EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #61
Fyreflyte

Developer

The instances currently aren't saving because no loot is dropping. They'll save properly when they go live.
In the meantime, I should be able to get some script in that will force the zone to save.

Thanks for the feedback!
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:09 PM   #62
Fyreflyte

Developer

Thanks for all of the detailed info - this helps. The main stuff I look at in ACT logs is how much dps you and your merc were putting out, and how hard the NPC was hitting with various attacks (not really shown here, but I can get a general idea from the shots you posted).
Due to the early stage of quest progression, I'll be significantly reducing the scripted difficulty of the Effigy encounter in the [Solo] dungeon. He'll likely retain his current difficulty in the Advanced Solo, however, as you'll be able to build up your gear to defeat that one.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #63
Loredena

Wonderful! It's an interesting fight, and quite doable as a true duo - but 45 minutes to do it with my merc means I will stay away. It seems reasonable to me to keep it as is for the Adv Solo though, with 3-5 more levels and improved gear to help.
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #64
Adegx

Make them drop fabled lvl 100 cookies or something silly. Just dont like having to redo a zone on crash.
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #65
Borb

i ran through the solo version last night and had no problems, thought it was a fun zone to go through. wasnt too difficult for me, felt like a good solo zone. unlike the solo brokenskull zone.
Borb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #66
Borb

ive not ran this zone just yet, however an idea of what you could do would be to make him unattackable until the dinos were killed. and to solve the issue of players just walking past him, throw up an invisible barrier that we cannot pass until he has been killed. would solve both problems, not sure how hard this would be to implement though.
Borb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #67
Kraeref

what kind of object, could I get a hint please. Got stuck without an exit after defeating Effigy (solo) Thanks!
Kraeref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #68
Fyreflyte

Developer

Has not made it into the Beta build yet. You'll see a release note when it has. Sorry for the delay =(
Old 10-22-2014, 01:58 AM   #69
Kraeref

OMG! How to get out then cannot find any exits? Help Help Please!!! Smile
Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 AM   #70
Fyreflyte

Developer

Recall or run back to the door at the entrance. I'll try to get the proper exit added soon.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 AM   #71
Kraeref

Never mind please for now Used a call home Smile
Old 10-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #72
Kraeref

The zone is very nice built and it seems the difficulty of fights is about right. I will also try advanced solo and leave a feedback. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #73
ThreeBeastSmile

Zavith'Loa: Hidden Caldera [Solo]

Totally superficial here. On the first named that summons the fliers, when they are killed they just freeze in whatever position they were previously in prior to dying. Looked a little funky.
ThreeBeastSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #74
Niami DenMother

Zavith'loa: Hidden Caldera [Solo]

When I zoned in today, it dumped me down on the "ground" - there was no entrance/exit, there were no mobs to fight, and I kept running through "pools" that looked like water, but were empty air ... I took falling damage several times trying to cross them. Once I realized that something was horribly askew, I tried an evac before I did a full port home, and I ended up, up "top", with the entrance/exit beside me, and aggro lizards in front of me.

Translation: it dumped me lower in the zone than I should have been, for no apparent reason, so it won't be easy to duplicate. Evac got me where I needed to be and I progressed through the quest just fine.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #75
Nesissa

Alright, I give.
Yesterday I tried Zavith'loa: The Hidden Caldera (Solo). Aside from being tired and making (admittedly) stupid, tired, mistakes, I actually was getting somewhere with the first boss. Game booted me, so I called it, since the instance wasn't saved. The trash mobs up till that boss were more difficult, but very doable for my not raid geared conj and monk merc.

Today is another story completely, trash mobs were crazy easy, but can't even spend 20secs on the first boss before dying. I get that I need to take out the adds as they pop, but they are spawning on top of each other, lastnight I had a bit of a break between them. My merc is no longer healing himself, and I'm getting stunned out of my gourd here. My combat log is showing me taking virtually zero dmg, yet I seem to constantly have a DOT on me that isn't showing up as a curse or anything.

EVERYONE else is commenting on how easy-peasy this instance is, so obviously I'm missing something. Would definitely appreciate some constructive advice. thanks!
Nesissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #76
Leonitas

i'm in a similar boat. i passed on tov so im a 100 buffed zerk in mostly mc, with the still unadjusted 250k perrin merc. trash was no problem, but the pterotrainer whooped up on us. i tried focusing on the named and burning him my first death, but spent most of it stunned. i revived and focused on the adds, but couldn't burn them fast enough as he was calling new ones literally every 2-5 seconds, i imagine. Spent it stunned until death again, so i called it a night. Guess i will see if tov zones are open and look for these purple anti stun/stifle adorns i read about. Too tough imo if this is only the 2nd solo zone. Shouldn't be this tough on a 100 in mc. I'm hoping the mercs get beefed up before launch, but at least Perrin wasn't getting 2-3 shotted by trash like he was with the pirates.
Leonitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #77
Kalika

Those runes are priest only (mage too i believe). For tank there is a war rune that gives you 50% chance to resist almost anything.

See oliver for gear, it's not as good as tov potent but it's decent and much better than the level 95 mc you may have.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 AM   #78
Kalika

Try anti-stun war rune, got no issue with necro but since the content change all the time it may be much harder now than some days ago, I don't remember add coming fast ... I had some time between pops.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #79
Achirin

I posted a bug report on Pterotrainer Yu'Lua with the exact numbers but in 47 seconds he did something like 34 attacks. The first fight his first 2 came 2 seconds apart and then 1 attack every second until I was dead. 66.5k average damage. Second fight I stone skinned and made it much further but as soon as my stone skin wore off I was dead. At one point I think he had 10+ seconds of 1 attack per second (fortunately all dodged due to stone skin). This was on a 96 Bruiser in potent/arcane/other gear, using Stampers as my merc.

Quest line gear up to this point has been worse than my ungemmed potent so have not swapped out a whole lot.
Achirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #80
Bane

As a tank geared SK at 100, I also have alot of trouble with Pterotrainer Yu'Lua. The beginning isn't that bad, standard tank and spank, but once the adds start coming, the fight gets a bit...silly. The adds do a screech that stifles all your abilites (except auto-attack). You then have to run out of the range of the add to remove the effect, although there is no visual to give you any clue where you need to be, so you run and guess, run and guess. Meanwhile, you're not being healed and not doing damage. After making all of the new plate gear from TS armorsmithing, it gets my health upto 650kish. This is the only thing that is making the fight last very long, and not that long in some instances. I know my dps is apparently woefully low, but I don't quite have my answer on how to increase that, yet.

Installed ACT after the first 8-10 runs on him, here's what I think is the info you're looking for:
NAME STARTTIME DURATION DAMAGE DAMAGE% ENCDPS ENCHPS
Moredhil 10:58:59 PM 01:37 15,475,914 85% 68,216.46 19,739.45
Pterotrainer Yu'lua 10:59:01 PM 01:29 3,072,952 -- 33,401.65 1.16
Perrin Wanderhoof 10:59:03 PM 01:24 2,700,345 14% 29,351.58 10,494.37
a trained pterrorsaur 10:59:16 PM 01:15 720,128 -- 7,827.48 0.00

NAME DAMAGETAKEN DEATHS FCRITHIT%
Moredhil 3,428,914 1 100%
Pterotrainer Yu'lua 16,195,107 0 NaN
Perrin Wanderhoof 364,166 1 100%
a trained pterrorsaur 1,981,152 0 NaN
(Blah, had this all lined up for formating, it removes all the spacing)
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #81
Fyreflyte

Developer

Boss autoattack damage in the Solo dungeons has been toned down across the board, and we're working on making some of the scripting and abilities less punishing. The Advanced Solo instances, however, are being left a bit more difficult.
In the case of the Pterotrainer, he was using a stacking dot that was not intended to be stacking (though it was dispellable). I replaced that in the Solo version with a straight, non-stacking DD. I also toned down The Fiery Effigy quite a bit. Those changes should be in tomorrow or Wednesday.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #82
Nesissa

