EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #61
Kiah
Server: Oasis

General

/pouts !

Kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #62
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Perhaps ask someone on your server if they have an extra mirror they don't need?

Here are a few more uses I've made for the mirrors besides the "cliche" fish tanks. I did make shower doors for my inquisitor as well, but I had to deconstruct her shower to replace her wooden maze with a glass maze. I'll post pics of the shower when I reconstruct it.

The magic door got a face lift. Good thing too because, by itself, it looks like someone stole it from an outhouse.

And Sapph redid her fishtank with the mirrors because the mystic mirrors distorted the contents of the tank too much. The vampiric mirrors really made the feature look natural to the living room and added that extra pizzaz that I'd been looking for.

Suyin's Training Room got a face lift with the resizing changes. Amongst the face lift, her shojo screen that divided her garden from the exercise platform was replaced with steamy glass windows.

And here is Shikaeshi's newly reconstructed maze. In the front will be snowglobe stairs leading up to the floating lofts she had previously. In the center of the maze will be a comfortable atrium for lost visitors to relax. This was 55 mirrors in all, and Scurray was a HUGE help in acquiring a few of the those mirrors. Time was running out, and I got help from Lella, Scurray, and Vilnius to get a few more mirrors to finish this concept out.

And here's how the maze would look to someone visiting it.

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #63
Kahlef

Loremaster

Ok, Sapphirius you win the trophy of the most insane number of mirrors.

Also I can already see myself getting lost on your maze.

Kahlef and a few others - Pirates - Crushbone server

My house designs
Kahlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #64
Sapphirius

Loremaster

/cackle

It took me 30 minutes to get each mirror including travel time, of which I discovered that it takes the same amount of time to take the carpet to Sinking Sands and then to Timorous Deep and then the griffon to Butcherblock as it did to just go to Nektulos and wait for the boat. Needless to say, during the Halloween event, I wasn't a very active beta participant. /blush

Sapphirius did the Haunted House quest 4 times. Suyin did it 5 times. Tenmou did it twice, and Shikaeshi... did that stupid quest 46 times (give or take a few). The good news is that the maze looks awesome, and Kaeshi went from level 44 to level 52 doing it. I must say, she's one sexah fairy in cobalt armor. /strut

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #65
Kiah
Server: Oasis

General

I love the maze. I was able to get my hands on one mirror! yay!

Kiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #66
Krugus

Loremaster

Same here Sapphirius.  I did the Haunted House 65 times.  I have 52 in my house and 13 in my guild hall.  I was like a zombie when it came to needing more Mirror's!  Must... get... more... mirrors!!!  Now alas they are gone and I can't get any more (yes I wanted more but I can only stand to do the haunted house so many times in a day before going crazy)..

Krugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 AM   #67
SilkenKidden

Loremaster

Wow.  All of those creations are beautiful.  I'm so sorry Halloween is over now.  I only got one of the mirrors and now I want at least six.  I hope it drops next year. 

SilkenKidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #68
Eldoris
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Solaris Society

Loremaster

I only went after seven mirrors and that was bad enough but to go after so many mirrors........... I cannot even imagine!!   However, that maze is just phenomenal !!!  Can't wait to see the finished area with stairs and atrium.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #69
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Your wish is my command. I've edited my earlier post to show the stairs and atrium, but it's easier to see without the top floor above it, so there it is in x-ray vision (without the top floor).

Old 11-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #70
Llanna

Loremaster

Wow, 50-60 mirrors  Sapphirius's maze and Krugus's place both look incredible though ! Fun to see all the different ways people used this unique item. This is what I made with mine.  

" />

Located in the Crimson Dragons guild hall on Mistmoore. 

Old 11-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #71
Wolfette
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Crimson Dragons

Loremaster

here is my take on the fish tank

Wolfette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #72
Kahlef

Loremaster

I only have one word to say about Llanna's and Wolfette's works: beautiful.

My house designs
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #73
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Awesome fishtank. Now, I want more mirrors. SMILEY

Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #74
Kahlef

Loremaster

Me too.

My house designs
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #75
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Sapphirius wrote:

/cackle

It took me 30 minutes to get each mirror including travel time, of which I discovered that it takes the same amount of time to take the carpet to Sinking Sands and then to Timorous Deep and then the griffon to Butcherblock as it did to just go to Nektulos and wait for the boat. Needless to say, during the Halloween event, I wasn't a very active beta participant. /blush

Yeah you are officially insane SMILEY I did the mirror once per toon of mine which was like 10. had to do it enough times to get all my babies the L&L books and each reward, was too tired to farm it hehe.

People traveling to SS and here and there and zone and zone and zone to get anywhere are baffling me.... go to any open guild hall, borrow their druid ring to steamfont if you're going to LP. Most guilds have the druid ring set for all to use. I don't consider it rude, if they cared they'd lock it to guildies only SMILEY. If you feel guilty doing it mail them some gold or an item or just say thank you. My guild wasn't 70 till a few weeks ago (victims of several guilds that died off after rok so we started over a few months ago) so I borrowed other friend's halls till we did.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #76
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Open guild halls in Neriak with a druid portal have been refreshingly rare. SMILEY

Believe me, when I chose this way, the only way shorter would have been to get a wizard or warlock in Neriak to portal me to GFay because I'd tried nearly every other way already. For some reason, a lot of people don't seem to like hanging around in Neriak. It must be the lag.

As a side note, I've never denied that I was crazy. Well, OK, you ratted me out. A few times I've stated that I was perfectly normal and that everyone else was crazy. TeeHee!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #77
Darkwin

General

There are two typs of mirrors vampiric mirror and whispy vampiric mirror..... the whispy one you can walk through the vampiric one you cant

I did this quest around nine or ten times and chose the scroll every time to make numerous mirrors and put them together in a mirror maze in which only some of the mirrors can be walked through and some cant.

House address if anyone cares in 7 compasion road northfreeport on the permafrost server name on the house is Darkwinds. The house isn't dont yet, but you get the idea on the different mirrors in the maze.

Darkwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #78
Berga
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Darkness and Light

Loremaster

I've had fun with the Vampiric Mirrors. This is just an example of how I like to use them. Diablerie's entire house can be viewed at http://bauble.weebly.com/diableries-house.html . I've also used them for enclosures for a tub because the misty effect can also be steam.

This is the view on entry to Diablerie's Chamber in Timorous Heights on LDL.

This is another view

~Eclipse for Darkness and Light~

Interior Design By Bauble

Crushbone Server

http://bauble.weebly.com
Berga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #79
Joie
Server: Guk
Guild: Jaggedpine Defenders

Loremaster

Sorry my photos of Castle Frightwolf did not show up...

I have a lovely maze made with the vampiric mirrors (and a few of the wispies).  They work excellently ~ please go take a look.

Joie's Manor

5 Erollisi Lane

SQ, Guk server

Joie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #80
Enna

Loremaster

They also make good Refrigerator doors in combination with the Icy Keep ice-bookshelf... add a gear or a Maj`Dul door-knocker, and you're set! =)

This picture would be one example, though that angle shows some placement "oops" for the contents of the 'fridge, it gives the general idea. *grins*

I have also used them for shower doors...