EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Realmling

The Quiet Type

I have some EQ2 themed house packs planned, and just wanted to know how something like mirrors and lamps might be handled?

Should I scrap those items and plan out something else in their place instead? I'm not looking to create extra work for someone, which I would be doing as I have no way to make the lamps glow or the mirrors reflect since that's done in game.

I mean, I can do a vanity table without a mirror and people could just use an existing one. Cept it may not always match up very well... and I'm picky enough that it would drive me nuts. 

Realmling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
feldon30

SOE Community Council

You can submit items and ask for things to be added to them, such as a mirror surface or for the item to emanate light.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Realmling

The Quiet Type

*digs her scribbles back out of the "later" pile*

That makes me feel better ... if they're allowing for the extras to be included.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Covic

Developer

We can tweak things some but assets that are ready to go with less art time on our end will usually have a better chance of getting accepted.  Our environment lead and particle effects guy have done some great additions to some items in the house item catagory that will help them sell.  But once the work on our end becomes significantly more then the submitting artist, then the item submitted does not become a good production choice for us.

Dave

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Realmling

The Quiet Type

Is there anything special one would need to do then in object prep to get something ready to go to make it a glowing lamp or reflective mirror? Or just make sure one dots their Is and crosses their Ts modeling, mapping and texturing?

I'm fine working around the bits someone else would have to do and just not make lamps or anything that would need a mirror surface, because I'd rather have fun modeling up stuff than making extra work for you guys.

Edit - I'm pretty sure we don't want glowing laps...

Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Covic wrote:

We can tweak things some but assets that are ready to go with less art time on our end will usually have a better chance of getting accepted.  Our environment lead and particle effects guy have done some great additions to some items in the house item catagory that will help them sell.  But once the work on our end becomes significantly more then the submitting artist, then the item submitted does not become a good production choice for us.

Dave

So.... we need a way to tag certain surfaces to use EQ2 particle and lighting systems. SMILEY

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote