EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Fyreflyte

Developer

Hello beta testers! In this thread, I am looking for feedback on the difficulty of NPCs found in our overland zones and [Solo] flagged dungeons. Any feedback you have will help us, but the more specific, the better. If you feel an NPC is too hard or too easy, let us know why: too many hitpoints, too little melee damage, an ability that 1-shots you, etc. Please also specify your class and the level of gear you were testing in.

Thank you for helping us out!
Fyreflyte
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Javos

Running Broken Skull Bilge Solo, first couple pirates seemed normal (the ones on the ships at zone in), but the first "a Bloodskull Pirate" I came across, up the ramp directly in front of zone in, had an unbelievable amount of health. The "a chest of booty" right after that was fine for a solo dungeon. I'm running my channeler in my signature here, wearing almost all fully gemmed Potent, ethereal, fabled, and legendary accessories, same as my EQ2u current gear list. More to follow as I progress...

Edit: Seems like all the "a Brokenskull Pirate" mobs have the massive health, have run in to 2 so far.

Edit2: Ran in to "a Brokenskull pirate lookout" up the ramps con'd as a triple up, but definitely isn't. there was a second one of these further up the ramps.
Javos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
Gninja

Developer

Will review all those buff packages. Sorry about that!
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #4
mitsybitsy

Just run The Zavith'loa: The Hidden Caldera [solo]

this zone is pretty much spot on had no problems at all.
Last named was easy to figure out once you looked at his buff before the pull explains itself pretty well.

took 10 mins to kite him round and kill but this will become faster and easier once in new gear.

GJ to all
mitsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Javos

In summary, not too difficult of an instance. I could see a couple of the names causing some pain depending on class, but all in all about right for a solo in my opinion. Ran in to 6 wandering "a Brokenskull pirate lookout" mobs shown as triple ups, but should probably be marked as double ups or less. Ran in to 2 "a Brokenskull Pirate" mobs that seemed to have an abnormally high amount of health, they actually took longer to kill then the fake triple-ups. None of the names showed stars for AA, not sure if they were supposed to or not. No loot, but I think I heard that wasn't being tested yet, maybe. The only thing I think I would complain about, which wasn't really an issue for me, but, the adds that some of the names spawn are level 104 so are red to a 95, which I thought was the level the regular Solos were designed for.

Gninja: No need to apologize, this is what beta is for Smile
Javos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
Borb

the DoT (tainted soul) that the twisted far seas crew members use, seem to be way over powered for being solo mobs, i have a healer merc with me and he doesnt get a chance to cure it off me, as i am dead by the time he casts a healing spell. i have 421k hp with an arcane resist of 65k. the dot is hitting me for over 65k per time it ticks.
Borb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #7
Marq

altho you can stun the solo mobs, it looks very out of place to get hit for 300-500k by skullsmash from the hominids or 250k initial and 60-70k rapid ticks off tainted soul from the far seas dudes like said above (didnt seem to be able to cure it either potted). Didnt see this happen yesterday, so was it just changed today?

and this is in half raid and green gemmed gear scout. Merc seems totally useless since it doesnt cast before the treshhold hp and you're practically dead at that point.

seems very excessive for a starter spot damage amount.
Marq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
Borb

i was just going to post about the skullsmash. i got one shot with it a couple of times
Borb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #9
Lodrelhai

Same here. Yesterday I was holding my own against twisted Far Seas crew members, today I'm being flattened. Quick scan of my combat seems to show that all damage is coming from Tainted Soul (magic dmg).

edit: I should say my character is technically undergeared, since target for this xpac is out of ToV, and Kariah's still working through Cobalt Scar (on hold for adventuring xp with the new xpac). Still, she was doing fine yesterday, and the only thing hitting her is Tainted Soul.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
FriggaWitch

Greetings,
Well iI don't know what happened after the last patch but the mobs in the graveyard are way op I was killing them yesterday but tonight they were one hitting me strangely enuff they did not damage my merc.There is no wayto solo this area around the dig site anymore geez and yikes it hurts but no so good.Smile
Forgot lvl 95 Arcane armor 8383 mit., elem.66k, nox 65k arcane 65k 725 crit 418 CB 400k hp+/_
Merc used: Perrin Wanderhoof
FriggaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #11
Lodrelhai

Not difficulty, but certainly strange behavior. On the Isle of Refuge at about 1041.75, 15.53, 913.69 there's 20 or so grimlings of various types standing and staring at the hill
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #12
Fyreflyte

Developer

All the feedback indicated everything was too easy, so we figured making every ability 1-shot would add a sense of danger to your solo experience!

What actually happened was we were in the middle of tuning both the NPC abilities and the buffs used by those NPCs and we pushed the changes just a bit too far apart such that only half of them made it into the current build. We've corrected the issue, and you should no longer get dunked on after the next update. We can also manually push those changes up to individual Beta zones, though they'll revert if the zones crash or a new instance of the zone opens up. We'll try to keep them updated in the overlands as much as possible until the next build.

