EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
Wurm

I have been sitting on the roof of the pavilion for over 10 mins now without a Obulus Remnant in sight, Only Goblins.

Do we have to kill the goblins to make them spawn? I don't remember this happening the first two times I did this quest.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
Wurm

I got tired of waiting and killed the goblins, instead of the Remnants, a Kly Lookout for the time quest spawned, now the whole area is empty of both goblins and remnants because of the timed quest.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
Iglu

Maybe Ghost don't like the day light ? Try after 8pm in game time.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #4
Lojaak

But that's silly if that's the limitations on this quest. This is required for the sig line and will be farmed, plus people are in the area doing the treasure hunt quest. There is going to be a massive battle on live to get this quest completed.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:20 AM   #5
Iglu

It makes sense when you consider the connection to the timed quest/event a "Treasure Hunt: A Goblin Nightmare".

I agree that there will be a bit of contention on the ghost however the re-spawn rate seemed good as there were 4 of us chasing the same mob when I was there and I did not feel that I was missing out on the mobs.

There will be queuing on everything day one no matter what the devs do or don't do.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #6
Wurm

It was close to 1am in game time.

And the time of the day never mattered before there was always ghosts up mixed with the goblins.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #7
Wurm

So its now 10:30 pm in game, 1 remnant which I killed which spawned the lookouts and gave me the timed quest. now waiting 20 mins (sigh) to see if they go away and the right mobs spawn.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #8
Wurm

[IMG]

Those are all lookouts

and lol by the time the timed quest is over it will be morning again in game.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #9
Wurm

Yep the quest ended and its now 6:30 am in game and the goblins are back.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #10
Wurm

Every single remnant you kill offers the timed quest and if you accidently say yes you are screwed.

Maybe put one or two lookouts out there that someone can shoot IF they want to do the timed quest?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #11
Iglu

The issue is going to be that at this stage you need to complete both quests there to advance what I call the overland quest line.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:48 PM   #12
Kaitheel

Developer

I can certainly see where it was adding unnecessary frustration and confusion. So, that'll be changed. They will no longer offer the timed quest while you are on this one. Thanks for the report!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #13
Wurm

My suggestion it to make it first available after the player has finished the signature quest. Because the second step to the last of the signature quest has you down there killing them again.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:48 PM   #14
Elowith

PLEASE don't use limited number of part-time spawns on both the signature and some timed quest. It took me 3 'nights' on the penultimate day of beta to get the kills needed - I can't imagine what a horrid mess it will be when people are trying to do their signature quests. Please, please take the timed quest away at least.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #15
Kaitheel

Developer

Chrol understood your concern. Not only does the timed quest not trigger for those on either sig quest or Case of the Missing Headpiece, but he also added over 20+ more of the Remnants. This will help a lot!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote