EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Player Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #31
Tayne

Loremaster

Oh now I'm curious! SMILEY

Hope you bring plenty of cheese!

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #32
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Sylsetia from Eternal Shadows will host it on Guk. I believe the whole guild is participating.

Good stuff!

I'll see what totems I can whip up on my woodworker. and can offer the services of healers tanks, scouts and mages of various levels if someone plans to help with HQs or even ER got healer, mage and scout at 90 let me know just ask if Alenna is on in any form that day and tell me what you need.

Hmm was planning on doing some harvesting for my 90 warlocks spells I'll spend soem time in TS and see if I can get enough rares to make some mastercrafted level 22 armour chain or plate for someone with my  90 armourer and cloth with my 30 something tailor to help newer folks out just starting. I"ll let my other guild Riders of the Storm know we beleive in random acts of kindness. let me know when and where to go on the 4th

Old 01-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #33
Tayne

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Sylsetia from Eternal Shadows will host it on Guk. I believe the whole guild is participating.

Good stuff!

I"ll let my other guild Riders of the Storm know we beleive in random acts of kindness. let me know when and where to go on the 4th

Send an in-game email to Sylsetia because he/she doesn't visit the forums often.  I know she'd likely be very grateful for some help advertising in 1-9 and crafting channels. The concept is pretty basic .. but if folks have questions you can't answer, just direct them here. SMILEY

I think the event on Guk is planned for exact same time as Freeport: Feb. 4, at 4 pm (EST) on Mara docks.

Very happy to have you on board! SMILEY Hope your event brings the same goodwill and infectious spread of kindness we see on Freeport.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
Neenoh

Guide

[email protected] wrote:

WHO: Anyone who cares to help make the server a better place and has items they're willing to give away, crafted or not, with no strings attached (well except for maybe a good deed or two).

WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012 at 4 p.m. (EST)

WHERE: Isle of Mara, next to the crafting houses just off the docks

Greetings. My name is Guide Neenoh. I'm a part of the guide team on your server. It seems my day is clear to attend and introduce myself to those who haven't met me yet. I'll be handing out goodies myself. Hope to see you a lot of you there!

Neenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #35
Tayne

Loremaster

Neenoh wrote:

Greetings. My name is Guide Neenoh. I'm a part of the guide team on your server. It seems my day is clear to attend and introduce myself to those who haven't met me yet. I'll be handing out goodies myself. Hope to see you a lot of you there!

Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you!

Any chance of convincing your fellow guides to show up on the other participating servers too? (Guk, Everfrost and Splitpaw -- although Splitpaw is hosting at a different time).

Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #36
Squeecha

Senior Guide

That would bes up to them there.. and nobody listens to us Ratongas.... but I'll pass the word.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #37
Amekoi

Loremaster

Squeecha, if you're gonna be there, just want to warn you in advance that Colby will be stuck on your heels until you give him roquefort.

ALL THE ROQUEFORT

Amekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #38
Tayne

Loremaster

The bottom line of this event is that it truly renews your faith in people. It's remarkable to see all these folks coming out to give of themselves and their time, whether through crafting or cheerleading or adventure quest rescuing. It's just absolutely amazing to watch it all happen.

I'll post some images after the event is over, but I wanted to thank you all in advance for being so selfless and for giving so freely of yourselves and your time. My  hat is off to you all for helping to make this event grow and spread the seeds of kindness everywhere.

And just a bit of history on the event: we started it last year with four people; the second event we saw more than 30 show up .. this upcoming event on Freeport I'm hoping we'll see more than 80, maybe more. It's really quite amazing to watch it grow and delights me to no end because at its core it is just good people doing kind things -- and that's pretty wonderful.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #39
Tayne

Loremaster

Ok just got word that two more servers have signed on! YAY!

Oasis will be hosted by our dear Miss Peachie .. same time and place: 4pm EST on Mara docks this Saturday.

Butcherblock will also have some folks out donating some items -- same place and same time.

If we're lucky we may also have someone on Permafrost willing to host, but that's not definitive yet.

Thanks to those who sent me tells this evening, was a pleasure talking with you all.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
shots01

Lord

Peachie here.  My guild on Oasis is:  Free Beer.

So far a few people have already donated stuff to me which I have in the guild bank for Saturday.

If I want to contribute 40 slot bags, you all wont see me till then LOL my tailor, Flutterbug, is only 53 tailor

Anyways I will be around on

Flutterbug

Killerbug

Thebug

Silentbug

Popcorn

Mistiebarb (can tinker i think), maybe, or Mistielock (she's my ww)

So anyways /who all Free Beer and if you see someone there, its most likely me.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #41
Amnerys

Community Team

Promoting this on the EQII news site and Welcome Screen.

If you get a chance to take some screenshots and send me a write-up of how it went, I'd love to post a recap next week! SMILEY

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #42
shots01

Lord

Amnerys wrote:

If you get a chance to take some screenshots and send me a write-up of how it went, I'd love to post a recap next week!

Eek!! Recognition!!

Thank you Amnerys!

Umm.. I think...  I'm not very good with screen shots but I will do what I can.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #43
Amnerys

Community Team

I've also added this to the in-game calendar on the participating servers.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #44
Tayne

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

If you get a chance to take some screenshots and send me a write-up of how it went, I'd love to post a recap next week!

Well aren't you fabulous? SMILEY Thank you!

I'll do a write up for Freeport, and will take some screenies, but perhaps others will take screenies too?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
Amnerys

Community Team

Thank you! If you want to write it up like a news article, I'll put your byline on it. Or if you just want to give me details, I can write it. Whatever you prefer.