Still having an issue with adds spawning on top of each other for the first fight. After the first 2 spawn, they start spawning 5 secs apart, the most I've had up at a time were 3. Thanks to Kalika's suggestion of the war-runes I'm able to get the boss down to about 25%. But honestly, at the rate I'm curing the dots and working on the adds, I'm not even touching the boss between 75% and that 25%. I annoy my husband with how proficient I am at multi-tasking, but this fight is just a bit much for a lvl 96 conj.
Nesissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #83
Bane

Yes, the red circle is where the new pterodactyl was going to come down, so if it is around you, you move. But after they are down, when they do the screech, there was no indicator that showed you where to move out of it to remove the stifle debuff. Or was there another circle you were seeing? I have all my settings on high, so I am hoping that I'm not missing a visual indicator for it.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #84
Kalika

Since my toons are all immune i never noticed the red circle before (may be it was added recently), was hoping going away would prvent stun/stiffle.

You may try with a signet. I remember carrying quite many of them in the old days.

Atan mentionned that now they stack, morever you can reset the 7mn by changing your AA to one profile with the dragon-pvp reset end line. Used one last Vyeem, we had no AOE block, my necro was the only mage not dying on pull (ishe was in corner), on second AOE i had my signet then he was dead.

The signet last quite long, one cover stun and other stiffle, probably one cover fear etc ....
You also have mana, heal and aoe prevent + AOE rez.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #85
Kalika

I saw a red circle
Old 10-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #86
Dmack

Glad to see I was not the only one hehe.

I don't know if things have changed since Sunday but my SK could not kill the adds fast enough. Ever time I killed one another 2 had spawned. Boss was hitting for 80K+. I got the Boss to 75% and evac because I could see this was going nowhere.

Not going to run these instances anyway because I hate long boring fights.
Dmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #87
Leonitas

am in mostly aom mc. how do i get war runes tho if we cant get into tov? Wink im thru that long ago tho, workin on ssszathherashha temple or w/e Wink
Leonitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #88
Kalika

Ask around you may find someone able to craft those runes, in such case probably from a large guild.

You will HATE priests ....

Lazy Fury 95 decided to ignore the Pteromaster and went to Behemot ... When she attaqued Ptero-dude came (he ported instantly ???) ... She decided to back off to try to reset Behemot .... when she was back to Ptero place there was like 4-5 little birdies .. tried to kill them while curing/healing ... but saw Petromaster getting low and decided to burn him ;-)

Birdies kept fighting a bit after master died.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #89
Ranga

Zavith'loa: The Hidden Caldera [Advanced Solo]

Ran this zone with Perrin this morning. lvl 100 coercer with overcharged everything and some current raid loot.

Trash a little easy to kill.

First boss easy, no real strat just burn and kill his pet. I want to charm the pet, let me have it pls.

Could find no use for Defiling the Effigy. Perhaps that is for the heroic zone? Haven't tried that yet.

Last boss, OK killed on second try, not too difficult.

Overall, great zone even if it is slightly reminiscent of the Bone zones from last expac, visuals are great, not much trash in there, probably about right really.

No loot yet so I couldn't make a call on that.

If you jump or fall to the cavern floor, I can find no way back up (the cavern in huge and the graphics at floor level are really good), there is no way I can find to get back up so it would have to ba evac or CoV. Scratch that you can get back up but its a long way Smile

Water at the bottom of the cavern is so clear, you cannot tell that it's water.

No portal at the end of the zone to zone out.
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #90
Sisca

So level 100 in ToV raid gear no problems.

Please don't run the solo/advanced solo zones at 100 in raid gear and say they're easy. It's not helpful. Try switching that raid gear for the crafted from the buffer and let me know how it goes.

As for defiling the effigy it stops the lava flow that's blocking the bridge to the next part of the zone.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote