EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #31
Anatha

• Quest name - Parchment Preservation
  • Quest giver - Merith Iliqirelle
The luclinite clusters need to have a faster respawn timer on them. I am luckily the only one around working on this but I have to wait after I clear them all for them to respawn as there are 14 that are needed for the quest.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:04 PM   #32
Pitta

Quest: Idol Destruction
Giver: Disciple Zhazsze

The render distance for these is SUPER small. I measured it at 2 meters. Please increase
Old 10-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #33
Anatha

• Quest name - Insecticidal Mission Impossible
  • Quest giver - Sarafain Eillynn
Please add to the quest journal that this is a repeatable quest. It is just to earn faction.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:58 AM   #34
Kaitheel

Developer

That particular quest is marked repeatable. You may be confusing it with "Insecticidal Mission" which is the quest you get previously. "Insecticidal Mission" is not repeatable. The two quests are nearly the same, but by making a repeatable version and a non-repeatable you get more XP.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:04 AM   #35
Kaitheel

Developer

Yeah, that was clunky. I'll change it. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-14-2016, 07:04 AM   #36
Dabb

the spawn timer of the luclinite clusters could be shortened a bit
Old 10-14-2016, 07:07 AM   #37
Dabb

Merith is also falling in the geo
Old 10-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #38
Kelvani

I would like to add that I ran ALL OVER the second update, and due to my speed it never showed a text indicating I was at the right place. There was also no visual clue. I finally got a location given to me and when I SLOWLY approached the area I did see the whispers clue. It however did not update to clue 3 until I clicked the medallion. The third location was slightly easier to find.. as it was on the road and I now knew to walk to it.

Suggestion: add the same sort of sparkly light at the second and third update locations and give the text clue a larger range indicator.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #39
Cronyn

Developer

Ack, there should be. They have the same properties.

Okay, I'll take a look. You should absolutely be seeing a hud pop-up, and a sparkle effect at the location. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #40
Cronyn

Developer

This is getting addressed. While I'm okay with having to look to find the eggs, I don't want you to be blindly flailing to find them.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #41
Ansom

quest: Growth in an Arid Land
Step: Find an example of tenacious growth in grunt's pass

I was able to clic the little scorpion, the desert flower, but the little yellow straw tangle is not cliccable for me, any of them.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #42
Janoomi

Old 10-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #43
Kardath

quest : Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil
Giver: queen alwenielle

sub item 5: of this quest, caught by iksar slavers

I Got blown off the ship by a gush of wind from the rope and ended outside the ship and zone!
had to drown myself to get back into the brig
Old 10-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #44
Xianthia

Quest: Beyond the Veil
Comment: (on my fourth character in) Great change to the blushing umbrite. Thank you.
Just started the quest line on this character, right off that was a nice change to find. Have found more than just the one and very quickly. They seem plentiful (I'm only there with one other person as a reference).
Will watch respawns on next character through Tongue

Also! in the Arcanna'se Spire, page needed for podium also a nice change!
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #45
Maripop

Quest: Littered Along The Pass
I gathered all the items and tried to turn in but couldnt get it to turn in. I then relogged and still couldnt. I then deleted the quest and was unable to pick it back up. A friend tried sharing it but we got the error message: Unable to accept Littered Along the Pass while on Traders Among Us (even though traders among us was completed!)

So I saw this fix went in but I still cannot pick up Littered Along the Pass!

Can a GM/Dev go in my character and deleted the line so I can start it over?
Old 10-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #46
Maripop

Quest: Damage the Trust
Giver: Captain Tasthas

Issue/Feedback: There are some giants (the ones sitting and laying down) that will not update the quest.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:39 PM   #47
Ansom

Quest: You Can Still Kill Count on Me

After the last kill (was a iksar marauders), the quest It has disappeared without any clue, just... gone .The npc "Celsyn Beileth" was able to offer again the quest.

ps. pls increase the forest soil ratio drop for the quest "Growth in a arid land".

EDIT: on the first time the quest ask to kill pariah and an iksar abductor, now is exiles ad marauders
Old 10-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #48
Cronyn

Developer

I really appreciate that you found this particular bug, because it was a potentially breaking issue. The fix, however, makes it so that if you're completed Traders Among Us without first receiving Littered Along the Pass, you won't be able to pick up the latter. It's issues like this that helps us in the beta process (we don't want these kinds of bad bugs going live).