(I'm going to start trying to get more player-submitted articles going forward!) SMILEY

Old 02-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #46
Amnerys

Community Team

Ohai, you made Massively. SMILEY

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/0...rward-tomorrow/

Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
shots01

Lord

Amnerys wrote:

Ohai, you made Massively.

As Tweek from South Park would say:

EEEKK!! I can't handle the pressure!

LOL

Old 02-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #48
hellzelves

Lord

It is Sylestia lol SMILEY Though my name is spelled different by everyone it seems! And yes the entire raid force of Eternal Shadows is participating as well as lots of other veteran players SMILEY

See you next Tuesday~!
hellzelves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #49
Tayne

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Ohai, you made Massively.

lol that's completely surreal to be on the other side of the reporter's pad on that. SMILEY Not used to it. Haha, how lovely, you naughty girl.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #50
Tayne

Loremaster

hellzelves wrote:

It is Sylestia lol Though my name is spelled different by everyone it seems! And yes the entire raid force of Eternal Shadows is participating as well as lots of other veteran players

+1000! YAY!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #51
hellzelves

Lord

Ok lol I see everyone else visits these forums and I have been remiss. Here are some of the plans we have on Guk.

Saturday from 4 til I guess raid time around 7:45 (eastern)

~We have stocked up on bags and bank boxes as well as spells, adorning materials etc

~We have lots of crafters who have volunteered to be on hand for gratis crafting.

~We have snacks and refreshments of the pixelated variety for all comers

~We have a few who have offered stints of power leveling and help with heroic and epic quets from old tiers

~ Doing raffles and trivia for plats and high tier valuables like manas, masters, rare crafting components

So many people who cannot attend have sent us mails and boxes worth of donations. We have had a mostly good response to the idea SMILEY

See you next Tuesday~!
hellzelves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #52
Tayne

Loremaster

hellzelves wrote:

Ok lol I see everyone else visits these forums and I have been remiss. Here are some of the plans we have on Guk.

~We have stocked up on bags and bank boxes as well as spells, adorning materials etc

~We have lots of crafters who have volunteered to be on hand for gratis crafting.

~We have a few who have offered stints of power leveling and help with heroic and epic quets from old tiers

~ Doing raffles and trivia for plats and high tier valuables like manas, masters, rare crafting components

So many people who cannot attend have sent us mails and boxes worth of donations. We have had a mostly good response to the idea

That sounds absolutely amazing! Way to go!

Be sure to take tons of screenshots and post them in this thread will ya? Oh, and have a blast, it really is a lot of fun. (and thank you so much for stepping up for the Guk server, you rock!)

Old 02-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
Finora

Tester

OH I am so glad I checked back with this thread. I'll have to show up and make myself available =).  Very pleased it's going to be happening on my home server as well.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #54
LadiMiri

Loremaster

I will participating as well as a few of our guildies!  Thanks for creating this!!  Awesome! 

LadiMiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #55
Tallann

Guide

hellzelves wrote:

So many people who cannot attend have sent us mails and boxes worth of donations. We have had a mostly good response to the idea

I already posted here, but for anyone who doesn't check (or isn't familiar with) that thread...I'll be on Guk for at least part of the event.

- Tallann

Tallann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #56
xenomorphia

Guardian

quoting main post.

Let's plan to meet in Mara again in crafting/house area on Feb. 4, 2012 at 4 p.m. EST (this gives folks living in Oz a chance to participate, not too late for Euro types, and middle-of-the-road time for Left and Right coasters).

WHO: Anyone who cares to help make the server a better place and has items they're willing to give away, crafted or not, with no strings attached (well except for maybe a good deed or two).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how exactly are you going to forward this "good will" we make for the servr, for us europeans, for whom you also have made this event.

when you are tearing us away from the servers against our will, forcefully placing us on different european servers under another company ?how will that be transfered with us ?

xenomorphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #57
Tayne

Loremaster

xenomorphia wrote:

quoting main post.

Let's plan to meet in Mara again in crafting/house area on Feb. 4, 2012 at 4 p.m. EST (this gives folks living in Oz a chance to participate, not too late for Euro types, and middle-of-the-road time for Left and Right coasters).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how exactly are you going to forward this "good will" we make for the servr, for us europeans, for whom you also have made this event.

when you are tearing us away from the servers against our will, forcefully placing us on different european servers under another company ?how will that be transfered with us ?

Who's tearing you apart from what now? This is a player-run event, and aside from SOE giving us a little love by posting information about it on its homepage, they have nothing to do with it.

I assure you, I'm not tearing you away from anything. SMILEY Well except for maybe some loot to donate to some worthy new players.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #58
Tayne

Loremaster

Tallann wrote:

I already posted here, but for anyone who doesn't check (or isn't familiar with) that thread...I'll be on Guk for at least part of the event.

- Tallann

Oh that's GREAT news! SMILEY 

Old 02-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #59
Tayne

Loremaster

Good news Crushbone! A few have stepped up and will attempt to host this event last-minute. Watch 1-9 for details! SMILEY

Old 02-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #60
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

I would just like to note that this is a GREAT player run event!  Darn you *raises fist in the air* for selecting my daughters 10th birthday to do this SMILEY  

I will just have to keep an eye on the forums for the next time this event is planned and I shall be there to help out on my own server SMILEY

For those that are participating in the planning and fun of the day, enjoy it!  You have all worked hard and you will leave a great impression with new players SMILEY