This same update also contained changes to NPC melee damage, so please keep an eye on that and let me know if anything appears to be dealing inordinately high or low damage with their standard attacks.

Thanks!
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 AM   #13
ElectricPotato

Ossuary resonance of malice (solo) big skeleton golems have a TON of hp. mercenary feeling useless, pulse damage/dots has been slaying mercs in like 7s on bosses, or more quickly. took a 7.2 mill hit off the first boss when he shot the wall at me. stoneskinnable. I'm playing a monk, defensively. Lot of those heroic bone golems to kill at that much HP. =(

Fought some more henchmonster, all seem to have at least as much as the bosses. booo

Monk, some mystical gear 1/2, energized, mid end raiding gear, no prostige(s'what i call prestige v2).
ElectricPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
Shadowscale

lady bipsie in brokenskull bay summons heroic very hard hitting adds in even the standard solo zone.
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #15
Kalika

Add hit for 1,1million and are level 104.

see the related thread.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #16
Loredena

I also bugged it, but the swarm of grimlings after you have gathered artifacts are overwhelming. The first time I think I had 15, after that I only got 3-4 at a time -- but they all powerdrained me as soon as they were in range, which kept me from doing much. They might need to be scaled down a smidge.
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #17
ElectricPotato

Ancient shadows, floaty undead guys riding clouds in kithicor, do the same thing with power damage killing your whole bar in 2 or 3 s, except they also have enough hp to one shot if you see them first, (IE, aren't barreling through the ground air blindy for speed).
Old 10-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #18
Taiyla

Working on the Sig questline and tried the first solo zone this morning. Found the 12 updates for the quest but now I'm looking for a non-pirate that's still alive. Made it to Lady Bipsie and died. Was time for work so I'll try again later this evening. Just wondering if there really is a live Far Seas Trader in the zone LOL. Also, I avoided one pirate back on the right side that was 104 and red to me.
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #19
Shadowscale

guessing the artifact mentioned by shattered seas: pirates' plot is only accesable after the heroic summoning named?
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #20
ElectricPotato

Dreadweave isle: Lost bearspiderpigs hitting with webgrapple for 300k+, cloth highend heroic/starter raid necromancer lvl95,
Old 10-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #21
Anghammarad

The Trader is on top of the waterfalls in the dungoen, surrounded by 4 Brokenskulls.

I'm stuck with the step after that. Search for the immensely important pirate object.

Bipsie is definetly a no go right now in the solo version. She spawns 2 107 ^^^ Heroic adds... poor inqui makes squish.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #22
Kalika

You are exagerating they are only level 104 and hit for a moderate 1,1million (740 k is howling with the pack) .... just kidding ;-)
Old 10-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #23
Anghammarad

no, they were 107... I moved quite a lot to make them break.

104 weren't any problem. There is a 104 further down, I took him down without breaking into healing sweat.

The two summoned by Betsie are 107.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #24
Jrel

Getting two-shotted by Lost Webhunters using Web Grapple (300K to 385K damage hits) is funny, but probably not so funny for characters that can't one-shot them or keep them stunned.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #25
Kalika

The one I spoke about were heroic, ^^ one a pair .. but they have been fixed.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #26
Finora

The "a thresh fin" and "a savage entangler" mobs in Razorfin bay are absurdly easy. They are level 97-98 mobs that I'm one shotting with hits of 45000. Really surprising given the HP of other monsters and relative power of even a poorly equipped character. I'm a rather poorly equipped solo only character so it was especially surprising to me. The character I'm using just has gear you can see in my signature down there (Lady Finora down there, the only difference being I'm using Great Mace of the Core as my weapon.
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #27
Arcos

Probably just me but just reached first Solo Dungeon and the first lot of drunk pirates (well 2 out of 3 so far) have managed to wipe me out using Drunken Punch or something. Seem to have a lot of health as well.
Arcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #28
Taiyla

I managed to find the Trader but still stuck on Bipsie. Thinking I need to take a real healer and not the non-healing healer mercs Smile
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #29
Matia

Made it in there myself, and can't get past the first dock. Have managed to kill a rigger, but the slurs and other pirate at the first ramp are stunning and one-shotting me repeatedly. The fact they are 4 levels higher is a bit off for the very first of these zones you get to. A "solo" area should be a bit easier than "geez I need a healer with me".

Well, one-shotting may be a bit exaggerated, but it's hard to tell when you're stunned repeatedly and helpless.
Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 AM   #30
krizet

Also just landed in Brokenskull. Selected the plain Solo.
The very first pirate I encountered, with my merc, wiped his butt with us. Yes, some spell that my Warden could not shake.
Got beta buffed too!!
Frown
krizet is offline   Reply With Quote