EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Elowith

I know that DBG is short-staffed and tradeskill development has taken a hit. Certainly the majority of the players are more affected by adventuring, and the quests and zones have shown terrific improvement over the weeks of beta. It is clear that not all the work on the recipes/products is finished, and certainly not the tradeskill quest line. I know, for example, that as of yesterday (things do change without posting) matron's cobbler auto consume is not working, there is no rare drink equivalent, arrows are not impressive compared to KA, heals at the expert level do less than grandmasters of the previous tier (while damage spells do a bit more), and no doubt there are issues in most of the other crafter's books. It is hard to imagine that the quest line will be completed and bug-free in a week without ever hitting beta for testing.

I, for one, would like to request that attention be first given to the recipes so that they are complete and correct for launch. I would also like to beg that the quest line, when ready, be put on test or a re-opened beta for 24 hours so that it isn't put into live with potential horrible bugs.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #2
Alenna

and rethink this thing about the guild harvestors, harvesting ponies and Goblins. it woujldnt' have been so bad if you had kept the material used the same as previous tiers but you have us use 100-200% more. we will still harvest while waiting for the questline to get the rares needed. oh and do the logical thing about the ammo and food recipe yields please.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
Mermut

For reasons they've declined to share with us, the decision seems to have been made to make crafting (and harvesting) a 'competitive' exercise this expac... they WANT common mats to be 'rare' enough that they're 'worth enough' to make brokering them a profitable endeavor for those who don't tradeskill. Frown
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:41 AM   #4
Kyrieath

All I can say is that if they stick with this idea of it being 'competitive': I hope they change one thing about the nodes and make it so you have to be a 101 TS + 500 skill in whatever harvesting is necessary to gather them. It won't stop all of the less pleasant adventurers from trying to rip tradeskillers off, but it'll at least keep the lazier ones who can't be bothered to raise TS & harvesting skills from trying to take us to the cleaners.

I know it's not a perfect solution since there's always the market players who'll grab cheaper stuff to resell higher, but at least the base source would be a little harder to get a hold of for non-tradeskillers. The biggest hit this idea would have would be to guilds who have a lot of non-TSing gatherers to assist their tradeskillers.