals.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:13 AM   #13
Cheesenabber

Kunark Ascending: opportunity 'Noks: Need more Sel'noks or a much fast respawn. This is crazy, trying to kill enough. Though if it's too many/too fast it could cause trouble if they still spawn after the quest.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #14
Alenna

I agree.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:42 AM   #15
Canth

This. There are 10 people ringing the lava pool waiting for 1 spawn.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:44 AM   #16
Alenna

ok finished Kunark Ascending: opportunity 'Noks no Kunark Ascension sig quest in my journal anymore I'm looking at a dead quest giver with clicking on him does nothing I know you didn't want to give to many quest helpers but this is ridiculous
Old 10-12-2016, 12:45 AM   #17
Ellah

Just a minor typo in a quest reward dialogue, thought I should point it out for when you've. Handled the important stuff and are finishing the polish!
Quest is Kunark Ascending: Beyond the veil. Reward dialogue finishes with a sentence "I lost consciousness surrounded my mysterious Iksar troops", which I think should read surrounded *by* mysterious Iksar troops..
Old 10-12-2016, 01:07 AM   #18
Cheesenabber

The lady from NotD ( the one on the beach who loses her granddaughter EVERY YEAR) is in the caves near where Vaedenmoor zone marker is I think. She'll continute things. And the guards hanging around won't mind you so much anymore
Old 10-12-2016, 01:10 AM   #19
Dabb

Must have Draconic language to progress sig line
Old 10-12-2016, 01:15 AM   #20
Errrorr

Any chance the clicky items in the Spire zone could be made more obvious? Perhaps a bit of a glowing psrticle effect or similar. Lots of people found these in beta purely by others telling them or wasted lots of time with no real idea where to look.

Not got quest name or full zone name sorry as posting via phone, but it's the first quest zone after receiving mail.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:34 AM   #21
Alenna

noticed that do I need Sathirian language to get told to talk to her? I did see a npc saying something in sathirian I didnt' understand.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:35 AM   #22
Alenna

Have draconic on my toons.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 AM   #23
Gubbo

• quest name: Kunark Ascending:Beyond the Veil
  • Quest givers name: Queen Alwenielle
Do they need to be contested clicks? and not sure if this was intended, but they do not show up on track harvest.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 AM   #24
Alenna

oops meant ot say I don't have sathrian language do I need it get teh information on going to talk to here I noticed a npc was saying somthing in sathirian while I as near the quest giver.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:59 AM   #25
Canth

• Kunark Ascending: Ghost Whisperer
  • a nameless spirit
  • Destroy more magma elementals
The first magma elemental that spawns can lock onto someone else along with their magma elemental and you have to camp out to get the nameless spirit to talk to you again to re-spawn your magma elemental. I had to do this 3 times before I got mine to lock to me instead of someone else. Then you have to kill more that don't lock and those are rare spawns with a bunch of people jumping on them because everyone is now on the same step. Please fix.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #26
Elowith

The same thing most people post every beta - not enough of anything - the items to be collected, mobs to be killed. Getting stuck on a kill 10 magma guys for over an hour makes it hard to progress to say the least.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #27
stink

The first arcanna's spire part needs more explanation other than "get through it" Thankfully people were explaining you have to find a scroll, click podium, find shard, etc. A glowing area around that scroll would be helpful, i spent almost an hour looking for it.

Also had same problem with blushing umbrite as previous poster
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #28
Heck62

I think quest dialogues need to be a bit more informative since the removal of other clues.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #29
Maripop

• Quest name : Kunark Ascending: Forgotten Lands
  • Quest giver's name: Jierophant Prime Jarrakas
  • Quest journal text: I am to inspect an odd spire, somewhere in the mountain range above ......
So I have been to this spire, found it easily. I have taken the hit from the guard and gotten ported 10 times. I have tried to talk to everyone there upon getting back to the spire. Quest is not updating at all.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:40 PM   #30
Elowith

Idol Destruction (also littered along the pass) - objects needed are almost impossible to see and graphics makes them disappear. Any way they could show on track?