EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #91
Chrol

Developer

The Frillik Tide will be optional. See Kander's post here.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #92
Shmogre

I'm getting a "no permission" message on that link, Chrol. Are ogres not allowed in?
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #93
Chrol

Developer

In case anyone can't click the link, here's what Kander posted:

"We are taking measures to make the boat experience optional for the signature quest line. The boat will however be required to earn end expansion triumphs and best in slot loot.

We want to assure that the majority of the expansion is not gated to those who simply cannot or will not do the boat experience."
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #94
Grouse

OK--Dummy time here. How is a large, barbarian monk supposed to "crouch". There isn't a /crouch command and she doesn't have any stealth capabilities. I even toggled "crouching tiger" to see if that would help.

Shift-C (mentioned above) opens the Character window, but low and behold, "z" works! I've been playing since EQII beta and don't ever remember needing/using that option. Not sure how you can add a clue for the clueless, like me, but it might be helpful.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #95
Shmogre

Yeah, my first instinct was /crouch as well. When that didn't work, I went into my keymappings in Options and found "z". Chrol, maybe /crouch could be added as a way to toggle crouching as well? I know messing with code isn't that simple, but it might help make it more straightforward and less reliant on people's keymappings?
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #96
Noctew

I think it used to be C or Shift-C until The Great Keymap Change several years ago when it was moved to Z to free C for character which used to be I for inventory...or something like that. But the crouch mechanic has been used several times in recent expansions. Highkeep for example where you have to duck behind a counter so AEs won't hit you or one of the Kralet zones where you have to keep your head below a poison cloud created by the boss mob.

But I agree, crouch should be more obvious. It could for example be put in the Abilities section along with the Walk/Run toggle.
Noctew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:42 PM   #97
Lojaak

Just copied over to start my Beta experience, and I found the Frillik Tide a lot of fun! Bit frustrated in the middle as I kept getting caught, but I was rushing and not watching what I was doing. When I focused and did everything correctly, it went really well.

Few cosmetic issues though - When I came out of crate disguise by cancelling the buff from the maintained spells window, and also when you are on the ziplines, I found that all of my armor was visible. I had no illusions on (I always disable them), but I do wear appearance armor. The rest of the time my character was correctly down to no armor. Character is copied over as Lojainx.

Additionally, on one of the /say hints, there is no period or other punctuation when the character says about creating a distraction. I think the text is something like "Too many slavers I'll have to create a distraction" - there should be at least a comma in there, if not a period.