EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2016, 03:09 AM   #151
Kaitheel

Developer

After going over all of your posts on this subject, I've got to say that you are correct, Knotme. On Beta, due to how the quests were moved around and bugs were resolved, you can't get "Leader-Go-Seek" or "Changing of the Tides" from Celsyn Beileth, because you completed, "You Can Still Kill Count on Me." And your Nye'Caelona faction stops you from being offered "Insecticidal Mission Impossible."

The good news is that for players on live, they will reach the 30 quests due to "Leader-Go-Seek" and "Changing of the Tides" even without the repeatable faction quests. But for this issue on Beta... see your PMs.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:57 AM   #152
Oleg

All quest in obulos frontier made except "Damaged the trust". I cant do it because it requires not completing the Quest "Kunark Ascending: resurrection Machination"
Old 11-09-2016, 04:59 AM   #153
Canth

I guess I started the quest line at about the same time because I'm in exactly the same spot as Knotme. Took me 2 hours to figure that out yesterday because of the cryptic hints about what we might be missing. Frown

Also, I hope the exploration achievement gets fixed. I haven't seen an update note on it yet and the achievement hasn't started recording visited locations.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #154
Kaitheel

Developer

So... I'm going to fix the issue of not enough quests in Obulus Frontier (experienced by those of you who raised your Nye'Caelona faction above 10K) in a different way, which will impact live.
  • Insecticidal Mission Impossible - Quest is now available no matter how much faction you have with Nye'Caelona.
  • Insecticidal Mission Impossible - Awards Nye'Caelona faction if you have 9999 or less Nye'Caelona faction already.
  • You Can Still Kill Count on Me - Quest is now available no matter how much faction you have with Nye'Caelona.
  • You Can Still Kill Count on Me - Awards Nye'Caelona faction if you have 9999 or less Nye'Caelona faction already.
I don't know when this change will be on Beta, but it should be listed in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #155
Kaitheel

Developer

I've alerted the proper authorities.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #156
Kaitheel

Developer

You won't face this issue on live, but there is no way to correct it for you on Beta. The good news is that it isn't necessary to make the 30 quest achievement, (particularly after the fix I spoke about above goes in).

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #157
Kaitheel

Developer

*Hint* It's not an NPC.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #158
Kaitheel

Developer

You'll like that update then!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #159
Materfarmer

I have 31 quests completed in Obulus in my journal but the quests>acheivements only list me at 29. I'm sure it's because I was caught in between patches but in case it's a bug the character is Gorrdon if you'd like to look and see what might have caused the problem.
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #160
Alenna

hope it gets there soon I found out I could not get Insecticidal Mission Impossible which is the only quest besides the Toes teeth and death quest. i did not finish. managed to do the insecticidal mission before my factino got to high I guess btw I'm only showing 14000 faction with Nye Caelona
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #161
Alenna

who gives the Toes,Teeth and Death been all over obulus and can't find anyone except for the missions in the caves and the tradeskill dailies giving quests.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #162
Alenna

i think i'm one of those that might have been borked because my level 100 ranger as a level 100 woodworker got faction wiht Ney'caelona before even attempting to get it for the adventure side.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #163
Canth

Any idea when this might be happening? We've only got a few more days.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #164
Shmogre

Canth (and Alenna and others), if it's the 30-quest achievement (and the triumph that includes it), you aren't losing anything but testing time with the triumph reward; the reward is not one that is then claimable on live. You'll still be able to complete it when the expansion launches (even more reliably thanks to the testing and the bugs discovered), so no need to stress that it can't be done on beta.
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #165
Canth

I know that but we are raid testing and I'd like the item I will have in order to fully evaluate what raid will look like early on.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #166
Knotme

Does Happy Dance!! Thank you very much Kaitheel. Though there was no information on the update forum, it appears
that the faction requirement for the Nye'Caelona quests have been fixed so that we can now do quests that were denied us during normal play. I now have my 'Frontier Tamer' achievement and am extremely happy.