If I see you in beta I can grant it to you, if you'd still like to complete it. Smile Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #49
Maripop

I would LOVE that Smile I am a completionist <3
Old 10-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #50
Maripop

Quest: Insecticidal Mission Impossible
Q Giver: Sarafain Eillynn
Issues:
First the item isnt in the Q journal helper at that start, though this is easy to work around, find in inventory for first 3 updates then rest of quest its in the helper
Second is a discrepancy of where you need to go. The Journal's second step tells you to go to the "East Plot Section" but the update loc is -438, -78, -357 which is FAR on the WEST side of the gardens. Just noticed in doing the repeatable the overhead text when here also says East but it should be West.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #51
Xianthia

nice changes! No bugs (yet? Tongue )

Quest: Opportunity 'Noks
Quest giver: Trooper Sotek

It now feels like the infiltrators are trying to infiltrate, that's both respawn and the number of infiltrators. I was doing quest and saw two other people killing them, at no point was there a need for respawn. Will definitely help a lot when it goes live.

Quest: KA: Ghost Whisperer
Quest giver: iksar spirit

Again, nice respawn/availability for the elementals. Three others besides me killing and still was able to complete within a few minutes for all updates.

Related Comment - not sure if bug or actually being changed so folks are flagged for both TS and Adventure (guessing).
Different character - This time around, I finished the adventure side for The Frillik Tide and up to now, you finish and you get ported into the cave. That didn't happen, I got ported to the beach with chains on me. A moment later I got popup update for quest and then black screen and ported to the cave. This was on a character that only logged the adventure side of the quest line first, and completed the ship/porting portion.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #52
Kaitheel

Developer

There's a few more changes headed your way!
  • Growth in an Arid Land - Shaggycap moss can now be collected as necessary.
  • Insecticidal Mission - East plot is now properly named west plot.
  • Insecticidal Mission Impossible - East plot is now properly named west plot.
I don't know when these changes will be on Beta, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #53
Materfarmer

Growth in an Arid Land: Gather forest soil from the eastern side of Warslik's Woods.

Problem: I found one and only one. It is a very small brown circle that blends quite nicely with the other earth tone hues in the woods. As for the area description "eastern side.." is pretty darn vague. Perhaps something like "along the cliffs" or "near the river" etc with spawns in those corresponding areas
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #54
Yahku

Just a short general feedback. I am really reading the quest contents, all of them, at the moment, but most of them are not really helpful for solving the quest. It's okay for me not to have blue areas and marks on the map, but why the hell is every second quest-giver telling me, that he needs my help to collect/check/protect/kill something important, but then he does not tell me where to go? Okay, it's not necessary to give a detailled description, but something like "Search north-north-east of here" or "follow the path/river,... in that direction" would be very fine!
Old 10-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #55
Materfarmer

I agree with Yahku. Think of it logically if you tell someone to go get you something directions like "over near the center of town" are usually pretty crappy. Most of us say something like "on the corner of 5th and main by the red building". It's just common sense to tell a person pretty specific directions when asking them to retrieve an item for you.
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #56
Azeren

• Quest: Case of the Missing Headpiece
  • NPC: Thaalia Faerel
When I turned in the first part of the quest (giving the "Aerdaerys case I recovered from the goblins back to Thaalia Faerel") I updated the quest, but the dialogue from the NPC didn't include what to get for the next part of the quest. The NPC said "Gather __ for me from the Nye'Caelona Gardens for the spell." (just blank underscores, no item was listed) The good thing is the quest journal/helper still displays that I need crystal geodes.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 PM   #57
Kaitheel

Developer

Are you referring to NPC dialog, when they offer the quest, or to the quest journals, or both?

We've definitely been trying to improve on this, for example, I've made some very recent changes for many of the signature quests that were vague or confusing.

Are there any specific quests, or steps of a quest, you thought could use more direction?

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-15-2016, 12:09 AM   #58
Yahku

I am referring to both. It is more extreme in the dialogs, but quest journal information is often something like an area description. The Area's name, e.g. "Giants Walk, Gardens of Nve'Caelona" is not helpful without the direction information, because the player/character is a stranger in these lands, especially when accepting the first quests for another area.

Some quests are even more extreme, as an example the quest "[100] Giant Impressment Effort(Heroic)" tells me in the Journal:
"I should search out in Obulus Frontier for the items i Need to make Chaarix's vapor." - which just references the whole overland zone.

Sure, some quests contain this searching as the crucial part. But for most of these quests, the NPC's seem to know the target but just don't tell the player/character.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:59 AM   #59
Dabb

[IMG]
weird geo
Old 10-15-2016, 08:17 AM   #60
Ansom

Quest: Case of the missing headpiece
step: gather khalee'sri crystal geodes

The "a garden geode" don't have the "kill" flag.